What's new

Chinese Austalians flock to cheer for team China and make Chinese basketball team feel like playing at home

No such thing in basketball. A big win means a lot and a slim win shows u got problem.

That is why USA didn't win the last men FIBA. LOL...
I am pretty sure you probably not the type that play sport.

I used to play College Baseball, I can tell you this, even at your best day, and you are going to win most of the day, it does not mean you will win that day, that's because there is a chance the other team just did things a little better or you just did thing a little worse, and they won.

The important thing is you learn from your mistake, and do it when that's count, sure France defeated US on game 1, but the US won the Gold medal, if you ask France team, would they want to win game 1 in prelim or would they rather want to win the gold medal match? You think what they are going to say?

Many Chinese Australians still have a Chinese heart, in the game between China and Australia they all cheer for China, the massive applause makes China feel like a host team and Australia a visiting team.

15e83781ac934d069fc7eb813f5a156b.png

f96b47381f7a4a409ff783aac9a1c37e.jpeg
Then why did they immigrate to Australia. And even more so why did they reboubved their Chinese citizenship and choose Australia's instead? I won't call that having a heart for their home country per se. Those who really have a heart for their country is those who will still stay put or at least maintain their nationality eventhough its not advantageous to them. Afterall, any human will choose the easy way out by adopting a more developed country's nationality and foregoing their home country as long as it offers them more benefits and their family. Those who will stand out in my opinion is those who will still choose to maintain their nationality even though it might not favour them as much. Lol

Then why did they immigrate to Australia. And even more so why did they reboubved their Chinese citizenship and choose Australia's instead? I won't call that having a heart for their home country per se. Those who really have a heart for their country is those who will still stay put or at least maintain their nationality eventhough its not advantageous to them. Afterall, any human will choose the easy way out by adopting a more developed country's nationality and foregoing their home country as long as it offers them more benefits and their family. Those who will stand out in my opinion is those who will still choose to maintain their nationality even though it might not favour them as much. Lol
To be fair, I have no problem Australian Chinese ditch the home team and cheer for the Chinese team, that's an individual choice, I did the same, I am an Australian American, I still remember I cheer for Team USA when I was watching Olympic QF between US and Australia in a pub here in Australia. People don't mind because I speak an American accent, and I remember the bar tender told me it's "Fair Dinkum", same with my wife, she will cheer for Sweden if they play Australia in Handball or anything the Swede are good at (Sorry Catherine, I only know Swede are good at hand ball, don't yell at me at home)

What I have problem is the way he presents this, first of all, this is a sport that while Australian are very good at it, it was majorly ignored. This is not going to be a blow out sport to begin with, so anyone could have cheer for anyone, it's no longer a home game advantage. Then he said that it was all the Chinese ditch Australia and it make Australia playing like a visitor, which is false, the game probably have 4 times more Australian than Chinese, he focus on one section of the stadium and that is particularly dishonest if you ask me.

No such thing in basketball. A big win means a lot and a slim win shows u got problem.

That is why USA didn't win the last men FIBA. LOL...

Dont worry mate, they have some advantage on that sport, but when it comes to Badminton, it is only Far East nations that dominate

Dont worry mate, they have some advantage on that sport, but when it comes to Badminton, it is only Far East nations that dominate
I think u quote the wrong post.

Barely 10 years ago China was still an extremely poor country, so it's understandable that people moved to richer and more developed places for their families wellbeing, even south east Asian countries have tens of millions Chinese if not more, way more than the Chinese diaspora in the western countries, it's due to hundreds of years of migration. Chinese ancestors moved to almost every single country on the planet, almost all major cities in the world have China towns.

I am an Australian American, I still remember I cheer for Team USA when I was watching Olympic QF between US and Australia in a pub here in Australia.
You are an American? it doesn't show in either of your two profile flags. A false flagger?

You said you are an American, didn't you? so what did I say wrong about you? can you explain?
Being an "American" and being a "Chinese" is not a mutually exclusive event, you can be both, unlike being a "boy" and "girl"

Just go ask Gu Ailing and the entire National Chinese Ice Hockey Team and you will get your answer.

On the other hand, if you want to play dumb and pretend this issue has never discussed before here on PDF, that's your business, again, unless you are very keen of getting banned by the mod, you really should stop talking about this. Heed my warning, don't heed it, it's up to you.

@waz @LeGenD

Being an "American" and being a "Chinese" is not a mutually exclusive event, you can be both, unlike being a "boy" and "girl"

Just go ask Gu Ailing and the entire National Chinese Ice Hockey Team and you will get your answer.

On the other hand, if you want to play dumb and pretend this issue has never discussed before here on PDF, that's your business, again, unless you are very keen of getting banned by the mod, you really should stop talking about this. Heed my warning, don't heed it, it's up to you.

@waz @LeGenD
But you said you are an American and your loyalty is with US, not Australia, I guess not China either, how come no profile flag shows where your loyalty lies? don't you think its strange yourself? and you might be the only case in this whole forum.

On the other hand, if you want to play dumb and pretend this issue has never discussed before here on PDF, t
It's been discussed but at least when discussing with me , you never disclosed where your loyalty lies, now it's your first time clearly stated it.

But you said you are an American and your loyalty is with US, not Australia, I guess not China either, how come no profile flag shows where your loyalty lies? don't you think its strange yourself? and you might be the only case in this whole forum.
Are you blind, I said "SOMETIME" I cheered for the US. And That's a personal choice, like why I cheer for Brisbane Bronco on AFL when I was living in Sydney, so am my loyalty not lies in Sydney, the City I live in? Why I was cheering for Amir Khan, a British Boxer for Light Wetherweight Boxing, when I have Australian, Chinese Hong Kong and American passport?

Which team you cheer for does not mean where you loyalty lies, that is the whole point I made in that reply to @mike2000 is back

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom