What's new

Concepts / Ideas for the Pakistan Navy

Zaevan, In case of SK, their main foes are right next door within short reach ( 1000KM ) major centers of ( NK or Japan. ) SK AIP subs could easly stay within it's on Maritime Zone protected by Ships along with Fighter cover. For PN, the Subs will need to go out as far as Bay of Bengal which will be hard for a AIP subs to do undetected. SK will not pick a fight with PLA or the Ruskies unless attacked and that point they are covered under US Nuclear / Conventional Umbrella.

PN will ( does ) require fleet of SSN, VLS system with SLCM and or SR-SLBM. Even a under 1KM SLBM can achieve desired results that you seek.

PS: Launch of BM is akin to attack via nukes whereas CM will most likely be considered conventional in most cases.

Zaevan, In case of SK, their main foes are right next door within short reach ( 1000KM ) major centers of ( NK or Japan. ) SK AIP subs could easly stay within it's on Maritime Zone protected by Ships along with Fighter cover. For PN, the Subs will need to go out as far as Bay of Bengal which will be hard for a AIP subs to do undetected. SK will not pick a fight with PLA or the Ruskies unless attacked and that point they are covered under US Nuclear / Conventional Umbrella.

PN will ( does ) require fleet of SSN, VLS system with SLCM and or SR-SLBM. Even a under 1KM SLBM can achieve desired results that you seek.

PS: Launch of BM is akin to attack via nukes whereas CM will most likely be considered conventional in most cases.
Well there has been rumors about a nuclear submarine being developed in Karachi. I don't if they are talking about a SSBN or SSN?...

Could Pakistan lease a SSN from China? And buy a couple once our economy can afford it? No other country in the world would be willing to share nuclear tech with Pakistan.

fighter jets ready to fly near a enemy SLBM launch, if it provocates a sonic boom near the SLBM spike in the take off, it can fck up the missile.

220px-Aerospike_detail.png

The closest thing I know to this was what a former acquaintance of mine (who was working for university on behalf of D@**A, or that’s what he told me) talked about. Something like the following.

Probably just another cancelled program by now.

That looks good but what if babur MIRV cruise missile with 2000KM range could do the same. The missile uses AI, satellite, imaging, scanning etc to go deep in to the ocean for threats, and then come back to the mother ship. I can see this concept being implemented in the future.

Drone concept in the video is also good.

Too late, DARPA got a hold of your idea and made it :p:

It looks amazing, you could operate them from the shores of Pakistan and send them on everyday mission to the ocean, if you witness a threat then 💥. Imagine having 1000 of them coming at enemy ships, they can patrol 24 7, MIRV technology can be added so multiple attacks can be done, they can target planes, ships, tanks, bases.

Last edited:
It looks amazing, you could operate them from the shores of Pakistan and send them on everyday mission to the ocean, if you witness a threat then 💥. Imagine having 1000 of them coming at enemy ships, they can patrol 24 7, MIRV technology can be added so multiple attacks can be done, they can target planes, ships, tanks, bases.
MIRV? It’s not about a 1000 of these, but the right number and combination of different platforms to perform the mission quickly and with the right impact, to win a fight decisively.

A lot is possible, if we manage our finances.

That looks good but what if babur MIRV cruise missile with 2000KM range could do the same. The missile uses AI, satellite, imaging, scanning etc to go deep in to the ocean for threats, and then come back to the mother ship. I can see this concept being implemented in the future.

Drone concept in the video is also good.
The issue of launching from a sub and being able to recover it. Design trade off in terms of range versus other capabilities need for closer in operations have to be taken into account when deciding the right design.

Pakistan Navy faces Newer Stiffer Maritime AA / AD Challenges :

FyQaqb9agAAzJfF

FyPZK4WWIAIY7FS

FyQr2N3aQAAR37P

Last edited:
Pakistan Navy faces Newer Stiffer Maritime AA / AD Challenges :

FyQaqb9agAAzJfF

FyPZK4WWIAIY7FS

FyQr2N3aQAAR37P
With this exercise, IN has come off age and posing serious dominance in the region

I suggested long time ago surface/air/ship/submarine launched fire and forget autonomous hunter killer torpedoes that patrol the seas once fired to track and sink enemy ships . The Russians since then have created autonomous doomsday Nuclear torpedoes to flood coastal cities and Pakistan still hasn't created these autonomous beasts.

Last edited:
I suggested long time ago surface/air/ship/submarine launched fire amd forget autonomous hunter killer torpedoes that patrol the seas once fired to track and sink enemy ships . The Russians since then have created autonomous doomsday Nuclear torpedoes to flood coastal cities and Pakistan still hasn't created these autonomous beasts.
What Pakistan really needs to learn from Russia is that just like Russia they need to develop 2000 or 2500 tonne corvettes which are designed and have VLS to fire long range land attack cruise missiles plus Submarines like the South Korea made recently which has VLS to carry either cruise or ballistic missiles

LOL!!! The Taliban fighters have put their AK-47s on the table at the Afgan Presidential Palace, and the entire Hindutva have gone into a psychological paralysis mode!! Modi has rushed to Gujrat to reinforce the Somnath Temple.....
...and here we are today, with the Taliban serving as the force-in-reserve for the PA, and releasing Army Corps XI and XII for immediate deployment on the eastern frontier.

Meanwhile, the strategic installations at Somnath having been completed, further work is in full swing to convert Dwarka to an undersea strategic missile park.

To them primarily! The destroyer which can host multiple ASW helis or other couple of air assets on board can increase Navy's range of engagement. Plus as it could employ longer range missiles, so its basically a moving silo. Secondly, power projection is the key role for Navies. Even if the primary adversary is next door. The capabilities can give many regional political benefits.

Ofcourse, we are not at the position to project power globally, but at regional level, we do have a need for larger ships against massive sized indian navy ships

Who are we projecting power to? We share land borders with our primary adversaries

To them primarily! The destroyer which can host multiple ASW helis or other couple of air assets on board can increase Navy's range of engagement. Plus as it could employ longer range missiles, so its basically a moving silo. Secondly, power projection is the key role for Navies. Even if the primary adversary is next door. The capabilities can give many regional political benefits.

Ofcourse, we are not at the position to project power globally, but at regional level, we do have a need for larger ships against massive sized indian navy ships

:nana:

I would adopt a dissimilar strategy to counter the IN, similar to the Chinese doctrine of countering the USN. Trying to match a far larger navy with like for like platforms would be pointless in the case of Pak and China, because it would require too high resources. Instead, develop relatively cost effective counter platforms to deny the opposing navy's strengths. In the case of the Chinese vs the USN, it's anti ship ballistic missiles, long range airborne and space ISR, and long range anti ship bombers/missiles. The Chinese simply can't field the same number of aircraft carriers as the USN. The PN should adopt a similar approach in my view. A large number of multi role medium sized vessels combined with subs and long range aerial platforms for ISR and deploy stand off anti ship weapons, combined with anti ship ballistic missiles.

One thing which I always wanted was a navy base in open water. we don't have any island in open water. but may be we can get Chinese help and build a man made island in Arabian sea.

Under ocean naval base, or one under the end of the land where the ocean starts, like a secretive base, armed with submarines, long range missiles, torpedoes, ready to annihilate anyone in the ocean, especially India @Joe Shearer 😆

another idea: underwater drone to release plasma ionized gas under the propeller of foe ships, the propeller speed moving electric charges must generate electric energy that would damage the own boat.

Back
Top Bottom