What's new

Complete lack of respect for leaders in Pakistan

bhangra12345

Reaction score
A malaise - a symptom or a disease itself.

I have been observing this phenomenon since say 2-3 years visiting different Pakistani forums. If a Pakistani is for a leader, then he will be completely for him. Every other leader will be a BASTAR.D. The use of language used against them is particularly to put in the mildest way possible, "repulsive" to a somewhat neutral observer.

The "respect" given to the former primeministers, NS, BB or ZAB of Pakistan who were elected with huge majorities by the people of Pakistan themselves and the words used against them need not be reiterated. I saw people calling a former governor of a state, a chief minister of a state, a federal minister and a leading member of national assembly just 10 years ago(bhugti)- a terrorist without a blink of the eye.

No leader apart from Jinnah claims respect from across the strata.

I now am understanding why Mushy has been able to get away with the complete thumbing down of democracy? The first thing a democracy requires is to accept that there could be difference of opinion and different ideas and Pakistan has refused to acknowledge the same.

A malaise - a symptom or a disease itself.

I have been observing this phenomenon since say 2-3 years visiting different Pakistani forums. If a Pakistani is for a leader, then he will be completely for him. Every other leader will be a BASTAR.D. The use of language used against them is particularly to put in the mildest way possible, "repulsive" to a somewhat neutral observer.

The "respect" given to the former primeministers, NS, BB or ZAB of Pakistan who were elected with huge majorities by the people of Pakistan themselves and the words used against them need not be reiterated. I saw people calling a former governor of a state, a chief minister of a state, a federal minister and a leading member of national assembly just 10 years ago(bhugti)- a terrorist without a blink of the eye.

No leader apart from Jinnah claims respect from across the strata.

I now am understanding why Mushy has been able to get away with the complete thumbing down of democracy? The first thing a democracy requires is to accept that there could be difference of opinion and different ideas and Pakistan has refused to acknowledge the same.
Respects for your observations!

That is all true, and understandable. However, some politicians have abused the power. I have no problem with any past President of Pakistan except for two. Nawaz and Bhutto.

That is all true, and understandable. However, some politicians have abused the power. I have no problem with any past President of Pakistan except for two. Nawaz and Bhutto.

You probably did not get my point. On second thoughts, actually this is an example of exactly, what I was saying.

You might hate NS and BB, but remember they were your PMs, they weilded the status of being the person in the highest seat possible and damn it, they derived their authority from the people themselves. They might have abused it, but I think one has to respect a person who has been to those posts and who earned it through the will of public. This singular lack of respect, to those bastar.ds , is what I was referring to.

It's however not politicians who are abused its the issues they stand up for and for the one's they don't.

You probably did not get my point. On second thoughts, actually this is an example of exactly, what I was saying.

You might hate NS and BB, but remember they were your PMs, they weilded the status of being the person in the highest seat possible and damn it, they derived their authority from the people themselves. They might have abused it, but I think one has to respect a person who has been to those posts and who earned it through the will of public. This singular lack of respect, to those bastar.ds , is what I was referring to.

I don't see why they deserve to be respected at all.

On the other hand, I do see your point about people refusing to speak ill of the current leader, Musharraf.

Perhaps it indicates a deeper sense of betrayal among the Pakistanis, who refuse to acknowledge the notion that the current leader might be a tyrant, because it is too horrible to accept and leaves them with nothing else to fall back upon.

I don't see why they deserve to be respected at all.

On the other hand, I do see your point about people refusing to speak ill of the current leader, Musharraf.

Perhaps it indicates a deeper sense of betrayal among the Pakistanis, who refuse to acknowledge the notion that the current leader might be a tyrant, because it is too horrible to accept and leaves them with nothing else to fall back upon.

I am not talking of any particular leader, period.

All I gave were simply examples which support my observation of lack of respect. No xyz vs yzx please, in this thread.

Dude.. one doesn't have to respect one for the sake of respect. Ever heard "Respect Is Earned Not Given".

It's however not politicians who are abused its the issues they stand up for and for the one's they don't.

Like i said.. I have problem with Bhutto and Nawaz for looting Pakistan not because of their stand. Their stand is always have been the stand of the majority in Pakistan.

I am not talking of any particular leader, period.

All I gave were simply examples which support my observation of lack of respect. No xyz vs yzx please, in this thread.

I am not comparing leaders. simply commenting that the current one is certainly no saint, and the fact that Pakistanis refuse to speak ill of him lies in their idea that he is their only hope, and it is beyond contemplation that he might betray them.

Nonsense......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom