What's new

Chinese automakers interested to set up manufacturing plants in Pakistan

BHarwana

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Islamabad

A delegation of Chinese manufacturers and assemblers of automobiles including heavy duty trucks, engines, auto parts and tyres visited Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry and showed interest to set up auto manufacturing plants in Pakistan.
The delegation was representing about 500 auto companies of China including Jinan Zhongzhan International Trade Col. Ltd, Jinan Bonaite Trading Co. Ltd, Hebei Xinjiu Heavy Duty Machinery Makes Co. Ltd., Sinotruk, Shanghai Cheezmail E-Commerce Co Ltd., and others.
The delegation members said that they were representing 500 automobile companies of China that were producing EU standard vehicles and were interested to explore business opportunities for vehicles, engines and auto parts in Pakistan as it was a potential market for automobile sector.
They said initially they were interested in finding local partners for supply of automobiles and auto parts in Pakistan and on successful operation of business, they would try to set up auto manufacturing plants and bonded warehouses through joint ventures and investment in Pakistan. The delegation members said they also wanted to share their technical know-how and expertise with Pakistani manpower in this field. They also agreed to organize a seminar at ICCI to create awareness in the local business community about their auto products and prospects of business collaborations with them.
Speaking at the occasion, Sheikh Amir Waheed, President, Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry informed the Chinese entrepreneurs that heavy duty trucks and vehicles have huge scope in Pakistan as road freight transportation contributed over 90% of the goods transported by land. He said many industrial zones would be established in Pakistan under CPEC due to which demand for heavy duty trucks and loading vehicles would gain new momentum. He said it was the right time for Chinese automobile sector investors to set up vehicle and auto parts manufacturing plants in Pakistan through joint ventures.
He said a strong middle class was rising in Pakistan and Chinese investors should also focus on meeting its needs by producing less than 1000 cc cars in Pakistan. He stressed the need of developing strong business linkages between the auto sector SMEs of Pakistan and China as they have great potential for growth in Pakistan.
Muhammad Naveed Senior Vice President and Nisar Mirza Vice President ICCI also spoke at the occasion and assured that ICCI would facilitate the Chinese investors in connecting with right partners in Pakistan.

https://pakobserver.net/chinese-automakers-interested-set-manufacturing-plants-pakistan/

No need to kick them out rather make it competitive and make them run for the money, offer better products at competitive price or get bankrupt.
I am a simple person. I like clarity. China is pumping over $60 billion into Pak via CPEC. Pakistan strategic direction is with China. Therefore having Jap/Koreans [both being the biggest sucklings on the American tit] dominate the auto-sector amkes no sense. Give it to the Chinese as reward and in recognition of the broader strategic direction the country is taking.

I am a simple person. I like clarity. China is pumping over $60 billion into Pak via CPEC. Pakistan strategic direction is with China. Therefore having Jap/Koreans [both being the biggest sucklings on the American tit] dominate the auto-sector amkes no sense. Give it to the Chinese as reward and in recognition of the broader strategic direction the country is taking.
CPEC means cooperation which is mutually beneficial and not an instrument of surrender. Whatever the policies of Jap/Korean govts are, we need business. We should rather encourage the German automakers to enter our industry and provide quality products and provide cars for every market segment
  1. German cars for rich people who want luxury.
  2. Japan / Korean cars for quality conscious middle class & upper middle class
  3. Chinese cars as an economical alternative for the lower middle class.

Last edited:
We need to have korean and japanese products in the market to make sure chinese make quality products in pakistan. and that decision will be made by each consumer

Pakistan needs to kick out the Japanese/Koreans and give priorty to Chinese
You wouldn't be able to find way on blocked Pakistani roads on your next visit
Just like Chinese 70cc bikes, a hurricane of tin cars is on the way

Surrender would be if we gave pucca Pakistani "Mohammed Motors, Khan Auto" to the Chinese. I am saying hand over "Toyota, Kia, Honda". They are Japs/Koreans. What is so Pakistani about the latter?

We need to have korean and japanese products in the market to make sure chinese make quality products in pakistan. and that decision will be made by each consumer

Exactly. Whoever's products are able to attract the customers will succeed in the marketplace.

Last edited:
Why? Are we at war? I am merely saying give what Pak has given to Jap/Koreans to Chinese. A exchange. Not a surrender.
At end of the day these automakers are just companies and companies know one thing, 'Profits'. Having automakers from different countries will keep them on their toes and would avoid any monopolies or oligopolies to be formed. I am including the Pakistani companies involvement in the scenario as well.

By having all of them will create competition resulting in higher quality and cheaper prices so the consumer WINS! That is what we need to boost our economy.

At end of the day these automakers are just companies and companies know one thing, 'Profits'. Having automakers from different countries will keep them on their toes and would avoid any monopolies or oligopolies to be formed. I am including the Pakistani companies involvement in the scenario as well.

By having all of them will create competition resulting in higher quality and cheaper prices so the consumer WINS! That is what we need to boost our economy.
We should give China preferential treatment though.

We should also have some mechanism to get old cars recycled. So we can ease congestion from roads. And maybe even limit number of motorcycles.

Teach proper road safety and make humans out of crazed animals driving on streets.

And lower number of deaths in road accidents.

Back
Top Bottom