What's new

Chinese UFO Video

Oct - 6 - 2010 - Air traffic controllers at the Hohhot Air Traffic Management Bureau spotted the object on their radar.

I think Its not a 6th Generation fighter because 5th Generation fighters are invisible to radars so how can they spot a 6th Generation fighter on radar...

Since they just leaked the flight test of unmanned shuttle few weeks ago, that's pretty much comes to my mind.

I've seen something similar while watching the space shuttle re-enter the atmosphere at dusk. It leaves behind a ghostly trail of glowing ionized gas very high in the atmosphere. While it looks like it's at airline altitude, in reality it's probably 50 miles up.

So there is some chance that this is the fabled Shenlong, which was confirmed, recently, to have flown a while back. However how come no satellite picked up the launch?

The thing obviously split into two stages during the video.

It's a rocket. Since low earth orbit rockets do not go at this low altitude, I'll assume it's a short range ballistic missile.

Physcist debunks similar Chinese UFO sighting a few month back mentioned rocket plums as a possibility and I think he might be right again

Geoffrey Forden • Hangzhou Light Show

An example of a rocket plume over Vandenberg AFB
2005-09-22-mammana-launch.jpg

A dusk rocket launch from Vandenberg AFB on September 22 created an impressive display that was seen across a wide area. Astronomy author and photographer Dennis Mammana took this image during the third stage burn. In addition to the third stage exhaust plume (left), the photo also shows the trail from the second stage (right) and the break in the trail from stage 2/3 separation. The Minotaur rocket successfully placed the Streak satellite into orbit for the Defense Department. Image used with permission.

That's a good example of the sun (at dusk) illuminating the rocket trail from below the horizon of the observer. While it looks like the sun has set, it is still shining on the upper atmosphere, and solid fuel exhaust (or re-entry gases) shine brightly.

Maybe it is a rocket.
Hohhot is a city in Inner Mongolia, And the CAC is in Chengdu, Sichuan.

Back
Top Bottom