What's new

Competing with India!

Maybe someone is competing with India. :(
No we don't need to compete with india, we are just securing our borders. And bro don't worry about our economy we growing with around 4% economically which will increase drastically after when we are done with terrorists.
And India houses about 20% of ALL people on the planet. Your point?
Exactly! India is a home for 20% of worlds poor ppls

Well it's good to see that indias poverty rate is abating.
The thing is that you guys deems that the sole reason behind declination of our economy is the increasing defence budget. But you guys don't even bother to shed lights on how we have been fighting against terrorists. It's been a decade since we have been engaged in this deadly war against these terrorists, this war has shattered our economy other wise we would have been at far better position as we are right now. Even after engaging in this bloody war we are still improving economically. Our economic growth rate is nearly around 4.1% , I think.
The main concerning thing for us is not the growing defence budget rather its corruption and terrorism which is eating us from within.

And that is precisely why this article, and scores of others, are pointing out that Pakistan should worry more about its internal security than "external security" as the article calls it. Trying to achieve military or geopolitical parity with India is not in Pakistan's interest at the moment. Crushing terrorism within your society is.

So you agree with the article, as you should.

Exactly! India is a home for 20% of worlds poor ppls
Don't you get it? India is home to 20% of ALL people, and also home to 20% of all POOR people. That is not very surprising, is it?

An advisor to CM Sindh, His Holiness Qaim Ali Shah is advising us how to run state affairs! What can you say about this advisor on economic development in whose province children die of hunger in Thar. Dear Indian members, please refer to the performance of this man before you agree with his point of view just because it resonates with yours.

LOL. So its fine with you that "our" ISI supports Afghan Taliban terrorists but not Indian Raw supporting TTP or BLA terrorists? Hypocrites, are we? :D

I still own a Pakistani nationality as well :-)

I will rated you for Pakistani Nationality only ok, not for the first part so don't take it wrong.

How come Afghan Taliban are terrorizing Indians? That gives them the reason to support TTP and BLA? Mistaken are we?

increase drastically after when we are done with terrorists.
Best wishes. :tup:

They started buying VCPs and VCRs and then used those to watch movies like "Mard", "Agni Pat", "Shenshah" etc :enjoy:
See. It worked. :enjoy: I always thought our movies in the 80s sked big time. I was born towards the absolute end - thank God. Even the early 90s movies were also bad. :( I mean very bad. I mean, so bad that Sanjay Dutt, Govinda etc should have been tried for treason. Now I know, it was deliberate. :D

Crappy article from liberal or whoever that is:

The original text

Pakistan has to realise that world affairs are not carried out according to the figments of imagination of the country’s officially-sponsored intelligentsia. The nations of the world are engaged in serious relationships based on trade and security. No world leader will visit Pakistan if there is nothing substantial to talk about. No one has the time to add a day to their route merely to pander to Islamabad’s pretensions about parity with India.

Pakistan will have to accept hard facts and introspect the actual situation. And the fact is that Pakistan has little weight in the international arena, politically and economically. Politically, it is viewed as a nuisance at best and a threat to international security at worst. Economically, it is considered a basket case and a seemingly eternal candidate for bailouts. And it has little international sympathy for its claims of terrorism victimhood, as it is viewed as being bitten by the snakes it has itself bred in its backyard.

Pakistan can never compete with India in terms of its size, population and national income. If Pakistan’s per capita income is twice that of India and the poverty rate is half, a resultantly strong purchasing power will create a proportionately larger market size and the world will take the country seriously and treat it with respect. Pakistan’s balance of payments — sans foreign aid — will also have to generate the surpluses to be able to assist smaller neighbours like Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the Maldives. These are achievable objectives if the necessary political will is mobilised.

When tweaked and replaced looks wonderful and true.

Pakistan knows that world affairs are carried out according to the figments of imagination of the country’s officially-sponsored intelligentsia. The nations of the world are engaged in serious relationships based on nukes and cricket. Every world leader will visit Pakistan even if there is nothing substantial to talk about. Everybody has the time to add a day to their route merely to pander to Islamabad’s pretensions about parity with India.

Pakistan wont accept hard facts and introspect the actual situation. And the fact is that Pakistan has HUGE weight in the international arena, politically and economically. Politically, it is viewed as a blessing at best and a strength to international security at worst. Economically, it is considered a gold mine and a seemingly eternal candidate for prosperity. And HUGE international sympathy for its claims of terrorism victimhood, as it is viewed as authority of the snakes it has itself bred in its backyard.

Pakistan can always compete with India in terms of its size, population and national income. If Pakistan’s per capita income is half that of India and the poverty rate is double, a resultantly strong purchasing power will create a proportionately larger market size and the world will take the country seriously and treat it with respect like theya rea already doing. Pakistan’s balance of payments —dont need to generate the surpluses to be able to assist smaller neighbours like Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the Maldives. These are already achieved objectives that doesnt need political will to be mobilised.
You have been Sarthakified. :D

See. It worked. :enjoy: I always thought our movies in the 80s sked big time. I was born towards the absolute end - thank God. Even the early 90s movies were also bad. :( I mean very bad. I mean, so bad that Sanjay Dutt, Govinda etc should have been tried for treason. Now I know, it was deliberate. :D

:raise::raise: Mithun, Jackie Sharof, Anil Kapoor, Sunny Deol, Jatindra, and and Rajni Kanth. And Shakti Kapoor was the ultimate villain in those times.

Dabishkio dabishkio ........... awwww it was fun watching those movies on rented VCP's :D

Mithun, Jackie Sharof, Anil Kapoor, Sunny Deol, Jatindra, and and Rajni Kanth. And Shakti Kapoor was the ultimate villain in those times.
You had to humiliate us didn't you? :tsk:

Remember the absolutely pathetic dance moves? And the hairstyles? I mean pretty much everything was so yuck. :bad:

There were some exceptions. But that pretty much can be used to define the word - Exception. :(

No, but Afghanistan has its own intelligence agency called KHAD that has links with BLA:
KHAD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also ISI supporting Jihadis in Kashmir tempt Indian RAW to support TTP in Pakistan.

KGB started the BLA insurgency. And before Afghan Taliban we were facing two hostile fronts, one never accepted us since our birth and the other one had the idea of Akhand Baharat all along.

Then India should not complain after Mukti Bahini, BLA and TTP. It is reciprocal treatment.

You had to humiliate us didn't you? :tsk:

No you crazy there were some very good movies back then as compared today's full of item numbers only. "Qiyamat say Qiyamat Tak", "Ram Lakhan", "Hero" and others yar cheer up.

Remember the absolutely pathetic dance moves? And the hairstyles? I mean pretty much everything was so yuck.
:bad:

Dance moves were more of a PT (physical training exercises) and except for Mithun and Govinda heroes won't move a foot. Imagine Sunny Deol dancing then :lol:

leftist markxist sickular liberal:mad:

hardly... what marxist will envy this supposed "rise of india"??

---------
@Norwegian

india rose on the back of services/info.tech industry for about 15+ years and it is now failed... pakistan should look at russia as economic/cultural model and syria/libyan jamahiriya as political model.

i see two great hopes for pakistan for the next five years... musharraf and fatima bhutto.

Can you ensure us that india won't invade Pakistan as it did back in 1971? And by the way do you think taliban will be defeated if we solely put our consideration into our economy
In 1971 was your army killing terrorists in BD?

The refugees were pouring into WB and other NE states of India. India could not feed them and hence had to take a decision to end the conflict going on near its borders.

And that is precisely why this article, and scores of others, are pointing out that Pakistan should worry more about its internal security than "external security" as the article calls it. Trying to achieve military or geopolitical parity with India is not in Pakistan's interest at the moment. Crushing terrorism within your society is.

So you agree with the article, as you should.
Look mate we are not interested in india at a moment, we are just securing our national interest. So our recent visit to China or newly build up ties with Russia is not for geopolitical parity, it's solely of our own interest. And by saying that we should cut off from whole world inorder to eradicate terrorists, is also not the wise thing to say its sheer stupidity.

We have purchased helicopters from Russia for our own need and to tackle terrorists from our NW sides of Pakistan, it's not because of some sort of military competition or something.

Don't you get it? India is home to 20% of ALL people, and also home to 20% of all POOR people. That is not very surprising, is it?
You should check this one out.
(Map of world poverty by country, showing percentage of population living on less than $2 per day in 2008, according to the World Bank.)
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom