What's new

Chinese Foreign Affairs News & Discussions

What I find funny is...

It is the Indians most eager to have better relations with China, but it seems the Chinese are lackadaisical about bettering relations with India. The Indians are desperate for China to be their friend, they envy the strategic Sino-Pakistan defense and Geo-strategic relationship we have.

It is always the Indians posting articles about how Indian ties with China are improving, I hardly see any Chinese guys posting articles about bettering relations with India...

So I would like to read the Chinese input on what they think about India and relations with India...

Allow me to correct you,

Indians are eager to have better relations with everybody & China falls in that category. This desire for better relations is not out of appeasement or any similar motive. It is simply based on hard realities ( including those on the ground).

Having begun to see & feel the advantages of a stable economy with healthy foreign currency reserves it is felt that good relations are the correct way forward. We ( India & its neighbors) have tried every trick in the book - & outside it as well over the last 60 yrs to undo each other. Some tricks worked some didn't. What has worked across the spectrum is a healthy economy & strong fundamentals.

However, should things not work out as planned..alternatives exist.

China-India bilateral trade in 2008 :37 B USD
China-EU:400B
China-US:333B
China-Japan:304B
China-ASEAN:231B
China-Hongkong:203B
China-south korea :180B
China-taiwan:129B
China-Australia:60B
China-Russia:56B

so this relation is irrelevant ......for now.Future China India Relations?In my opinion,it's not gonna be better than right now......

And what makes you think that ? India-China BT is 50B in 2008-2009 till now, from 37B in 2007-2008 . It is expected to reach 100B in less than 5 yrs. Your wanting or not wanting isn't going to stop the good relations both countries are going to have.

Do you know how indian companies (govt and ptivate) are welcoming chinese companies in india ? this week itself contracts worth 5 Bn in total are finalized. see an example below:

Ericsson, Huawei Share USD6bn Contract from BSNL

Alcatel, Huawei get contract from Unitech Wireless - paper | Business News | Reuters

And what makes you think that ? India-China BT is 50B in 2008-2009 till now, from 37B in 2007-2008 . It is expected to reach 100B in less than 5 yrs. Your wanting or not wanting isn't going to stop the good relations both countries are going to have.

Do you know how indian companies (govt and ptivate) are welcoming chinese companies in india ? this week itself contracts worth 5 Bn in total are finalized. see an example below:

Ericsson, Huawei Share USD6bn Contract from BSNL

Alcatel, Huawei get contract from Unitech Wireless - paper | Business News | Reuters

your date's wrong,India-China BT droped more than 30% in the first season
and your government blocked a lot of chinese products this year.Rumor has it that it's the consequences of the close friendship between China and Pakistan,funny , not big deal, but as member of WTO,you should know the basic rule "what goes around,comes around"........

Last edited:
your date's wrong,India-China BT droped more than 30% in the first season
and your government blocked a lot of chinese products this year.Rumor has it that it's the consequences of the close friendship between China and Pakistan,funny , not big deal, but as member of WTO,you should know the basic rule "what goes around,comes around"........

no date is wrong. Wait for 2009-2010 consolidated figures next year.
ur claims are baseless and unreasonable and untrue.Lot of chinese products are blocked by 100 of countries. You know the reason why some products needs to be blocked at some point of time.
But u must also know that china is always on the higher side of exports to india then imports.

your relating india china trade somehow with pakistan china relations doesnt change anything.

China India trade will grow and will cross new milestones in future.Just keep watching.

ur claims are baseless and unreasonable and untrue.Lot of chinese products are blocked by 100 of countries. You know the reason why some products needs to be blocked at some point of time.
But u must also know that china is always on the higher side of exports to india then imports.

your relating india china trade somehow with pakistan china relations doesnt change anything.

China India trade will grow and will cross new milestones in future.Just keep watching.

as the country over 1B people,neither china nor india will become the import country .wake up ,idiot.we are talking about hundreds of millions of city jobs for the people living in the countryside , it's only way to improve their living standard to a high level,or we can just ignore them,of course,it's another option

:taz::tdown::chilli:

Last edited:
I think so but now the Relations is Complex :tsk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i am a "freshman" now:P

Thanks for being an optimist. No worries mate, it will be best in future.

We all support good relations between China-india. Complex indeed but not impossible. We are working on it.

Last edited:
as the country over 1B people,neither china nor india will become the import country .wake up ,idiot.we are talking about hundreds of millions of city jobs for the people living in the countryside , it's only way to improve their living standard to a high level,or we can just ignore them,of course,it's another option

you have no idea what u r talking abt. Do you? Or is it just that you like to kick some indian a** ? Whatever u r.

The comment to the heading of the thread is: yes, relations will be better and we want them to be better. We would not like to brood over the past coz one thing we are left is future. We can always make it better and we have the will.

you have no idea what u r talking abt. Do you? Or is it just that you like to kick some indian a** ? Whatever u r.

The comment to the heading of the thread is: yes, relations will be better and we want them to be better. We would not like to brood over the past coz one thing we are left is future. We can always make it better and we have the will.

sorry, did i accidentally break your tender heart again?maybe our government have the will to export more products to india,we don't have the problem helping more people out of countryside and giving them a better job in city,but most people in china really know nothing about india except your gov keep supporting some old **** and trying to divide china,so we really don't have the "will "to make our relationship better, i can insure you that

Last edited:
sorry, did i accidentally break your tender heart again?maybe our government have the will to export more products to india,we don't have the problem helping more people out of countryside and giving them a better job in city,but most people in china really know nothing about india except your gov keep supporting some old **** and trying to divide china,so we really don't have the "will "to make our relationship better, i can insure you that

You are right that your govt does not have any will to better the relationship. But you missed the geopolitical reasons. I see you are referring to Tibet conflict, which IMO, is a dead horse right now as far as Indo-Chinese relations are concerned.

sometimes,I really doubt if the democratic system is the right tool to deal with this issue.60 years had past.it seemed India keep using a small knife named "democratic system" cut a huge tree named "caste system" for 60 years,and merely cut off a small part of the tree.

Dear Sir,

You are quite right to say that it is a very small knife to cut such a big tree. It is in fact a foolish way.

As a young student, I read a story recommended by the Great Helmsman, called the Foolish Old Man and the Mountain.

You may like to take a look at that story once again.

Sincere regards,

'Joe S.'

India's democracy is that they have caste system: devide people into different class
by their name and career. such as Brahmin,Kshatriya,Vaishya,Sūdra
They can't marry each other in different caste.
I think it is just like in the slave system era.

Does it mean democracy ?

Dear Sir,

I have read again and again that Indians do not know enough about China, the Chinese and China's governing methods to be able to comment without making fools of themselves.

This is probably quite accurate.

I am an Indian Hindu married outside my caste; my wife is of a different, higher caste. My daughter is seeing a young Indian citizen of Chinese origin.

Sometimes I wonder how come there are no fools in China at all. You are to be congratulated; you have really organised yourselves very well.

Sincerely,

'Joe S.'

Government don't put any restriction on our mind, you must be get too many wrong
information and calumniation from the western media. in china you can talk any
thing( except against nation and CPC).

We admit these 30 years we just focus on development economic and ignore molding our core values. But i think that if citizen break away from the shadle of poority, they will began to pay attention on this.

in fact, recently lots of elits of china have appeal for it, and we believe that we will become better and better

Dear Sir,

Your post above and the one before this one.

I respectfully disagree.

It is important to build values side by side with prosperity. It will be difficult to explain to a rich man without values why values are needed, because without values, he will say that he is rich, so he needs nothing else, not values, not civic consciousness, not anything else. If on the other hand a man with values becomes rich, he is able to understand that money is not everything.

'It is glorious to be rich', but it is not glorious to be a rich enemy of the nation.

What you have suggested about a country needing education and a certain social and lifestyle improvement before bringing in democracy is a disastrous error. Democracy is not for the poor unemployed, the farmer, the worker, the middle class or the rich. It is for all. In theory, you may think that it will not work. In practice, it does, very powerfully. Since India has tried it, please come and see for yourself. It is not efficient, it is not quick, it is not always clean. But it builds great self-confidence and self-reliance in people. There is no iron rice-bowl.

Regards,

'Joe S.'

There goes the neighborhood

but it will make war in the region much less likely

Also if Chinese and Indian IT companies do launch joint ventures, mergers, subsidiaries or even FDI's that could actually change the global source of IT. It would be hard to compete, the product would be so inexpensive compared to its western rivals.

Pakistan in the meantime goes nowhere, doesn't it feel as if Pakistan's leaders have no game plan? No real feasible strategy? Pakistan effectively is more of an oligarchy than a democracy. Things need to change over here, we need a maverick leader to wake up the masses.

But if India is taking advantage of economic opportunities right across the border and thus are strengthened in that regard, should Pakistan look towards Iran?

Absolutely, If the relationship between India and China goes well, for example, they solve the Tibet issue, no matter which side compromises. There is going to be a cooler time for Pakistan and China relation. Pakistan then will suffer

Back
Top Bottom