What's new

Colombo Port Set To Enter Top 10 Busiest Ports in the World!

"China Bay Air Force Base" belongs to SLAF.
"China Bay Naval Base" belongs to SLNavy.

US was interested long time ago, I don't know still they're interested about it.

Srilanka.....
Read some interesting articles about this country....
With LTTE almost wiped out... the economic growth and all....
Its good to hear srilanka is doing good....
U(lanka) has an advantage...the geographic location of ur country...
Just play ur cards well with India, Pakistan and China....
But i dont know how BD comes into the equation...no offence..:)

SLAF China Bay (IATA: TRR, ICAO: VCCT) is a Sri Lanka Air Force base located at China Bay, Trincomalee. The airbase is situated close to the coast and has a long runway which is believed to be able to handle most modern aircraft. Established by the British as RAF China Bay in the 1920s, the base was attacked by the Japanese during World War II.

SLAF China Bay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep, China Bay Air Force base is one of our major base we have.

K8_SJT1808.jpg

It many times feel to me our smaller neighbors wants more India China rivalry than China and India themselves want. :lol: :lol: :lol: Fanboys talk about rivalry and China-India talking about $100 Billion trade and billions of dollar of investment and peaceful talks.

"China Bay Air Force Base" belongs to SLAF.
"China Bay Naval Base" belongs to SLNavy.

US was interested long time ago, I don't know still they're interested about it.

As far as facts goes, it was the same interest from US of A that created LTTE.

Prove me wrong.

And they says history repeats itself.

Sri Lanka is not foolish to provoke India to the point that it invites a hard spanking.

And believe me forget about china no body can save you if you dare.

The Sinhalese are our seed. They trace their origin to our Buddhist Prince Vijaya who was forced out of the land by the Hindu king who had began ethnic cleansing of the Buddhists. We feel very close to SL. FYI, their war hero and a great soldier Gen Sarath Fonseka is a graduate of our Staff College. It is said he has been targeted mainly because he has been wary of Indian bully.

some really screwed out history you have...lmao...

Genetic_Admixture.PNG

Yep, China Bay Air Force base is one of our major base we have.

K8_SJT1808.jpg

we should sign a military pact with sri lanka and base f-16 in sl aggainst India

what say friend...we have same motive...to attack India

I have no idea, what's the state of bengali people living in India?

we should sign a military pact with sri lanka and base f-16 in sl aggainst India

That motive of urs have taken you to this level you wanna go further down??? :pop:

Request this to USA .. cause all ground staff of your new f16s belong is US of A

Part of the Colombo Port should be leased to the Chinese navy, it will make a good naval base.

China already in Colombo port

Sri Lanka entered in to a BOT agreement with China Merchants Holdings (International) Co., Ltd, a listed flagship company of China Merchants Group on 12th August 2011.

The total investment in the project is expected to exceed US$ 500 million and is Sri Lanka’s single largest private-sector foreign investment project. The terminal comprises a total quay length of 1,200 m and a depot land area of 58 hectares, with water depth of 18m. The project is expected to take two phases, with Phase I to be ready for operation by early 2013.

Pursuant to the BOT Agreement, China International Container Terminal (CICT), the operating company, is a joint venture established between China Merchants Holdings International, Aitken Spence Plc and Sri Lanka Ports Authority for the design, construction and management of the Colombo South Terminal. China Merchant holds 55% of CICT while Aitken Spence Plc holds 30% and SLPA, 15%.

Dr. Priyath Bandu Wickrama, Chairman of Sri Lanka Ports Authority and Dr. Fu Yu Ning, Chairman of China Merchants Group were signatories to the agreement which took place in Shenzhen. Representing the two countries, China’s Ambassador to Sri Lanka Mme. Yang Xiu Ping and Sri Lanka’s Ambassador to China Mr. Ranjith Uyangoda witnessed the signing of the agreement. Representatives from Sri Lanka Port Authority, China Development Bank, China Export & Credit Insurance Corporation and China Harbor Engineering Company Ltd., were also present at the signing ceremony.

The signing ceremony was organized on the sidelines of the visit to China by President Mahinda Rajapaksa from 9th to 12th August 2011.

- Sri Lanka enters agreement with China Merchants Holdings for Colombo SouthContainer Terminal upgrade

Back
Top Bottom