What's new

Chinese Music

Cultural blockade. Look at this video. Tradition Chinese music and its instrument--er hu.

What is the name of that instrument. It looks like violin and Indian instrument Sarangi. Its a TV show, such music is entirely missing in popular Chinese music albums, all of them are entirely Western music.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the name of that instrument. It looks like violin and Indian instrument Sarangi. Its a TV show, such music is entirely missing in popular Chinese music albums, all of them are entirely Western music.

It's name is er hu. Correct, now all the singer go for Western music, but only the shape of western music.

Now the fourth traditional music instrument. Dizi.

The 6th Chinese traditional music instrument. Xiao.

Those are pop music.

Traditional chinese are very much alive, chinese classical symphony

I know it but Chinese people don't like to listen to it, not experimented them with modern Chinese music.

How do you know chinese don't? Do you know the dif between pop music and classical music? Do western pop music integrate with classic instrument?

How do you know chinese don't? Do you know the dif between pop music and classical music? Do western pop music integrate with classic instrument?

I know it but traditional music and their instruments can be used in many popular music.

I know it but traditional music and their instruments can be used in many popular music.

It can be used, but it won't sound good or "cool" with the style of current pop music. You have no idea, musical notes of today's pop music doesn't go well with classical instrument. Americans and Europeans don't integrate classical stuff into pop either. Vanessa mae? Where is she now? Even the grammy's have separate category for each music.

It can be used, but it won't sound good or "cool" with the style of current pop music. You have no idea, musical notes of today's pop music doesn't go well with classical instrument. Americans and Europeans don't integrate classical stuff into pop either. Vanessa mae? Where is she now? Even the grammy's have separate category for each music.

I was calling it popular music, pop music is just one of them, you can use them with other kinds of music.

There is a tiny quality problem with the vid, but nonetheless, magnificent harmony, great music!

Same number by Catherine Myers -

The original score - Jay Chou

廖昌永 Liao Changyong
Baritone, multiple international awards winner

Back
Top Bottom