What's new

Chinese electromagnetic launcher (railgun, coilgun .etc) informational pool

dude, there is already a threat for this

@Makarena Thanks for your hint
Indeed and I may remind you that you already got a warning for deliberately posting and starting new threads several times when there are already existing ones.

@beijingwalker !!
So why again?? Laziness, stubbornness ... ignorance??
You are such a long-time member here YOU must know that ... so why?

Deino

Last edited:
Indeed and I may remind you that you already got a warning for deliberately posting and starting new threads several times when there are already existing ones.

@beijingwalker !!

Deino

Deino, sorry, but you quote the wrong guy :). I think you should remind Beijing Walker, not Makarena :) And please forgive me for quoting the Moderator Warning Post. I shouldn't do this. So I will put more restraint in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

@beijingwalker !!

Deino

Open a new thread on current development about an old topic will renew the interest and attract more readers, I think. I would suggest to relax your "no new thread rule" for 48-72 hours after new thread appears, then merge it with the existing one. You have constantly giving out warnings, and seem to be very bothered for this persistent "violation".

Last edited by a moderator:
Open a new thread on current development about an old topic will renew the interest and attract more readers, I think. I would suggest to relax your "no new thread rule" for 48-72 hours after new thread appears, then merge it with the existing one. You have constantly giving out warnings, and seem to be very bothered for this persistent "violation".

Well, that's his style, I don't think that it's bad.

Deino, sorry, but you quote the wrong guy :). I think you should remind Beijing Walker, not Makarena :) And please forgive me for quoting the Moderator Warning Post. I shouldn't do this. So I will put more restraint in the future.

Thanks for the note and sorry for being unclear. I surely did not warn Makarena.

To admit I don't know if this would help and if a general consensus is here among the members that would help "attract more readers", I will not stand in the way.

My point is that there are always the same members, who start a new one and IMO only since they want to rise their post- and rating-count. The EM-gun for example I think about 5 different threads were opened, sometimes two from the same poster only for quoting a slightly different "source". That's something it does not need to be.

The Doklam issue or the JF-17B and fifth generation projects are other prime examples.

Best,
Deino

Last edited:
Sure, if every mod follows the same rule, we would see the number of threads on PDF cut down by half. Just search for the threads with "India supercomputer" in the title.

But still, Deino's style help us to browse easily in this sub section. If you want to know everything about J-10, go there. If you want to know about J-11 or other Chinese Flanker, you don't have to search the sea of thread; you just only need to read everything in the J-11 threads. That help.

But I like your idea about 48 - 72 hours delay. It can be considered as "Today Front Page News". The Mod can just merge it after one or two days time. The problem is, it will increase Mod's work load in here, and it's a lot work load, if everyone create new thread for new news.

Sure, if every mod follows the same rule, we would see the number of threads on PDF cut down by half. Just search for the threads with "India supercomputer" in the title.
Dungeness is absolutely right.

All of the PDF members have moved to the China & Far East forum for discussions on current events.

Deino has been insanely strict about anyone opening a new thread.

This is NOT Sino-Defense Forum (SDF). That is why no one posts on SDF, except for a few diehards. SDF had the same ridiculous rule. SDF is basically a dead forum.

The purpose of a forum is to discuss current events.

People are not going to view old threads when they think there is no new information.

I used to post threads in the Chinese Defense sub-forum all the time.

After Deino kept removing my threads with NEW INFORMATION, I stopped visiting the Chinese Defense sub-forum.

I haven't posted a new thread in the Chinese Defense sub-forum for months.

I'm not coming back to the Chinese Defense sub-forum anytime soon.

All of the new information and FREEDOM to discuss is over in the China & Far East forum.

If PDF applied the same strict rule on new threads to the China & Far East forum then I will stop visiting PDF.

I stopped visiting SDF years ago, because they cared more about their rules than discussing geopolitics.

But still, Deino's style help us to browse easily in this sub section. If you want to know everything about J-10, go there. If you want to know about J-11 or other Chinese Flanker, you don't have to search the sea of thread; you just only need to read everything in the J-11 threads. That help.

But I like your idea about 48 - 72 hours delay. It can be considered as "Today Front Page News". The Mod can just merge it after one or two days time. The problem is, it will increase Mod's work load in here, and it's a lot work load, if everyone create new thread for new news.

Agree, it keeps PDF neat and easier to search for the information if every mod is sticking to the same rule, otherwise "New Posts and Threads" page, which I use everyday, will be filled with new threads like "LCA drops a bomb/missile/rocket" or "super-supercomputer by 2017/2020" etc.

I , for one, would be more much likely to click on "China sends 17th and 18th Navigation Satellites today" than search for news in "China Space programs updates" thread.

Dungeness is absolutely right.

All of the PDF members have moved to the China & Far East forum for discussions on current events.

Deino has been insanely strict about anyone opening a new thread.

This is NOT Sino-Defense Forum (SDF). That is why no one posts on SDF, except for a few diehards. SDF had the same ridiculous rule. SDF is basically a dead forum.

The purpose of a forum is to discuss current events.

People are not going to view old threads when they think there is no new information.

I used to post threads in the Chinese Defense sub-forum all the time.

After Deino kept removing my threads with NEW INFORMATION, I stopped visiting the Chinese Defense sub-forum.

I haven't posted a new thread in the Chinese Defense sub-forum for months.

I'm not coming back to the Chinese Defense sub-forum anytime soon.

All of the new information and FREEDOM to discuss is over in the China & Far East forum.

If PDF applied the same strict rule on new threads to the China & Far East forum then I will stop visiting PDF.

I stopped visiting SDF years ago, because they cared more about their rules than discussing geopolitics.

Then a simple solution might be to ask the webmaster or to start a discussion on that topic. If he agrees on your opinion I have no problem to follow the majority.... what I however don't like is that some are very sensible in anything that can be taken offensive or as an insult against their own opinion, while in return they are more than insulting and aggressive on their own against others. By my opinion most that have left did not leave due to my "strict holding the rules" but since they are no longer allowed to troll and insult others as they would like to.

Then a simple solution might be to ask the webmaster or to start a discussion on that topic. If he agrees on your opinion I have no problem to follow the majority.... what I however don't like is that some are very sensible in anything that can be taken offensive or as an insult against their own opinion, while in return they are more than insulting and aggressive on their own against others. By my opinion most that have left did not leave due to my "strict holding the rules" but since they are no longer allowed to troll and insult others as they would like to.
I'm saying that being super-strict is just as bad as no supervision.

It's a balance.

I'm saying you went too far.

I don't know where the balance is.

I posted a new thread in the Chinese Defense sub-forum about once every two weeks.

Common sense should tell you to leave my thread alone.

For those that post multiple threads without adding their own detailed analysis, there should be restrictions on PDF members that are basically spamming.

I'm saying you went too far.
I don't know where the balance is.

You are most likely correct, at least in a few cases and for that I apologize. But that's exactly the point... where is the balance?

I'm open for any reasonable recommendations or advice...

Best,
Deino

You are most likely correct, at least in a few cases and for that I apologize. But that's exactly the point... where is the balance?

Best,
Deino
I agree with Deino on closing Beijing Walker’s thread and moving it to this thread. There is absolutely no reason to dedicate a new thread to one single post .. especially if such a thread already exists.

Well, that's his style, I don't think that it's bad.
Opening up a completely new thread on a redundant subject is pointless ... it’s like someone dedicating an entire thread to an article on the J-20 when such a thread already exists

Best,
Deino

Maybe you should let Beijing Walker make a thread for himself, Like Cirr and Lieo and tell him to stick on to his 1 own thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom