What's new

Chinese jet in South China Sea nearly collided with US plane

Yes , even of that was true, what are you going to do about it? That's the Question. Lol

US has the capabilities, reach ,might and interests in spying on its adversaries like China. So if you believe that the US will stop doing this silply because you believe its not right then i can only wish you good luck. Lol The US will do what she feels is in her interests and that involves keeping tabs on China by all means necessary, including challenging your claims in SCS and avoiding making SCS a Chinese lake. If you are not happy about it then thats your problem. You can return the favour if you have the capabilities . That's up to you.
As i said before, you can't control what others do, you can only control what you do . 😁 So thats China's issue.
So, I see very real possible collisions and fightings betwween China and the US in the future close to Chinese coastlines as the Chinese has the every right to chase out American planes and navy ships in the area. Chinese are not trying to make SCS a Chinese lake, there are no problems with anyone navigating there ever, its just US making excuse.

Chinese snd Russians wont accept and allow the US trying to exercise its superpower on Chinese or Russian territory and domain. Exercise your superpower somewhere else.

Last edited:
Here come the reply by PLA spokeperson when asked about the incident.
Frankly, I am no longer surprised by how low the American can get these days.

The Chinese air force released its video documenting the close encounter between its J-11 fighter and the U.S. RC-135 over South China Sea. China says despite repeated warnings, the RC-135 suddenly changed its flight attitude and did a dangerous maneuver to the left of the J-11.

The Chinese air force said the dangerous maneuver seriously affected the flight safety of the J-11, seriously violated the Rules of Behavior for Safety of Air and Maritime Encounters between China and the U.S. and seriously violated relevant international laws and practices.

The Chinese air force released its video documenting the close encounter between its J-11 fighter and the U.S. RC-135 over South China Sea. China says despite repeated warnings, the RC-135 suddenly changed its flight attitude and did a dangerous maneuver to the left of the J-11.

The Chinese air force said the dangerous maneuver seriously affected the flight safety of the J-11, seriously violated the Rules of Behavior for Safety of Air and Maritime Encounters between China and the U.S. and seriously violated relevant international laws and practices.
Americans will twisted the facts and lie, its a nation build on lies.

So YOU, who never served, is saying that the current PLAAF pilot is a coward for not colliding with the American airplane for a repeat of the Hainan Incident.
wasn't that time it was EP-3 that while trying to move away from J-8 hit it ?

wasn't that time it was EP-3 that while trying to move away from J-8 hit it ?
Back in the Hainan Incident, the Chinese J-8 pilot was a known problem with previous encounters. Except this time, Wang Wei overestimated his skills and paid the ultimate price -- his life. There was no need for that tragedy. Absolutely none. Of course, the PDF Chinese brigade tried to make a good face out of it, but then, their lives were not at risk, so what do they care?

Anyway...

It would be ludicrous for the EP-3 to fly in any manner other than straight and level. I learned how to fly in high school so by the time I entered the USAF, I already had the basics down. Part of my youth learning how to fly was how dangerous it is for a smaller airplane to get next to a larger airplane. There are testimonies of air refuelers of how a C-5 would literally push the air refueler slightly tail up. That is how much of an air mass the C-5 pushes in its bow. There are vortexes all around any flying body of any size, and when these vortexes interact, the effects are no different than that of sound and EM signals -- constructive interference and destructive interference. Aerodynamicists have problems predicting these effects in the labs, so what make people think they can in the real world? Elite flyers in the Thunderbirds or the Red Arrows or Blue Angels are elite because they know how to fly their jets in close formation. The real skills are not in the maneuvers but in flying so close to each other, THEN, make those maneuvers.

Commander Wang Wei of the PLAAF screwed up, to be blunt about it. When he flew his J-8 so close to the EP-3, what else can I expect the other airplane to do? Of course, as I veers closer and closer, the other guy would move because he has to assume to worst -- collision. There was no need for Wang Wei to fly as he did, just as there is no need for the Chinese pilot to fly as he did in this latest incident. We were in INTERNATIONAL airspace then and now. Which part of INTERNATIONAL does the PDF Chinese brigade do not understand? Just fly straight and normal and eventually, the American airplane would leave.

That a RC-135, which is a 1960 airframe, 'suddenly changed attitude' and did a 'dangerous maneuver' around a J-11 sounds absurd. That is an elephant chased a dog story.

RC-135​

• Length: 136 ft 3 in (41.53 m)
  • Wingspan: 130 ft 10 in (39.88 m)
  • Height: 41 ft 8 in (12.70 m)
  • Empty weight: 124,000 lb (56,245 kg)
  • Gross weight: 297,000 lb (134,717 kg)
  • Max takeoff weight: 322,500 lb (146,284 kg)
  • Maximum speed: 504 kn (580 mph, 933 km/h)
  • Rate of climb: 4,900 ft/min (25 m/s)

J-11​

• Length: 21.9 m (71 ft 10 in)
  • Wingspan: 14.7 m (48 ft 3 in)
  • Height: 5.92 m (19 ft 5 in)
  • Empty weight: 16,380 kg (36,112 lb) [43]
  • Gross weight: 23,926 kg (52,748 lb)
  • Max takeoff weight: 33,000 kg (72,753 lb)
  • Maximum speed: Mach 2.35 (2,500 km/h, 1,553 mph) at altitude
  • Rate of climb: 300 m/s (59,000 ft/min)

Back in the Hainan Incident, the Chinese J-8 pilot was a known problem with previous encounters. Except this time, Wang Wei overestimated his skills and paid the ultimate price -- his life. There was no need for that tragedy. Absolutely none. Of course, the PDF Chinese brigade tried to make a good face out of it, but then, their lives were not at risk, so what do they care?

Anyway...

It would be ludicrous for the EP-3 to fly in any manner other than straight and level. I learned how to fly in high school so by the time I entered the USAF, I already had the basics down. Part of my youth learning how to fly was how dangerous it is for a smaller airplane to get next to a larger airplane. There are testimonies of air refuelers of how a C-5 would literally push the air refueler slightly tail up. That is how much of an air mass the C-5 pushes in its bow. There are vortexes all around any flying body of any size, and when these vortexes interact, the effects are no different than that of sound and EM signals -- constructive interference and destructive interference. Aerodynamicists have problems predicting these effects in the labs, so what make people think they can in the real world? Elite flyers in the Thunderbirds or the Red Arrows or Blue Angels are elite because they know how to fly their jets in close formation. The real skills are not in the maneuvers but in flying so close to each other, THEN, make those maneuvers.

Commander Wang Wei of the PLAAF screwed up, to be blunt about it. When he flew his J-8 so close to the EP-3, what else can I expect the other airplane to do? Of course, as I veers closer and closer, the other guy would move because he has to assume to worst -- collision. There was no need for Wang Wei to fly as he did, just as there is no need for the Chinese pilot to fly as he did in this latest incident. We were in INTERNATIONAL airspace then and now. Which part of INTERNATIONAL does the PDF Chinese brigade do not understand? Just fly straight and normal and eventually, the American airplane would leave.
what i heard about that incident is that the Chinese airplane increasingly and dangerously reduced the lateral distance with EP-3 and the bigger plane tried to keep the distance sadly for the smaller airplane at the time it was around the wing when EP-3 tried to move away and the wing come up and clipped the little bird.

honestly I can't understand Russian and Chinese pilots fascination with these dangerous type of interception , there are way less dangerous way of making an airplane change its trajectory, at least for yourself . and this maneuver only show you are reckless , its just like trying to use a small sail boat to make a Suezmax tanker change its course, by going as close as 1-2m of it , there is a certain accident waiting to happen and it will not show how skilled you are , it only show you are inexperienced

Back
Top Bottom