What's new

China's Auto Makers Foton, Great Wall to Enter India

The car have been produced a year ,but when will be new jetta produced? who copy?in additional,i think they don't look the same

Yeah it more looks like a mix of the jetta and the 2012 corolla.

This is my car, Swift Dzire Zdi. You'll have to wait for about two year to get one, after booking.

swift-dzire_560x420.jpg

these cars look good but the main problem is that most cars r for upper middle class n high class as they range from INR 8-25 lakh but Chinese products don't carry good brand image in most people mind so i doubt how many people will actually opt for them....:undecided:

Besides they will also face stiff competition in India from Indian n foreign firms n top of that they can't import these from China n will have to manufacture in India(due to custom issues) so the final price may further vary...

But i wish best of luck to Chinese Companies...:enjoy:

Word of Advice.... After sales and service is very important in India. It can make or break a new company like Foton. It would be interesting to see how you guy fair in a market dominated by Indian , Japanese and Korean cars.

Good luck CHINA!!:cheers:

these cars look good but the main problem is that most cars r for upper middle class n high class as they range from INR 8-25 lakh but Chinese products don't carry good brand image in most people mind so i doubt how many people will actually opt for them....:undecided:

Besides they will also face stiff competition in India from Indian n foreign firms n top of that they can't import these from China n will have to manufacture in India(due to custom issues) so the final price may further vary...

But i wish best of luck to Chinese Companies...:enjoy:
most of chinese cars are produced for the poor and their price is less than 100000 yuan RMB,equal to half price of VW,HYUNDAI,TOKYO,HONDA 。。。。。。but the quality is not differ too much:confused:

most of chinese cars are produced for the poor and their price is less than 100000 yuan RMB,equal to half price of VW,HYUNDAI,TOKYO,HONDA 。。。。。。:confused:

Mate Indian car market starts as low as 17,000 yuan(Tata Nano) n could to go as high as Merc, Audi, RR, etc but most cars sell in the range of 30,000 - 100,000 yuans which r manufactured by Suzuki, Hyundai, Toyota, Tata, Nissan, Mahindra, VW, etc etc...:)

I my post was more over towards the general image of Chinese products(plz don't take it in wrong manner) people just don't trust the quality except for a view like Lenovo but overall general people don't carry good image due to past experience of local Chinese devices...:agree:

Besides India is a low cost country like China n almost every company has its manufacturing facility here as the govt. Impose high duty on imported vehicles so cars r generally reasonably priced thats why i said along with brand issues the Chinese companies will also face very stiff competition in Indian market....:)

Mate Indian car market starts as low as 17,000 yuan(Tata Nano) n could to go as high as Merc, Audi, RR, etc but most cars sell in the range of 30,000 - 100,000 yuans which r manufactured by Suzuki, Hyundai, Toyota, Tata, Nissan, Mahindra, VW, etc etc...:)

I my post was more over towards the general image of Chinese products(plz don't take it in wrong manner) people just don't trust the quality except for a view like Lenovo but overall general people don't carry good image due to past experience of local Chinese devices...:agree:

Besides India is a low cost country like China n almost every company has its manufacturing facility here as the govt. Impose high duty on imported vehicles so cars r generally reasonably priced thats why i said along with brand issues the Chinese companies will also face very stiff competition in Indian market....:)
you are right,but the quality of these chinese cars will be proved to be reliable in Indian market,like LENOVO.Believe me,most of chinese cars are cheaper than you thinking.for instance,the Great Wall automobile has been sold to many countries and consumers of these countries believe in its quality,and Sales is also very good.in our country,the Great Wall car is also very popular.:P

you are right,but the quality of these chinese cars will be proved to be reliable in Indian market,like LENOVO.Believe me,most of chinese cars are cheaper than you thinking.for instance,the Great Wall automobile has been sold to many countries and consumers of these countries believe in its quality,and Sales is also very good.in our country,the Great Wall car is also very popular.:P

If u could post some pics with price n basic details of some below 100,000 yuan cars n SUVs that would be great as that where the volume Chinese Companies can attract....:)

give you a chart about suv sales of china in november 2012
Img6289507_780.png

Thank you for confirming that Chinese SUVs sell for 60,000~70,000 Yuan while foreign brand SUVs sell for 2.5 times Chinese brand prices and still dominate top 10.

Back
Top Bottom