What's new

China's Best Ships in Gulf: Trouble for India?

China should be very very careful HERE!!! A similar situation like "Black Hawk Down" may occur. For example, if the Somali Pirates/Militants sink or attack a Chinese vessel, then, the next thing you know China is engaged in more aggressive operations in the Gulf of Aden and possibly sending more Naval reinforcements to fight off the Somali Militants!!! Then Chinese Navy may have to send a limited amount of troops into Somalia to combat the militants further, this could get ugly!

Trust me Somalia is no joke, Somali militants will attack, they oppose foreigners generally speaking, and they may just do that.

If I am right. Then I am the first to predict such an amazing account!!!

Last edited:
Cut out the offtopic comments.
Boss, just 1 post.
And in all my posts, I am actually quoting the original poster who initaited the proces of taking the thread where it is heading

It was a member from Pakistan who brought in a Indian-threat perception angle in to Chinese piracy Naval patrol

Central Asia’s Seaport: Gwadar or Chabahar?

GWADAR AND CHABAHAR: COMPETITION OR COMPLIMENTARITY?
There apppears to be a deficiency on my part explaining my statement to you

If you had bothered to read the link related to Iran-India realtion and India's involvemtn in the port, it was clearly mention that India is deeply involved in developing the port and extending the the strtegic depth of India.
Your links only reinforced what I said

You said that India mostlyy provided labourers to Iran for the project.
It was in response to this statement from you that I asked you to give me 1 link that would validate your statement. Instead you gave me al ink that only further strengthened my statement

Dude, thats just messed up. You really need to back off on the hate speech.
Buddy, where is the hate in my statetment.
If at all anything I just expressed my admiration for the Chinese effort for self-development and advancement. As Indians, Chinese model of growth is a source of inspiration for us. If not for our Communist Parties, we could have followed them to the fullest

When I ment by China taking too much and not giving much in return, here is a point
China makes them in its own country, employing its own people and profit earned will be kept witihn its own country
Pakistan has paid for the locomoitves and gets just the locomotives and nothing else.
A country like Pakistan with its extensive Rail use [source: Discovery Channel :D] needs a locomotive factory to be set up in the country itself. Yet the Chinese refuse to do so - I could go on with more illustration to depict this inequality of Pakistan's realation with China

While on the other hand India made the swedes o set up its Volvo plants in India to mfg trucks and buses using Indian supply chain with the help of Indian citizens as employees. These very buses and trucks are sold to Pakistan [again Pakistan paying India]

does my statement find support amongst any Pakistani

P.S: I did not mention India's locomotive sector as it is achievedn export industry status. Instead took a comparable exmaple

As for China's patrolling the seas guarding against piracy, I think it is a wise decision not to deploy anything bigger than Destroyers as a bigger vessel would only result in lesser speed - not suitable for piracy operations IMO. Just the right balance of deterrance and effectiveness

-------
Pakistan to import 75 locomotives from China
Pakistan to import 75 locomotives from Iran: minister
Pakistan ready to import locomotives from Germany

Exactly..with such a high demand and utilization of railways in Pakistan, would it not have been more logical for a Chinese Co to set up a plant in Pakistan.

@Mods/Admins
:D I haven't changed the link back to the original link:D

Well not a reason for me to lose sleep over ;)

Last edited:
why do people think that anything that china does is aimed against someone, either the US or INDIA. the chinese are much smarter than the world thinks they are.
they will never engage in a war because it will harm their growth prospects.the world already acknowledges their might no need for them to engage in petty showoffs.
as per my opinion neither the chinese presence is directed against india nor it is to show support towards pakistan. they always care only about themselves and go doing doing their business very efficiently without making noise.
thanks

Pakistan buying 75 locomotives from China
Is this true? I thought they were buying from Iran as per news reports from quoting Xinhua

Pakistan to import 75 locomotives from Iran: minister

-------------------------------------------------------------

And as per technology of locomotives in India, Pakistan did consider buying Indian locomotives

Pakistan ready to import locomotives from Germany

By Fida Hussain

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has been offered to import locomotives from Germany and the Pakistan Railways (PR) is considering the offer as it is running short of the rail engines, a senior government official told Daily Times.

The PR has already planned the import of locomotives from various countries including India and China to meet the requirement.

“The German authorities have offered Pakistan to import a number of locomotives from Germany as the latter claims that quality of German engines is far better than those available in other countries,” the official said.

The official said that besides this, the PR is also considering to import locomotives from India. The US $98 million agreement of importing 69 locomotives from China is still intact.

However, the PR has informed the Chinese company that Pakistan will import only 2000 horsepower engines instead of 3000 horsepower engines as the latter developed cracks after they were imported from China.

According to the official, there is no response from the Prime Minister’s Secretariat on the proposal of importing locomotives from India.

But at the same time, there was another development as the ministry of industries and production is exploring Chinese steel industry to acquire technology for manufacturing steel products.

The main concern of the ministry of industries is based on quality as the iron ore production in Indian relied on old technologies compared to China.

According to the official, the PR is still hopeful that it would get the nod from the prime minister regarding the planned import of locomotives from India.

He said the locomotives imported from India could be much economical as the import would be minus transport charges.

The official said that PR would be probing if the government concerns on the quality of Indian steel products and iron ore are applicable to the planned import of locomotives from India.

According to the official, Germany made the offer during a visit by the Voith Turbo.

The delegation being headed by MD Hinrich Krey is on a weeklong tour to Pakistan. On Wednesday the delegation met the federal minister for railways, Mian Shamim Haider.

According to an official statement, this is the second visit of the delegation. The delegation had earlier visited Pakistan in April this year, which was followed by a visit of Mian Shamim Haider to Germany in July.

The delegation assured its support to the PR in improving the designing facilities. It also offered to improve the carriage factory and enter into joint venture of locomotive manufacturing.

Besides this, the delegation offered to help refurbish the railway coaches with German technology.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

oops. i forgot i promised not to make another OT post here..removed and added to the previous post

it seems to be a mistake to make this thread. apparently, you guys have no knowledge of these matters, you haven't even analyzed the situation. Have you bothered doing research and finding what kinds of ships these are?

sending two destroyers, not frigates or corvettes, along with a support ship to fight AK-47's and RPG's is an overkill. These destroyers are made for AAW for all layers, high, medium, and low altitude. Their radar coverage and SAM's are the best China has to offer. These ships are the China's best.

Trouble for India?...No.

Trouble for pirates?...Yes.

i dont think so because tensions were high china wants to bait India and denuclerize it than divde into 3 parts and live happly after than 5years later we will be fighting US finishes them off happiily after...:pakistan::china:

I don't we should be really concerned about Chabahar Port obviously it will suit Iran's needs just like Gwadar which will benefit Pakistan immensely

We, the simple minded folks, from the outside may look at it in two ways:

1. It is indeed trouble for India. But you have to remember Japan is going to be joining China in the waters pretty soon too. Japanese defence minister has been instructed to speed up the process that will allow Japan to join China in the troubled waters. So, is Japan being pushed out there by USA to maintain the balance?

2. China is going there for the purpose stated, that is just to patrol and insure that Chinese Cargo does not fall victim to the pirates. Again, factor in Japan and this is just as believable as the perspective above.

i dont think so because tensions were high china wants to bait India and denuclerize it than divde into 3 parts and live happly after than 5years later we will be fighting US finishes them off happiily after...:pakistan::china:

No, we call this paranoia. Sino-India relations is not on a tension level. But that is beside the point.

China's three vessels mission and intentions are clear with UN backing to combat piracy. It is that simple. Let's not think too much about it.

If 2 combat vessels and 1 support vessel can pose trouble for India then if China send 10 combat vessels, will India shoot their pants and cry?...please...let's be realistic here.

The only target here are the pirates.

No, we call this paranoia. Sino-India relations is not on a tension level. But that is beside the point.

China's three vessels mission and intentions are clear with UN backing to combat piracy. It is that simple. Let's not think too much about it.

If 2 combat vessels and 1 support vessel can pose trouble for India then if China send 10 combat vessels, will India shoot their pants and cry?...please...let's be realistic here.

The only target here are the pirates.
You might never know, there might be some sort of "power projection" thought behind it, even if there are 3 vessels, could be a physical factor for the Indians.
However, this is all just guessing, let's just assume they went in there to fight pirates, period.

why do people think that anything that china does is aimed against someone, either the US or INDIA. the chinese are much smarter than the world thinks they are.
they will never engage in a war because it will harm their growth prospects.the world already acknowledges their might no need for them to engage in petty showoffs.
as per my opinion neither the chinese presence is directed against india nor it is to show support towards pakistan. they always care only about themselves and go doing doing their business very efficiently without making noise.
thanks

Moscow's point about the Chinese caring only about themselves is right on. China is an amoral nation. I didn't say immoral, I said amoral. Since ancient history and especially since communism in the past 60 years, the Chinese only care about their own "Kingdom of Heaven". They want it to be complete, hence Hong Kong, Tibet and Taiwan, must be part of the Kingdom. But they are not at all colonial and they are not sentimental. They have "friends" only in ways that support their own power and independence. They will not spill Chinese blood for anyone except their own nationals. Maybe, as they become more involved in world affairs, they will help with UN security efforts, and maybe, this move against the Somali pirates is the beginning of that. The people of the US would love to see the Chinese helping to "police" the world. We are getting damn tired of it, believe me! Maybe we could move the UN building to Shanghai, too!

Back
Top Bottom