What's new

China's Ghost Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily.

Is brain drain the only reason for developmental gap? or the most contributing factor?

If you have article to back itp,it would make sense

For example as per a UNDP report,the emigration of Indian computer professionals costs India $2 billion ,not huge but yes significant.

BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Brain drain costs Asia billions

Immigration and Jobs - Map of Foreign-Born Workers - Interactive Graphic - NYTimes.com

Top 20 occupations for those born in China

Top 20 occupations for those born in India

It's simple statistics for point 2 which may hint that Indians lack the very creativity that they accuse Chinese of lacking. There are more scientists and engineers in China. This is a fact.

Number of engineers on rise...

More engineers per capita, higher population, much more engineers total. Therefore losing 1 for India is very devastating.[/QUOTE]
Engineers in China for what?Just reverse engineering maybe.

More engineers per capita, higher population, much more engineers total. Therefore losing 1 for India is very devastating.

That can argued upon ,based on potential revenues earned in India and the potential remittances sent from abroad to India.

The single most successful ethnic group in America are the Persian Jews. They own most of Beverly Hills and have the highest per capita income of any American. Even the mayor is Persian. What does this mean for Iran??? Absolutely nothing, except that they took their brains and their wealth and fled to America when Khomeini came to power.

The single most successful ethnic group in America are the Persian Jews. They own most of Beverly Hills and have the highest per capita income of any American. Even the mayor is Persian. What does this mean for Iran??? Absolutely nothing, except that they took their brains and their wealth and fled to America when Khomeini came to power.

Hey man!My feelings are mixed about Indian Americans doing well.

Only when someone was posting a derogatory racial stereotype about my countrymen ,i responded with facts ,and not possessed Indian pride something.

Would you not respond the same way if someone said ,All Chinese Americans are dishwashers?

I hope you get the analogy.

Just know this from you,I only know Agassi is Iranian,jews maybe not.

How does 700,000 / 1,100,000,000 sample represent Indians ???

How does 500,000 / 1,400,000,000 sample represent Chinese people ???
This isn't even a representative slice of the Chinese American and Indian American populations.

Time for the Indians here to take a basic statistics class.

All I see is massive brain drain for India. Why ?? Because if it wasn't you guys would have the per capita GDP of Switzerland. But you don't.
You have a lower per capita GDP than most of Africa.

As someone pointed out already, you have a lower GDP per capita than many African countries as well. Doesn't mean that you are worse in anything than them. It may just be historical factors or the fact that natural resources alone can't sustain such huge populations.

I work in the industry for many years and I've done most every asset class, so you're not going to be able to BS me about US and European banks running on Indian software. That's simply not true. The truth is I asked a trick question. Most banks still run proprietary or custom built systems.

You may have spent may years but obviously not in an important enough position to know such stuff. Else you won't be talking this BS!

Yes many banks are on legacy systems. No one claimed otherwise.

Many of them are shifting to the modern systems provided by Indian vendors.

Here is the map of just Finacle customers.

customer_map.jpg

Checkout the case studies.

Finacle - Customers | Case Studies

And now go and eat your words back in your loud mouth.

Are there Indians working in Finance in the West. Certainly. The best known are Pandit (the Bandit) and Jain (his entire village is at DB). For everyone of them, there's the SocGen Trader serving 3 years for code theft and the Fannie guy serving 3 years for the logic bomb. Nothing to brag about my friend.

I see a primitive small mind at work here.

Don't worry, you probably still have a chance to recover.

so that we all understand the Chinese here
Chinese: You Indians are not smart , we Chinese hold better jobs in the US, have much high IQ's
Indians: NO you don't, here is the proof
Chinese : Thats because you have bigger population in the US
Indians: NO we don't- you do! and much older in terms of being immigrants, more adept to the American culture
Chinese: Okay! then it must be Brain Drain- yeah hahaha
( enters racists Chinese poster Below_ Freezing) : and and you are slaves !!! to the white man in America . you go play in field slave Indians!
Indian: err-

A joint Duke University – UC Berkeley study revealed that Indian immigrants have founded more engineering and technology companies from 1995 to 2005 than immigrants from the U.K., China Taiwan and Japan combined,. A University of California, Berkeley, study reported that one-third of the engineers in Silicon Valley are of Indian descent, while 7% of valley hi-tech firms are led by Indian CEOs.

Indians along with other Asians, have one of the highest educational qualifications of all ethnic groups in the US. Almost 67% of all Indians have a bachelor’s or high degree (compared to 28% nationally and 44% average for all Asian American groups). Almost 40% of all Indians in the United States have a master’s, doctorate or other professional degree, which is five times the national average.

Enter rest of racists Chinese: You have no toilets, you let children starve to death, you are brown and use your finger to eat!!!

Chinese: You Indians are not smart , we Chinese hold better jobs in the US, have much high IQ's
Indians: NO we don't- you do! and much older in terms of being immigrants, more adept to the american culture
( enters racists chinese poster Below_ Freezing) : and and you are slaves !!! to the white man in america vs Chinese. you go play in field slave indians!

Sounds like the usual pattern of "arguments".

Wow, Incredible Indians, hat off to you guys, more power to Indians, may i have the honor to add more incredible news for you guys?

About 36 per cent of NASA scientists are Indians

Indian scientists make up 36 per cent of NASA's tech pool. About 35 per cent of all programmers at Mircrosoft are of Indian origin and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT boasts of 12 senior professors also of Indian origin.
PS, do not forget to thank me though:lol:

Indians: NO we don't- you do! and much older in terms of being immigrants, more adept to the American culture
( enters racists Chinese poster Below_ Freezing) : and and you are slaves !!! to the white man in America . you go play in field slave Indians!

A joint Duke University – UC Berkeley study revealed that Indian immigrants have founded more engineering and technology companies from 1995 to 2005 than immigrants from the U.K., China Taiwan and Japan combined,. A University of California, Berkeley, study reported that one-third of the engineers in Silicon Valley are of Indian descent, while 7% of valley hi-tech firms are led by Indian CEOs.

Indians along with other Asians, have one of the highest educational qualifications of all ethnic groups in the US. Almost 67% of all Indians have a bachelor’s or high degree (compared to 28% nationally and 44% average for all Asian American groups). Almost 40% of all Indians in the United States have a master’s, doctorate or other professional degree, which is five times the national average.

Enter rest of racists Chinese: You have no toilets, you let children starve to death, you are brown and use your finger to eat!!!

I wouldn't stereotype every Chinese here my friend.Also some Indians too indulge in the above type of example.

You may have spent may years but obviously not in an important enough position to know such stuff. Else you won't be talking this BS!

Yes many banks are on legacy systems. No one claimed otherwise.

Many of them are shifting to the modern systems provided by Indian vendors.

Here is the map of just Finacle customers.

customer_map.jpg

Checkout the case studies.

Finacle - Customers | Case Studies

And now go and eat your words back in your loud mouth.

I see a primitive small mind at work here.

Don't worry, you probably still have a chance to recover.

Dude, look at your map. Do you see a red dot on New York or London?? Those are the two financial capitals of the world. They can't find one customer for this super-duper Finacle nobody's heard of. Sorry, I've never worked banking in Cairo and neither has 95% of my profession. No one in New York or London has heard of this Finacle. Enough said.

Wow, Incredible Indians, hat off to you guys, more power to Indians, may i have the honor to add more incredible news for you guys?

Indian scientists make up 36 per cent of NASA's tech pool. About 35 per cent of all programmers at Mircrosoft are of Indian origin and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT boasts of 12 senior professors also of Indian origin.
PS, do not forget to thank me though:lol:

Thats an internet hoax ,

So we export our trash while India exports its best. What's wrong with that? India will become worse and worse on average due to a higher proportion of their high IQ people leaving while our low IQ people leave more on average and leave more high IQ people. There are less Chinese anyways.

Why are Indians proud of their brain drain? :lol: I'm happy if our migrants are 100% low IQ uneducated people since that means high IQ people are staying.

actually the brain drain strangely helps india in the long run

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom