What's new

Chinese football team will no long be weak in 10 years

kankan326

Reaction score
Country
China
China's U12 fooball match. Those kids are really good. Chinese foodball team is always joke material. But I can see bright future is coming.

What happened? I thought China sucks at football because China has a fair and universal compulsory education system?

Legendary copium quotes by @kankan326:

China sucks at football because China has a fair and universal public education system. Parents know betting on normal class education for their kids is the best choice with lowest career risk.

On the contary. It shows China is a fair and progressing society. If China has millions of people living in slums, it would have a much better football team.

By the way, Japan made progress in football after it adopted "happy education" mode.

Is China not going to progress in the next 10 years? Or that millions of people are going to live in slums in the next decade?

What happened? I thought China sucks at football because China has a fair and universal compulsory education system?

Legendary copium quotes by @kankan326:

Is China not going to progress in the next 10 years? Or that millions of people are going to live in slums in the next decade?
Several years ealier, China didn't pour much resources in youth football. Kids engaging in football is like risking their future careers. Normal education is safer choice. And the society offers every kid normal education. It's a backup for them. Unlike those kids from poor families in South American countries. Football is the only career choice for poor kids. They spend all time and energy on training football.

Now Chinese government offers more money in youth football. More companies and people are willing to spend more money on it(Google 中国足球小将). Engaging in football is less risky and more profitable for talent kids. Things changed.

Last edited:
Several years ealier, China didn't pour much resources in youth football. Kids engaging in football is like risking their future careers. Normal education is safer choice. And the society offers every kid normal education. It's a backup for them. Unlike those kids from poor families in South American countries. Football is the only career choice for poor kids. They spend all time and energy on training football.

Now Chinese government offers more money in youth football. More companies and people are willing to spend more money on it(Google 中国足球小将). Engaging in football is less risky and more profitable for talent kids. Things changed.

Why the sudden change of tone? That's not you said for South Korea and Japan. Your posts I quoted were made only few months ago.

Japan made progress in football after it adopted "happy education" mode.

China's U12 fooball match. Those kids are really good. Chinese foodball team is always joke material. But I can see bright future is coming.

Don't get your hopes up, they will suck after they grow up.

Why the sudden change of tone? That's not you said for South Korea and Japan. Your posts I quoted were made only few months ago.
I never changed tone. What I said is, whether kids want to spend their time(Long enough that they have to give up normal class time) on football training is the key reason for football level progress. If China was as poor as other developing countries, where kids playing in streets without education, the football level must be high. Now China has enough money to feed those talented, its football level can also be high. Same end but different paths. Understand?

When Japan was in economic boom, its football sucked too.

I remember when the Chinese government adopted the zero covid policy, Kankan326 wrote a long analysis praising it as the genius policy of the Chinese government. The strange thing is that after the Chinese government realized the mistake of the long-term lockdown and suddenly abolished the policy, kankan326 wrote that it was a genius calculation by the Chinese government. Everything is in their plan.

It is a fallacy that helps to win in any situation
No. I never said good words for abolishing zero covid policy too early. China lost at least 1 million lives for that. China should have waited for 6 months to open up.

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes up, they will suck after they grow up.
Not really. I've never seen kids played so well before. Chinese youth teams did have good performances in international matches before. But those are results of changing ages. It's self-cheating

I remember when the Chinese government adopted the zero covid policy, Kankan326 wrote a long analysis praising it as the genius policy of the Chinese government. The strange thing is that after the Chinese government realized the mistake of the long-term lockdown and suddenly abolished the policy, kankan326 wrote that it was a genius calculation by the Chinese government. Everything is in their plan.

It is a fallacy that helps to win in any situation

Top copium poster lol.

Massive copium inhaled by @kankan326 as always.

Covid lockdowns: "Giving up zero Covid policy is the easiest thing for a government. Chinese government choosing hard mode is another example of good governance."

Poor football performance: "Chinese sucks at football because China has a fair and universal compulsory education system. ... If China has millions of people living in slums, it would have a much better football team."

And many more I'm lazy to dig. He really reminds me of the story of Ah Q. All sorts of mental gymnastics exercised to rationalize any failure faced and turned it into a psychological triumph. Or what the Chinese say nowadays, 意淫.

View attachment 900034

He will sing a different tune if China's football is as great as their table tennis.

Top copium poster lol.
Watched a documentary about Sport Psychology from BBC some time ago (Don't remember the title) but it explain very well why some country (such as China) is bad at team sport (Basketball, football etc) and good at individual sport (like swimming, shooting and gymnastic etc) and some country like the US have more balanced approach between both. And some countries like Brazil, only ever good at a singular sport.

That guy say it is actually very close to how people in particular country was brought up. Team sport is not like individual sport, which only basically required skill, as you don't need to work with anyone, or have anyone to impede your progress, it's basically a skill match, whoever had the best skill will most likely win (luck notwithstanding) And skill can be acquired by following instruction, repetitive training, which is basically how people in China were brought up

Team sport, on the other hand, not just required strength and conditioning, because not all team sport are contact sport. But team sport require a sporting mind, a Sport IQ of some sort to be able to overcome your competitor. Since sport happened in real time, which mean that is how you adapt into a situation you may suddenly found either on an advantage or disadvantage end. Couple that with individual skill, now while skill is important, but this is not as important as how you deal with an interaction and team work, these condition is how people in the west brought up.

Until China can overcome this, they will continue to suck at team sport regardless of all 11 guy are all Chinese Captian Tsubasa

Watched a documentary about Sport Psychology from BBC some time ago (Don't remember the title) but it explain very well why some country (such as China) is bad at team sport (Basketball, football etc) and good at individual sport (like swimming, shooting and gymnastic etc) and some country like the US have more balanced approach between both. And some countries like Brazil, only ever good at a singular sport.

That guy say it is actually very close to how people in particular country was brought up. Team sport is not like individual sport, which only basically required skill, as you don't need to work with anyone, or have anyone to impede your progress, it's basically a skill match, whoever had the best skill will most likely win (luck notwithstanding) And skill can be acquired by following instruction, repetitive training, which is basically how people in China were brought up

Team sport, on the other hand, not just required strength and conditioning, because not all team sport are contact sport. But team sport require a sporting mind, a Sport IQ of some sort to be able to overcome your competitor. Since sport happened in real time, which mean that is how you adapt into a situation you may suddenly found either on an advantage or disadvantage end. Couple that with individual skill, now while skill is important, but this is not as important as how you deal with an interaction and team work, these condition is how people in the west brought up.

Until China can overcome this, they will continue to suck at team sport regardless of all 11 guy are all Chinese Captian Tsubasa
i thought communism was good for teamwork

Your analysis is too long.
you need to learn more or go to school more if you think 4 paragraphs and less than 100 words is too long. Not everything is like Tweeter that you can done with 144 characters.....

Also, that was a 45 minutes program, if I am shortened it to 4 paragraphs, it should be considered too short..

For the most part of the history, Over all Chinese team sports are still the best in in Asia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom