What's new

Chinese specific test- and research aircraft - some sort of X-planes ?

Deino

INT'L MOD
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The title already says it all, since I wonder why there were so few dedicated test-bed concepts by now - I remember the BW-6 FBW-testbed, the J-7FS with the chin intake ... ? - and if a program similar to the USAF/NASA led X-series would be a good idea to explore certain technologies ?

Any thoughts ?

Deino

What a genius reply !! :fie:

No in the meaning You don't know ?
No in the meaning You do, but You are not allowed to answer ?
No in the meaning You don't want to answer ?
No in the meaning You have no clue ?
No in the meaning You don't understand my question ???

Deino

yes no ok

Guys ... I don't know if You were smoking some strange stuff or if You had too much of special chemicals during the last days, but is this question so much funny ??

Of cause they have, but they dont have a center like NASA for this, under AVIC, besides factory like CAC and design insistutes 601th etc, there are also many bureau or school for this.

After the ongoing structure refom, there will be a very large organ under AVIC, called aero-tech school, which is formed from many large schools/bureau under AVIC, this school will be in charge of all the fundemntal research, basic science and aerodynamic studies both computing and experimental ones there, so this is the NASA of AVIC, and btw, J-20's cheif designer Yang Wei will be the vice director of this newly formed school under AVIC.

Of cause they have, but they dont have a center like NASA for this, under AVIC, besides factory like CAC and design insistutes 601th etc, there are also many bureau or school for this.

After the ongoing structure refom, there will be a very large organ under AVIC, called aero-tech school, which is formed from many large schools/bureau under AVIC, this school will be in charge of all the fundemntal research, basic science and aerodynamic studies both computing and experimental ones there, so this is the NASA of AVIC, and btw, J-20's cheif designer Yang Wei will be the vice director of this newly formed school under AVIC.

Thanks for Your reply and even if I understand that so far a different system to explore new technologies is installed and running, my point is simply the question if truly dedicated test aircraft or X-birds would not help even more:

Let's think about a J-10 with TVC-nozzle similar to the X-31, what about a FSW-type based on the FC-1/JF-17 ?? ... a dedicated VSTOL-type ???

Anyway here a collection of what I deem a true experimental bird so far:

1. JJ-6 BW-1 008 - FBW-testbed
JJ-6 BW-1 008 - FBW-testbed - 2.jpg

2. J-7FS demonstrator
J-7FS demonstrator.jpg

3. J-8I ACT
J-8I ACT.jpg

4. J-8B - ACT
J-8B - ACT rare - part.jpg

What else did I miss ??? Maybe the J-11WS

J-11WS testbed - WS-10 + AL-31F.jpg

Thanks for Your reply and even if I understand that so far a different system to explore new technologies is installed and running, my point is simply the question if truly dedicated test aircraft or X-birds would not help even more:

Let's think about a J-10 with TVC-nozzle similar to the X-31, what about a FSW-type based on the FC-1/JF-17 ?? ... a dedicated VSTOL-type ???

Anyway here a collection of what I deem a true experimental bird so far:

1. JJ-6 BW-1 008 - FBW-testbed
View attachment 370406

2. J-7FS demonstrator
View attachment 370407

3. J-8I ACT
View attachment 370408

4. J-8B - ACT
View attachment 370410

What else did I miss ??? Maybe the J-11WS

View attachment 370411

Well, of cause it will do, but the problem is, AVIC only get the kind of resource fairly recently (actually after since 2005 or so), so even if such proposals help, at that time AVIC cannot afford to do that.

Before 2005, the salary is so low such that AVIC has a hard time to keep their stuff from quit jobs to join private sector, let along running experitmenal projects.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom