What's new

Clueless on China

Let me ask you: can you buy anything, any "real technology" with it? Heck, you can't even buy 20% of some 4th grade American oil company with your so-called "People's Trillion" ... let's say America will sell a piece to you just as they allegedly "sell 10%" to the ruling Saudis, and the "Chinese people" consequently own a piece of America? Please insert your favourite laughing emoticon. Well we know for a fact that the "Chinese people" can't redeem the IOUs, but surely that hasn't stopped the "connected" from quietly turning the "electronic assets" into real assets in L.A. ...

So maybe they own a piece of America after all. Saudi "people", Chinese "people", Russian "people", and African "people" all toghether share the pride of 49% permanent, nominal, minority ownership of America, happy?

Indian "people" of course own the Swiss Banks according to some news source ...

Of course if a foreign company manages to buy over a whole company say Lockheed the technology can be transferred to the parent company. In addition a foreign company usually buys controlling shares in an mining company (be it oil or steel) just means influencing the company to ship the finish products to the parent country. Its up the the government to block such purchases for their own interest.

In regards to investing of US assets this is simply having market confidence and preserving your dollar value, the above rationale is the same as you buying your house and putting your confidence in the government to protect your title deed and asset and not holding on to currency (inflation).

Look, on a side note, I personally doubt you are even from the mainland despite the flags you wear. It's inconceivable that any mainland cyber warriors (in any stripe/persuasion/colour) would call the A-bombs over Japan "genocide" as you did in some other thread. I will not elaborate on this further ...

This is just silly assumption, its like saying every Chinese should run around like Bruce Lee and fly across buildings.

No I don't have a "Wall Street" degree. But I have passing knowledge on how opioids work ...

Ain't that obvious

This is just silly assumption, its like saying every Chinese should run around like Bruce Lee and fly across buildings.

Ain't that obvious

You are right, my friend.

Stereotypes are boring, clearly not all Chinese people have a problem with Japanese people. My best friend when I was growing up in Hong Kong was actually half-Japanese as well and we got along really well. :cheers:

The younger generation of Chinese people enjoy watching Japanese films, playing Japanese video games, buying Japanese TV sets/computers, and buying Japanese gadgets too. This fact is quite obvious for anyone who has actually visited China.

Last edited:
In regards to investing of US assets this is simply having market confidence and preserving your dollar value, the above rationale is the same as you buying your house and putting your confidence in the government to protect your title deed and asset and not holding on to currency (inflation).

That might work for Singapore, an enclave nation not unlike the UAE, whose national "value" is directly tied to the quantity and quality of foreign assets it holds.

But the second part of your statement cuts to the meat of the matter. Why should the PRC "buy" useless assets in the US to enrich the top 0.1% of those CCP and affiliated elite, while the rest toil to get the IOUs to enable them to do that?

Perhaps China can buy all that sub-prime stuff in Chicago and elsewhere ... in all likelihood has already got a load of them on the books. Of course, PRC really would like to buy them wings - the kind from Lockheed Martin. Uh no ... but the fried variety from KFC you are welcome ... :partay:

How can this arrangement not corrupt?

And more importantly, by putting massive "faith" in the US government - buying American bonds/real estates do exactly that, how can the PRC claim not to be another one of Uncle's "b!@tch"? And then lie bald-faced to people that the PRC has an "independent foreign policy" ...

Bottom line: 3 trillion in IOUs is not better than 2 trillion, or 1. Or is it Mikey?

At some stage, it may be better and more honest to barter with "partner" states ... just my personal opinion anyway.

What's a silly assumption, Mikey? Care to elaborate?

Ain't that obvious

Heello, a little sarcastic dig at the expense of your fellow lumpen-proletariat? Is that how they teach you to "conduct yourself" in shee-shee pooh-pooh Singapore, making fun of the "less fortunate"? :D

O wait, could it be that you got that shiny, golden "wall street degree", Mikey? You are da man then!

Now please teach me Mr. PhD. You see, I only took economics 100 back many moons ago as a "bird course". And admittedly I saw little need to go to class, especially in the second semester after I secured the package of old exams and notes from the Pakistanis a year my senior ...

so you are right on: I ain't know nothin' 'bout printin' no monies ...

Please enlighten, Mikey! How many zeros to the unpayable unredeemable "in Yankee we trust" IOUs are enough? BTW, periodically the Indians would like to remind the world that they invented Zero ... but look who are the real lover of big fat zeros these days ...

Remember Mikey, I am only here to learn.

:cheers:

Is that how they teach you to "conduct yourself" in shee-shee pooh-pooh Singapore, making fun of the "less fortunate"? :D

O wait, could it be that you got that shiny, golden "wall street degree", Mikey? You are da man then!

Now please teach me Mr. PhD. You see, I only took economics 100 back many moons ago as a "bird course". And admittedly I saw little need to go to class, especially in the second semester after I secured the package of old exams and notes from the Pakistanis a year my senior ...

You brought up this dead thread, just for the sole purpose of "insulting" other forum members?

How ridiculous.

You brought up this dead thtead, just for the sole purpose of "insulting" other forum members?

How ridiculous.

So what if I like being "ridiculous"?

Just because it's summer recess and pupils like you get to run amok 24/7, doesn't mean I adhere to the same schedule. I am here periodically and I will take up threads where it was left off periodically and sometimes sporadically.

Who are you to decide whether a thread is dead or not? Why don't you petition the mod to lock it?

Shoot the message, amigo.

You brought up this dead thread, just for the sole purpose of "insulting" other forum members?

How ridiculous.

海洋has too much time on his hands to spread his ego, his "presumed" self-superiority. Likewise, ignore him and this game would get boring for him also, and eventually will cause to him to quit.

@Fishguy, a thread is announced "dead" after long periods of inactivity. So for the average thread, constant activity happens during each minute-each day. This thread has been left inactive for ~6 days, you reackon it's still active, before you partook in the discussion again?

In the interest of wrapping this up this is my last post on this thread.

That might work for Singapore, an enclave nation not unlike the UAE, whose national "value" is directly tied to the quantity and quality of foreign assets it holds.

But the second part of your statement cuts to the meat of the matter. Why should the PRC "buy" useless assets in the US to enrich the top 0.1% of those CCP and affiliated elite, while the rest toil to get the IOUs to enable them to do that?

Perhaps China can buy all that sub-prime stuff in Chicago and elsewhere ... in all likelihood has already got a load of them on the books. Of course, PRC really would like to buy them wings - the kind from Lockheed Martin. Uh no ... but the fried variety from KFC you are welcome ... :partay:

How can this arrangement not corrupt?

And more importantly, by putting massive "faith" in the US government - buying American bonds/real estates do exactly that, how can the PRC claim not to be another one of Uncle's "b!@tch"? And then lie bald-faced to people that the PRC has an "independent foreign policy" ...

Bottom line: 3 trillion in IOUs is not better than 2 trillion, or 1. Or is it Mikey?

At some stage, it may be better and more honest to barter with "partner" states ... just my personal opinion anyway.

Yes you are absolutely correct, all the trillions of dollars China has put in the US economy is a total write off, how silly of them. Also their politicians lie and are corrupted and only do so to benefit themselves lord help us all.

What's a silly assumption, Mikey? Care to elaborate?

Read the previous post lets not waste each others time, other forum readers got the drift and I am sure you will too :coffee:

Heello, a little sarcastic dig at the expense of your fellow lumpen-proletariat? Is that how they teach you to "conduct yourself" in shee-shee pooh-pooh Singapore, making fun of the "less fortunate"? :D

Please enlighten, Mikey! How many zeros to the unpayable unredeemable "in Yankee we trust" IOUs are enough? BTW, periodically the Indians would like to remind the world that they invented Zero ... but look who are the real lover of big fat zeros these days ...

Remember Mikey, I am only here to learn.

First you admit that you don't have a Wall Street Degree which I support and now this essay braying about something that goes around in circles? Don't get it, if you need more assistance in economics I suggest you try your local college centres.

Anyway the world worlds the way it is, after the economic crisis which US is still trying to resolve China from the looks of it (In Shanghai where I am anyway) all things are running pretty well. If you think China's buying of the trillions of dollars in US debt is a bad call for them well so be it. Reality speaks for itself and I am sure other forum members here agree with me on that.

Enjoy :lazy:

It is true that India does not understand China completely. There is a clear lack of communication gap from both sides. Just recently both nations have started to fill this gap. Let's see what is the ourcome.

India knows very well about China-Pakistan friendship. But to say India does not understand meaning of friendship is just illogical. India has its own friends. Anyways offtopic.

As for topic, I do not agree with the article. Brahma Challaney is a strategist who is known for hawkish approach. Situation is not that bad either. Both nations know the raste of economic fruit and are least interested in any adventure. For now, China is ahead of India. India is trying to catch up. Result is not known except one thins. Both will improve.
As for topic, I do not agree with the article. Brahma Challaney is a strategist who is known for hawkish approach. Situation is not that bad either.

Blaming Brahma Chellaney for being Hawkish doesn't make the problem go away. He might be a bit too frank but what he speaks of is true. Perhaps you should pay bordering cities a visit to see for yourself.

India's policy makers are still stuck on that stupid Panchsheel rather than being practical. And then we CPI(M) menace to deal with who're nothign a but a listening post for our neighbour in our territory. It sounds absurd but you can see it all around if you conduct a little bit of research. And then we have pacifist 'intellectuals' who want to gain cheap publicity like Arundhati Roy who'd fast to death for PLA against Indian Army.

If this is the rate, how are we going to face Chinese who're now fully integrated as one powerful machine, quelling all internal rebellion, developing infrastructure and becoming stronger.

There are videos of American economists recommending people to " learn Chinese"; How many of them recommend them to "learn Hindi"? None because despite we having the capability, we don't know how to handle the position of a global power because of such menace-makers as above in our society.

First you admit that you don't have a Wall Street Degree which I support and now this essay braying about something that goes around in circles? Don't get it, if you need more assistance in economics I suggest you try your local college centres.

Anyway the world worlds the way it is, after the economic crisis which US is still trying to resolve China from the looks of it (In Shanghai where I am anyway) all things are running pretty well. If you think China's buying of the trillions of dollars in US debt is a bad call for them well so be it. Reality speaks for itself and I am sure other forum members here agree with me on that.

Enjoy :lazy:

Mikey, Mikey, let's not get touchy. I apologize if you feel that I somehow belittled a degree in high finance. It ain't so my friend. You see the current rule of thumb is that if someone "misbehaves", it must the fault of his childhood ...

In my case, you must blame Shanghai, and not me.

I congratulate and salute you for your outstanding achievement in acquiring the education to help yourself and help others.

And what nobler purpose is there than to use your knowledge to shine a light out of darkness for the masses without understanding?

As a card-carrying member of this ignorant mass, I shall not say no to the torch. Now I did ask my local librarian whether the answer to making stuff for IOUs is to make more stuff for more IOUs ...

But she won't return my call.

So I am dialing some help here online ... and you are not going to shine a light in my darkness? Confucius says: teach ... and not mock ...

You see I grew up in the crummy old Shanghai listening to stories about how a great great aunt on my father's side toiled for nothing for some hyper-inflated Weimar Marks and my maternal grandfather handed over real gold for 金圆券 ...

My question is simple: making stuff for unredeemable IOUs ... is that a necessity or is that an advantage? If it's the former, i.e., this business of accumulating fool's gold is the only game in town to "industrialize", all that distortion, delusion and dependency be damned, then at least the people get to be in "sober judgment of themselves", and not be defrauded into thinking that someone died and made them boss.

But if you argue that this arrangement is an "advantage" because it has enabled our long-suffering "Chinese people" to partake in GWB's dream of "Ownership Society" ... and they have thereby joined the ranks of Saudi Royals to own "49%" of Amrika with a permanent minority non-voting stake, then that's a different take on things.

Who knows ... one man's fraud is another's bargain - of a life-time. I am open-minded. As I said again and again - I am here to learn. :cheers:

So bargain or fraud? How about a little teaching, Mike?

Just when we were all getting along so well, Chinese, Indians, etc... then you come along and revive the thread and restart the argument.

Well done?

What happened before, was that you were so eager for America to NOT pay back the debts they owe to us, not just in Government bonds but also in terms of our currency reserves.

That would end up hurting "ordinary Chinese people" who have nothing to do with this political argument, which I think is pretty sad.

Also, by refusing to pay their debts or "defaulting", the credit rating of the USA will be hurt just like what happened to Greece when it was in danger of defaulting. That would end up hurting "ordinary American people" who also have nothing to do with this political argument.

Maybe it was just your grasp of Economics that was the problem, but I'll clarify where I stand on other points.

- I believe Taiwan should be able to choose whatever it wants.
- I believe Tibet should have more autonomy and freedom.
- I believe that peace is better than war, and I don't want to see any innocent people getting hurt regardless of whether they are Chinese, American, Indian, etc.

China is doing well now, why on Earth would we rock the boat? It doesn't make any sense at all for us to start a conflict when our Economy is doing so well, we're not going to take any chances by potentially hurting our economic growth.

you are representative of a new wave of weak thinking in chinese affairs.

taiwan is a part of china occupied by US backed terrorists.
tibet has all the freedom it needs.
i agree that peace is better than war but if it was a choice between slavery and war, i'd take war every time. your beloved western thinkers said "give me liberty or give me death" right? prepare for war so you can have peace, otherwise the americans and jap anese would walk all over us.

there is no need to apologize or rationalize to anyone what we do. we have no obligation to explain or make excuses. our government does what it does because it has to, and what foreigner has the right to argue against that? typical western attitude. can't think outside the box and obsessed with "balanced". always forgetting that balanced is not always neutral and objective.

in terms of finance, if the bonds were dumped tomorrow we'd be hurt more but this is because we do not have enough domestic consumption capabilities nor can we scare off a US nuclear first strike when it gets backed into the corner. once we build 5000 thermonuclear missiles so the US will never dare first strike and build up our economy, we can then sell the bonds, appreciate our currency, hopefully collapsing the dollar and creating hyperinflation that would trigger a coup and the overthrow of the US government. USA 1781-2020 hopefully.

Well, I suspects..this thread is going to be discussed untill Indians will find a Clue..
The thread has been derailed a lot..:rofl:
A humble request to Mods..
Plz..

Luggage-lock-locks-with-10-000-5750849.jpg

it.
Thank you!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom