What's new

Chuck Yeager tweets about PAF of 1971

Desperate to show some kills, IAF pilots didn't bother to discriminate between civilian and military targets. They are known to have strafed passenger trains and bombed hospitals. Here when the attacked Islamabad cyivil airport, they not only destroyed General Yeager's private plane but also hit a UN aircraft.
He's in an ideal position to comment on the thrashing PAF inflicted on the IAF, since he shipped to US for analysis wrecks of several dozen IAF aircraft, which were shot down over West Pakistan alone, add to that, those shot down over Eastern sector and those over India, which obviously couldn't be salvaged, and you have a clear picture of how hard the Indian Butts were kicked in the air.
Ya every **** should be proud of 1971 DEC 16. And 90k pow. And what did your air force did to save your nation . is it not duty of paf save your nation . having so much might and losing more than half the territory. Shame on you

Ya every **** should be proud of 1971 DEC 16. And 90k pow. And what did your air force did to save your nation . is it not duty of paf save your nation . having so much might and losing more than half the territory. Shame on you
Listen dot head, can it not get into your thick skull that we are not discussing the war but the air battles.
As for PAF, it only had a single squadron of F-86 in East, facing Ten IAF units, three of them equipped with MiG-21s and still PAF managed to maintain a kill ratio in it's favour. You got that.

Listen dot head, can it not get into your thick skull that we are not discussing the war but the air battles.
As for PAF, it only had a single squadron of F-86 in East, facing Ten IAF units, three of them equipped with MiG-21s and still PAF managed to maintain a kill ratio in it's favour. You got that.

only Pakistanis wud believe this fairytale. Pakistani military is the perhaps only one in the world which kicks azz by losing every war it fights:D

Mostly outdated aircraft were positioned in the East. When a squadron flies in formation it can take on a much larger formation. And the IAF attacked only in piecemeal in the East - 4 planes at a time in many cases. The Squadron could have done wonders in many cases. Even Pak infantry was heavily outnumbered in the East, yet they fought or at least tried to.
PAF squardon consisted of sabres. Many problems were there including shortage of pilots and manpower and lack of MOU's. PAF had to fly CAP'S to counter the radar and mou deficiency as well. IAF even operated Mig 21's in the East which were by no means old. Single runway and single squardon which was under powered could not do wonders but still they fought hard.

only Pakistanis wud believe this fairytale. Pakistani military is the perhaps only one in the world which kicks azz by losing every war it fights:D
Ask your generals about this fairy tale as they themselves write the same thing in their books.

I'm totally comfortable with losing an air battle as long as I win the war!

Think of this like boxing...
Pakistan got more shots on point, but India delivered the knock out punch!!

I think I can live with that..what say Indians?!

Sadly I don't think they make a burnol equivalent for a knockout...

So you admit getting your behinds handed back to you by PAF in 71? Good, you've reached the acceptance stage.

ps: The example is more of a man who was half dead fighting his own illness and then was attacked by a boxer from behind. But baaahhh.....that's going off topic.

International source like your bum-chum, Chuck Yeager?:omghaha:

Dine and wine them and what do you get? A thumping chit from these yahoos that the PAF is unquestionably the best of the best in the world!! :sarcastic:...who could put even the Martian Air Force to shame!! :lol:

Examples such as I gave in my post just a few posts above your's and quoted you in. But you know what I said about having balls....

I have never questioned Pak Army's bravery. Manekshaw speaks about the Pak Army, not the PAF. The soldiers on the ground fought to the last. The air force did not.

In the East the airforce fought with a single squadron against ten of the Indians. They kept fighting until their runway was damaged, they repaired it until it was destroyed beyond repair. On the western side it never came to being even close to detrimental for the Pakistanis. What are you talking about?

Mostly outdated aircraft were positioned in the East. When a squadron flies in formation it can take on a much larger formation. And the IAF attacked only in piecemeal in the East - 4 planes at a time in many cases. The Squadron could have done wonders in many cases. Even Pak infantry was heavily outnumbered in the East, yet they fought or at least tried to.

Lol, you never fly a whole squadron at the same time, especially not when that whole squadron is all that you have. If you fly them all at the same time then you'll gave the enemy hours of doing what ever they want right above your head as soon as you land. There is a thing called turn-around time for aircraft.

And like everybody else, except Indians that is. Anyway, since obviously you don't have the decency of going through the thread before posting, I'll just quote my post from before so you can't miss it.

@Abingdonboy @nForce @ashoka87 @OrionHunter @indiatester @Guynextdoor2 @PlanetWarrior @tsinga @SarthakGanguly @manojb @Urbanized Greyhound @Srinivas @GR!FF!N @Green Buck @The Great One @Syama Ayas @ASEN @Windjammer

Uhm!..... Dear Indian friends, best be making out the back door because every neutral account in the world gives PAF the crown Vs the IAF during 1971. Now can you find me a single neutral source which claims that the IAF had even close to a better record in 1971? Or are you guys just gonna ignore this post and keep on with your deranged posts? C'mon, I've tagged every Indian in this thread, lets see if you guys have any balls (figure of speech, we already know the answer). But then I bet all these neutral sources also have something to hate India for, like some bad Indian food they had or they don't like Russell Peters comedy.

From Globalsecurity, Pakistan Air Force Combat Experience

The one below is from one of your own's research. PAF kills versis IAF kills

And another source for the details of the confirmed and undisputed kills on both sides in 1971,

Pakistani kills: Air Aces Homepage
Indian kills: Air Aces Homepage

The next one is brilliant because not only is it by an independent source but the reporter actually went to the PAF bases after the war and tallied the Indian claims versus the PAF inventory. Guess what he found? He also tells of at least 10 losses admitted by the Indian Defence Ministry, by type, but not claimed by the PAF. He then goes onto the IAF admitting a loss of 42 pilots which is an impossibly low recovery rate when compared to their claimed losses. And then he just goes on and on and on about how the Indians tried to save face by fabricating unbelievable lies. Best you read it.

scan0021-2-1.jpg

scan0001-6.jpg
scan0002-5.jpg
3.jpg
4-1.jpg
5-2.jpg
6-4.jpg

After you have read the above independent accounts/reports about who utterly annihilated whose arse, it would be wise for the Indian brigade to go through the following link too,
Burnol The Original Burns Cream 0.35 OZ

Not promising that it will help.

Now let's see, last time this fairy tale happened was in 2002, we waited for a whole year for snow white (Benefit of Fair'n lovely) to show up but sadly after a thousand Disney characters got killed, the drama queens called for a pack up........ BTW, even according to Indian MOD, most aerial combat took place over India......PAF must have been scared of IAF attacking it's bases so it decided to take the war to India. :D

UOTE="Windjammer, post: 7155052, member: 21078"]Now let's see, last time this fairy tale happened was in 2002, we waited for a whole year for snow white (Benefit of Fair'n lovely) to show up but sadly after a thousand Disney characters got killed, the drama queens called for a pack up........ BTW, even according to Indian MOD, most aerial combat took place over India......PAF must have been scared of IAF attacking it's bases so it decided to take the war to India. :D[/QUOTE]
Why 1999 not to mention kargil . a nation which doesn't take back body's of its soldiers. You shamelessly defend your army .. My foot

PAF squardon consisted of sabres. Many problems were there including shortage of pilots and manpower and lack of MOU's. PAF had to fly CAP'S to counter the radar and mou deficiency as well. IAF even operated Mig 21's in the East which were by no means old. Single runway and single squardon which was under powered could not do wonders but still they fought hard.

Ask your generals about this fairy tale as they themselves write the same thing in their books.
The Eastern squadron hardly took off! This is in your records. Even though the Mil.Airbase was bombed, the civilian airport was not. And it was more than adequate. One reason was that the Eastern Bengali pilots were 'removed' and ground staff were also removed. It was an ad hoc unit by then. But still complete absence was defeatism and nothing else. Brigadiers complained that lone Indian recon planes flew sorties over their heads just to keep the air raid alerts on(its irritating). Imagine!!!

The Eastern squadron hardly took off! This is in your records. Even though the Mil.Airbase was bombed, the civilian airport was not. And it was more than adequate. One reason was that the Eastern Bengali pilots were 'removed' and ground staff were also removed. It was an ad hoc unit by then. But still complete absence was defeatism and nothing else. Brigadiers complained that lone Indian recon planes flew sorties over their heads just to keep the air raid alerts on(its irritating). Imagine!!!
In our records , we know that it did not provide ground support because it could not do that while defending itself against IAF which had radar coverage while PAF had lots of other problems at its hands. As for your hardly took off claim, it's air to air kills are enough to dispute your claim.

You coward .. First learn to listen . not bark like a mad dog ... If you though situation was favoring India why did you go for pre emptive strike.. Did you didn't went to war .. In your egoistic logic Martial race... Finally we dismembered east Pakistan .

Listen brave internet warrior, first grow a brain to to comprehend the psyche of the subject before frothing from your mouth.

we don
Now let's see, last time this fairy tale happened was in 2002, we waited for a whole year for snow white (Benefit of Fair'n lovely) to show up but sadly after a thousand Disney characters got killed, the drama queens called for a pack up........ BTW, even according to Indian MOD, most aerial combat took place over India......PAF must have been scared of IAF attacking it's bases so it decided to take the war to India. :D

Another fairytale coming from a delusional pPakistani, in 2002 the operation was called off because our military was not able to mobilise within 72 hours, but the Pakistani generals who were quaking in their boots saw this as an opportunity to fill Pakistani brains with imaginary victories tales again and display false bravado. the truth is not a single shot was fired from either side. but I don't blame you, your agencies feed you horseshit which you vomit here:D

Yeagar is a liar and known to twist truths. I fully expect Pakistani members to jump in and claim "ah he is the greatest fighter pilot to ever live, how can you say that?" :lol: All while brushing aside other pilots that contradict old fart Yeager.

I love the stories of him jumping in helicopters and tracking down like 17 Indian aircraft that were shot down....amazing and it took like 12 years to find the F-18 that was downed during the golf war out in the middle of the desert. Countless other aircraft have taken weeks, or years to find and Yeager claimed he hoped in helicopters and tracked down all those Indian aircraft....amazing. Yes, famous people lie especially to glorify themselves or their agendas, it happens all the time, Yeager is not an exception, many of his stories reek of BS.

Pilots have reputations of inflating their own kills or outright lying about it, this means they lie about other things to. Many pilots claim many things, i just don't get why Pakistanis hang off of Yeager's you know what as if he is a god.

Last edited:
we don

Another fairytale coming from a delusional pPakistani, in 2002 the operation was called off because our military was not able to mobilise within 72 hours, but the Pakistani generals who were quaking in their boots saw this as an opportunity to fill Pakistani brains with imaginary victories tales again and display false bravado. the truth is not a single shot was fired from either side. but I don't blame you, your agencies feed you horseshit which you vomit here:D
Not a single shot fired and still you lost 1800 men. A win -win for Pakistan.

Listen up enlightened Indian with a fake ID , if your military couldn't mobilise within 72 hours, what were they doing pussyfooting for a whole year, did you practice shoe shine to conclude how the Generals were feeling. Indian army initiated the deployment and then turned back unilaterally after loosing close to a thousand men in accidents and artillery exchanges. Since you are well accustomed to digesting gobbar, so i don't expect you take this down well.

There are several conflicting explanations given for why India finally pulled back. Some observers have argued that the threat actually worked, for India did not see high level of terrorism again until 2008. Others argue that India having failed to scare Pakistan, gave up rather than go to a possibly nuclear war. In late 2002, BJP Government was politically weak, due to several internal factors. Operation Parakram was costing the government Rs. 3 crore a day, which it had to finance by raising taxes by 4%. Combined with the American threat of economic punishment, the standoff had grown unpopular among the business community. There are still major gaps in our knowledge of what transpired in those heady days of June and why India turned away from a war it was committed to start. The new details will only emerge years from now, when the documents from this period are declassified.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom