What's new

COAS Gen Bajwa intends to cut army strength of 5,38,000 substantially over next 5 years

That is a sniper rifle which has not been adopted by us.
Na na... The machine gun....
1649347431446.jpg

@PanzerKiel
Sir why are there multiple organisations / with regard to para military forces like Rangers, FC etc on land and Coast Guards and Pakistan Maritime Agency on Sea?

Can we not merge multiple Para military forces, preforming almost the same funtions, into a unified National Guard type Command and save money?

They are commanded by serving officers of the armed forces , so it shouldn't be difficult / impossible to convince decision makers ?

If you think about it, the US air force alone can destroy the entire Indian military combined. So a giant army isn't always the only answer. However we do not have the US air force, nor do we have any advanced technology. So why would you cut down the army's size? First try upgrading a divison or two and see how it goes.

In my opinion, they are rather behind us. It's just that our modernizing hasn't been publicized yet. Especially in optics.
I have seen Army infantry guys with Type 56 and some trijicon sight mounted on may be 2x or 3x at best and carrying LSR sniper rifle in the same squad. They were rehearsing in their area of responsibility. Asked a bit about their equipment. But haven't seen our Army operating ACOG optics that much if any. I am talking about Army not some SSG SF. And I would also like to stress upon to update the education level of our NCOs. They lack in science, tech and language skills a bit. Seems like still living in the 90s. Nowadays NCOs should also be some sort of tech geeks too

Plz enlighten us a bit more about the gear if I misinterpreted or don't know about standard issue and to what extent they are being distributed in the military

Last edited:
When i look at the pictures like in a group photo where indian and Pakistani soldiers standing side by side and Indian troops carrying US SIG Sauer Rifles mounted with some decent optics fully kitted with NVGs or perhaps even thermal and our troops carrying type 56 without even a picatinny rail on it. Its really disheartening to look at those pictures. A bit frustrating too. I know it's not the complete representation of all the military but still it hurts to look at.

Last edited:
Which one is that? I thought there is only one version, based on tripod once operated on ground.
Ukranians employ those HMGs with their special short bipod or something like that I couldn't remember. Integrated a pistol grip to it. I have seen them using thatHMG modified to be equipped with optical sight and could be fired from prone position and it's effective weapon in the war against Russians. Hope you would have seen that too

Tripod stand one is really tall can't be concealed and most probably used from within a bunker.

This one👇👇

👇👇

At 6:55

The HMG in question is deployed for area defence like military outposts due to its larger calibre (12.7), weight and general design. Lmg is deployed at a squad level examples would be the PKM or an M249. Currently, Pakistan uses the Mg3 at the squad level but I would still like to see lighter variants being adopted like the Israeli Negev which coincidentally India has acquired for LOC deployment.

Also, the Mg3's rate of fire and its length plus weight are too cumbersome for vertical firing position, it's naturally used whilst prone.

When i look at the pictures like in a group photo where indian and Pakistani soldiers standing side by side and Indian troops carrying US SIG Sauer Rifles mounted with some decent optics fully kitted with NVGs or perhaps even thermal and our troops carrying type 56 without even a picatinny rail on it. Its really disheartening to look at those pictures. A bit frustrating too. I know it's not the complete representation of all the military but still it hurts to look at.
I agree. but, don't quote me on this the Indian army 'to my understanding at least' focuses more of their funds on troops deployed inside the Kashmir valley and Loc they are the first in line to be equipped with the best of what the Indian army can provide.

On the other hand, again don't quote me on this the Pakistan army does an overall modernisation of its forces which is why 'according to my theory' we see a slower rate of equipment being handed to troops in hot zones such LOC, Balochistan, and FATA. Again I might be wrong and the issue could be related to budget 'which I don't believe frankly'.

Ukranians employ those HMGs with their special short bipod or something like that I couldn't remember. Integrated a pistol grip to it. I have seen them using thatHMG modified to be equipped with optical sight and could be fired from prone position and it's effective weapon in the war against Russians. Hope you would have seen that too

Tripod stand one is really tall can't be concealed and most probably used from within a bunker.
The ones that are used by Ukrainians are Lmgs called the PKM. The one POF produces is an HMG basically licensed version of a Dshk from Russia but this one is a Chinese version of the Russian Dshk. Kind of confusing.

Last edited:
The HMG in question is deployed for area defence like military outposts due to its larger calibre (12.7), weight and general design. Lmg is deployed at a squad level examples would be the PKM or an M249. Currently, Pakistan uses the Mg3 at the squad level but I would still like to see lighter variants being adopted like the Israeli Negev which coincidentally India has acquired for LOC deployment.

Also, the Mg3's rate of fire and its length plus weight are too cumbersome for vertical firing position, it's naturally used whilst prone.
As Salman Ali says, the weight of 98 kg was reduced to 30 kg, so this makes it portable to be carried for offensive purpose also, especially in mountains.I wanted to know from @PanzerKiel how this has enhanced our punch.

As Salman Ali says, the weight of 98 kg was reduced to 30 kg, so this makes it portable to be carried for offensive purposes also, especially in mountains. I wanted to know from @PanzerKiel how this has enhanced our punch.
I mean it was used in Mountains before POF weight reduction it has been in use for a long time, especially for area defence. It was also used in Kargil for some light AA roles as well.

It is broken down into sub-assemblies for easy conveyance. Like for mountain use.

Its benefits are can be used in multiple scenarios such as against low flying helicopters, and UAVs, and has good range due to its large calibre, Can engage small bunkers, outposts at range.

Last edited:
if bajwa have to follow USA then we no need any army just keep 300-400 for parade and let all other go home .

The ones that are used by Ukrainians are Lmgs called the PKM. The one POF produces is an HMG basically licensed version of a Dshk of Russia but this one is a Chinese version of the Russian Dshk. Kind of confusing
I know the difference between LMG and HMGs. Ukrainianians have shoulder fired Dshk, in prone position with scope mounting option too.

For example:

Back
Top Bottom