What's new

China’s Ultimate Nightmare: Japan Armed With Nuclear Weapons

The first article says 1950s and 60s, which that part of Japan is under official US control. What are some of the sources that said US stores nuclear weapons since the handover of these islands.

lol! You think the US military just packed them all up and sent them to Kansas.
For instance why do you think the Okinawa thing never goes away. It's because I'm sure there is a very elaborate underground complex built long ago that both the US and Japanese governments don't want to give up - or admit.

All done in a previous "pivot to asia" (yes, Obama's pivot is not the first one)

Last edited:
India must not hesitate to help or assist Japan.
We do not have any reason to refrain ourselves from helping Japan, India's 'friend'.
As far as Indo-Japan relations are concerned we shouldn't be thinking too much of consequences because 'Indo-Japan closeness' is already a consequence.

lol! You think the US military just packed them all up and sent them to Kansas.
For instance why do you think the Okinawa thing never goes away. It's because I'm sure there is a very elaborate underground complex built long ago that both the US and Japanese governments don't want to give up - or admit.

All done in a previous "pivot to asia" (yes, Obama's pivot is not the first one)

So there is no transparency for nuclear weapons, which the US wants from China.

But I'm not here to play the blame game that does little for me, nor do I care if Japan harbors any Nukes as I know the US can hit China from Mars.

I just want to say, other than speculation, what sources there are on these Nukes in Japan. Without sources, we can come to a number of conclusion about a number of different things and at that point, we are not debating, we are just indulging on the idiosyncrasies of each other.

We do not have any reason to refrain ourselves from helping Japan, India's 'friend'.
As far as Indo-Japan relations are concerned we shouldn't be thinking too much of consequences because 'Indo-Japan closeness' is already a consequence.

Japan per capita: 32,481. Indian's 1,688

total GDP Japan's 4.2 Trillion, India's 2.18

Enough said.

Japan per capita: 32,481. Indian's 1,688

total GDP Japan's 4.2 Trillion, India's 2.18

Enough said.

Per capita:
China: $8280.
Pakistan: $1427

GDP:
China : 10 Trillion
Pakistan : 0.25 Trillion

Still you need Pakistan's help and co-operation.
Understand, strategic partnership is only based on Geography, not money.
Mutually respecting friendship of India and Japan is far better and matured than disparate and one-sided partnership of China and Pakistan.

Japan wanting to get into a nuclear war with us is a joke. Go ask the Otaku if they are willing to do that. LOL

Y? Japan is under US security umbrella. An nuclear attack on Japan is attack on USA and they are bound to reply with N weapons.

China already has 4 nuclear armed neighbours plus potentially three more viz Japan, Soko and Vietnam.
Supplying nukes to Pakistan will be avenged by India at a time and place of its choosing.

Easy man!

Also, Vietnam ain't gonna have any nukes.

Why?

Because China will then enter Vietnam to rid them of WMDs as US entered Iraq.

Taiwan also.

According to Chinese law, a presence of a nuclear weapons program on Taiwan will be grounds for immediate attack on Taiwan.

To be honest, you have really overestimated your technological capability.

Just look at Shinshin, this is the best you can do.

Not really.

Japan has all the technological capacity to do that. Actually, nuclear weapons are a really old 1960s technology, but most states don't do it for a variety of reasons.

Japan is nearer to a nuke, than Iran is to one.

Japan can test thermonuclear weapons within 9 months, if its scientists get the go ahead.

Japan of today, that is 2015, if more technologically capable of the India of 2020.

So that said, Japan needs no assistance if it were to ever decide to tread this path.

Japan right now is in US nuclear umbrella, and US is determined to have Japan as an ally right now. If the US alliance were to ever falter, Japan can develop 1000 thermonuclear nukes within 2 years.

It already has the weapons grade plutonium.

China can send something 1000 times brighter than the sun to you.;)

At 0:48 , we can see how small the sun is .:-)

1967, weapon sized H-bomb, yield 157 times of Nagasaki "fat man":-)

No need to invoke Nagasaki here, especially when talking to a Japanese member here.

Oh just get over yourself..you sound like an Indian..:rofl: if there is an ultimate nightmare for China,I dont think it would have anything to do with Japan.

Japan arming itself with nuclear weapons is comical, trying so hard to be part of the big boys.
Trying? It already is.

Japan is 3rd largest economy of the world.
It's one of the most advanced civilization on the planet.
It has unimaginable HDI standards.
I don't know any country which has borne nuclear attack and bounced back amazingly.

You should read more to educate yourself before to avoid becoming laughing stock.

a nuclear armed Japan will shift the balance of power in Asia. I think the day will come considering the threats Japan is facing: China, North Korea and Russia, plus the danger of a potential reduced involvement of America in East Asia. especially the arrogance and aggression of the chinese make the rise of japan military easier. from theory to reality.

Trying? It already is.

Japan is 3rd largest economy of the world.
It's one of the most advanced civilization on the planet.
It has unimaginable HDI standards.
I don't know any country which has borne nuclear attack and bounced back amazingly.

You should read more to educate yourself before to avoid becoming laughing stock.

Now that is full of crap, you suggest that one has to be nuked and bounce back as a criteria for being part of the big boys club? Judging from the statistics and map Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
many EU countries and Australia have high HDI do they qualify to be called big boys?
The big boys club = P5 which India desperately wants to be part of it.

a nuclear armed Japan will shift the balance of power in Asia. I think the day will come considering the threats Japan is facing: China, North Korea and Russia, plus the danger of a potential reduced involvement of America in East Asia. especially the arrogance and aggression of the chinese make the rise of japan military easier. from theory to reality.

Well said!

The bolded part being the key reason here.

In 1970s South Korean had plans for nuclear program, which however was dropped in fear of losing American troop assistance.

http://nautilus.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/CIA_ROK_Nuclear_DecisionMaking.pdf

Japanese WMD development will happen in the event of American refusal to involve in the region, which is the opposite given recent developments.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom