What's new

Chittagong submerged - Heavy Rainfall 1 Reportedly killed

Indian water??

No matter what happens blame India and every problem of Bangladesh will be solved.

Being downstream, I think he means water that will flow south when the rainwater in the catchment areas North of BD i.e. the watershed of sikkim & N Bengal moves along its natural flow.

Thats when the banks start to swell and inundation spreads along the river banks.

I have a important question, how will India cope, as more and more of Bangladesh lands sink?

Will India let some in, or tell them to go away?

Death toll already close to 100.

I dont think BD needs any help as of now... But its extra ordinary to see that much of rain in Chittagong region. We recorded 226 mm rain in Chittagong City yesterday.

Indian water just started pouring in and we need to see how things evolve in the next few days. More rain is on its way as the weather department forecasted.

Yes may be Water also has joined RAW and has become Indian stooge.

Good luck with the waters.
I guess government should not waste our resources in helping almighty BD and we should take care of our own poor.
At best lets send the card of something thats it.

RIP

No, GOI Must Not Waste resources, there are many Indians who need help....
Let BD fix it!

Oh yes!. We can spend/commit millions to EU for their economic fall but shouldn't help a neighbor in distress out of calamity.

Thought -De- Brillianto.:disagree:

The hour of need is essentially food and medical supplies and i wish GoI dispatches ASAP to the needful.

Oh yes!. We can spend/commit millions to EU for their economic fall but shouldn't help a neighbor in distress out of calamity.

The hour of need is essentially food and medical supplies and i wish GoI dispatches ASAP to the needful.

We have to world's best disaster response system. I dont think we need any help as of now. But if vast areas inundate then we may need help but still a far cry.

We have to world's best disaster response system. I dont think we need any help as of now. But if vast areas inundate then we may need help but still a far cry.

See sparky they dont need it..

But in fact they can send us some help for our Assam region... we do need help being the third world economically failing econmy destined to doom with gazwa tul hind

Rest in peace..........

Very bad situation, may god help all the people in distress.

Indian government should help its friend Bangladesh in times of need. (yes officially Bangladesh and Indian goverment are at good terms with each other.)

We spend/commit money to EU not for charity but for our own financial stability. With all the countries' economies intertwined together, if one falls it affects other. If you have been following recent news, there are dozens of fine articles that explain why stable economic EU is important to us.

@Topic
We should extend our helping hand. Provide them food packets and medicines.

These things are damn common in bangladesh. Anyway these rain is signalling the end of summer and arrival of the rainy season. Its called "kaal boishakhi" (bengali members know what it means). Reports like these are gonna flood the newspapers for the next two months beacuse its the rainy season.

The years of experience from previous flood made us more knowldeable in handling these situations and if help is needed we will ask for it :)

The death toll is maily because of landslides and chittagong is hilly area. And deforestation is going on rampant in BD with people
cutting hills to take soil and develop urban areas. Gov caders are directly involved in this illegal business. Its a man-made
disaster. And our sewage system is the worst in S.asia i think. A few mm of rain clogs most roads in Dhaka. All in all, unplanned
urbanization of Chittagong and dhaka is the cause of this disaster.

Grim news, RIP.

Shows just how vulnerable Bangladesh is to climatic changes.

Its not the climate change its the climate of Bangladesh.

The other day one TV guy was talking that how climate has changed as we did not have floods like 1988 anymore in almost 2 decades. LOL

Back
Top Bottom