What's new

China's first carrier in service:

What exactly is threatening about an aircraft carrier without aircraft on it? I wonder what else you find threatening?

I am sure the Chinese will fix all of the problems in a short period of time.

You are right, as of yet, there is not urgent for us to react or reposition. But considering how weak our Navy still is, we must think in a long term, how we will response if a Chinese carrier enters the disputed waters.

Nice pic. As far as I know Chinese female soldiers are not sent to a front to engage in combat situations.
Ist that rule changed?
Can any Chinese member tell me about operation radius or any plan to send to the water of SCS?
in fact,it is only a big club full of champagne and cocktails with a outline of carrier.Female soldiers are there bcz it turns to be harder to catch suitable male these years .It is said that the soldiers have received no salary for more than one year.people are more inclined to go to Foxconn with bad working conditions and a bit monye than being soldiers without payed.
the operation radius is all the world since erveryone can be here pastime.a big tip for you:only accept RMB, US dollars invalid!and it will never be seen in SCS.it's only a big house with no engine.
Do trust me,it's what i get from a friend who is a senior military officer.so there is no nightmare for you.
BTW,i want to buy Cam Ranh Bay for my small wooden fishing boat.who is the boss now,France or US or Russia? take it easy,i just want to improve my life.so please help me.:hitwall:

China will have much bigger problems on their hands than petty squables with VN in the future. Chinese nationality is more threatening than any missile or ship they own and will eventually be confronted.

in fact,it is only a big club full of champagne and cocktails with a outline of carrier.Female soldiers are there bcz it turns to be harder to catch suitable male these years .It is said that the soldiers have received no salary for more than one year.people are more inclined to go to Foxconn with bad working conditions and a bit monye than being soldiers without payed.
the operation radius is all the world since erveryone can be here pastime.a big tip for you:only accept RMB, US dollars invalid!and it will never be seen in SCS.it's only a big house with no engine.
Do trust me,it's what i get from a friend who is a senior military officer.so there is no nightmare for you.
BTW,i want to buy Cam Ranh Bay for my small wooden fishing boat.who is the boss now,France or US or Russia? take it easy,i just want to improve my life.so please help me.:hitwall:

are you on drugs?

"big house without engine" - the ac has been on sea-trials for more than 10 times

I also have friends in the military who have never complained about their pay in arears! Even the retired veterans have their pensions paid on time! dont be ridiculous!

China will have much bigger problems on their hands than petty squables with VN in the future. Chinese nationality is more threatening than any missile or ship they own and will eventually be confronted.

We have our problems which can be found common in many other parts of the world. There are a lot more problems in india which can cause the country to collapse in the forseeable future and usa is not out of the woods yet!

are you on drugs?

"big house without engine" - the ac has been on sea-trials for more than 10 times

I also have friends in the military who have never complained about their pay in arears! Even the retired veterans have their pensions paid on time! dont be ridiculous!!
learn to 幽 and 默 please.

We have our problems which can be found common in many other parts of the world. There are a lot more problems in india which can cause the country to collapse in the forseeable future and usa is not out of the woods yet!
We are all in for a rude awakening I believe it true. Americans in particular.

We are all in for a rude awakening I believe it true. Americans in particular.

As American you can laugh over the Chinese carrier if compared with the US carrier fleet. I am a bit concernd about our defence in the Spratlys.

You can help us by lifting the ban of selling lethal weapons!
We would like to buy some nice toys such as drones being cable to monitor naval activities in the SCS. Any idea when the US goverment is going to make it happen?

As American you can laugh over the Chinese carrier if compared with the US carrier fleet. I am a bit concernd about our defence in the Spratlys.

You can help us by lifting the ban of selling lethal weapons!
We would like to buy some nice toys such as drones being cable to monitor naval activities in the SCS. Any idea when the US goverment is going to make it happen?
Most likely a day late and a dollar short, if at all. Unfortunately my president knows more about the kardashians and Monday night football than foreign policy. Panetta basically threw the idea aside back in July.

[video]http://v.ifeng.com/include/exterior.swf?AutoPlay=false&guid=2833518c-177f-4ecc-badb-95358c6a4db6&fromweb=ZHVPlayer[/video]

Rather than attempt to match US naval strategy and operational doctrine, it is likely that the PLAN is seeking a more limited power-projection capability that will support both the defence of China’s regional interests and its growing interests further afield (investments in natural resources and a fast-expanding diaspora of Chinese workers and technical advisers). Hu Jintao, China’s outgoing president, has also frequently referred to the PLAN’s “new historic missions”, which include being able to respond to non-traditional security challenges such as disaster relief, counter-piracy, military diplomacy and patrolling the sea-lanes that have become so vital to the Chinese economy.
excerpt from :China's aircraft carrier: 58,500 tonnes of coincidence | The Economist

Rather than attempt to match US naval strategy and operational doctrine, it is likely that the PLAN is seeking a more limited power-projection capability that will support both the defence of China’s regional interests and its growing interests further afield (investments in natural resources and a fast-expanding diaspora of Chinese workers and technical advisers). Hu Jintao, China’s outgoing president, has also frequently referred to the PLAN’s “new historic missions”, which include being able to respond to non-traditional security challenges such as disaster relief, counter-piracy, military diplomacy and patrolling the sea-lanes that have become so vital to the Chinese economy.
excerpt from :China's aircraft carrier: 58,500 tonnes of coincidence | The Economist

We know for sure about Chinese naval ambitions. For us in particular it is really interesing to see how China responds to the current dispute with Japan, and what lesson we can draw.

Back
Top Bottom