What's new

Common Girl names in Hindu and Muslim(Pakistan only)

some india women have names like , padmani or padma .... as a child ( and to quite and extent even now ) I've found these names to be very humourous

I guess many names are common in both India and Pakistan as well as in iran/middle east eyc

ayesha, sonia, anila, reshma, neelam, hina, malika, rabia, samiya, sameera, noor etc

Even the names of some Weekdays used in Urdu have Sanskrit roots - Mangal, Budh, Sanichar and Itwaar.
what is sanichar?

You are wrong. Samir is a purely Arabic name. That is not to say Persians and other Muslims don't use this name but its root is Arabic. Also it has Sanskrit roots. Here is a link for you:

Samir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its not purely a Arabic name. There has been many cultural exchanges between different civilizations in the Middle East.

I guess many names are common in both India and Pakistan as well as in iran/middle east eyc

ayesha, sonia, anila, reshma, neelam, hina, malika, rabia, samiya, sameera, noor etc

what is sanichar?
Another Urdu word for Saturday. Comes from Sanskrit Shanivaar-the day of Shani, a cosmic God and the embodiment of Saturn.

Haftah is the more common word in Pakistan I guess.

I cannot comment on Hindu names, but Christians in Pakistan use a lot of Muslim names.

Another Urdu word for Saturday. Comes from Sanskrit Shanivaar-the day of Shani, a cosmic God and the embodiment of Saturn.

Haftah is the more common word in Pakistan I guess.
yea haftah is the word we sue in Urdu for sat

Is Ulfat a very common name?
Ulfat is Persian word mean having love/dedication

i

These are not 'hindu' name .. these are names which has certain meaning in punjabi/urdu ..
similarly 'muslim' names in south asia are actually arabic or persian names.
Arab christians have arabic names..

some hindus who convert to christianity change their first name to western names.. like michael chopra and some dont.

what am trying to say is religion does not own language.

that means you cant have any muslim give a hindu name due to hinduism being probably the oldest religion in practice in todays world having millions of divine figures practically every hindu name is someway or the other related to hindu mythological figures.
No i said if the meaning is good it may be given to a Muslim child. However, we cannot call a muslim girl Lakshmi, which is a hindu goddess. We can name a child Bhagwandas since it has the same meaning as that of Abdullah.

Divisions of religion start from the name itself ,,If name is confuses,,surname shall confirm it.,,,,so the quote "whats in the name" doesnt go well here...coz "everything is in the name".Hmmm,,,:coffee:

I know a Hindu girl whose name is Manjula. She used to be my class fellow.

Back
Top Bottom