What's new

Confirmed: Women are worse drivers than men!

Invincible INDIAN

Reaction score
Confirmed: Women are worse drivers than men!

London, July 08 (ANI): It is official. Scientists have discovered that women drivers are more dangerous behind the wheel.
A University of Michigan study found that female drivers get in more accidents despite driving less often than men do.
Researchers looked at 6.5million car crashes and found a higher than expected number of accidents between two female drivers.
Photos: Sachin Tendulkar gets a brand new Supercar!
They also discovered that women have a tough time negotiating crossroads, T-junctions and slip roads.
The results are even more surprising given that men spend more time behind the wheel than women. On average, men drive 60 percent of the time, and women 40 percent.
"The results indicate that in certain crash scenarios, male-to-male crashes tend to be under-represented and female-to-female crashes tend to be over-represented," the Daily Mail quoted Michael Sivak, of the University of Michigan, as saying.
The scientists also found that women were more likely than men to crash at a junction - their cars are often hit on the left-hand side when trying to make a right-hand turn, and vice versa.
Sivak said this might be due to height difference between the sexes.
He said: "There are three dominant driver-related factors, including the probability of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, one's own driving skills and the driving skills of the other driver involved." (ANI)

Confirmed: Women are worse drivers than men! - Yahoo! News

Everyone of you guys might have faced this issue while driving. What do you say guys?

These studies are stupid, i bet some male chauvinists conducted this study.

I always slow down or accelerate when i see a women driver nearby but I've seen male drivers who are worse!I almost got into an accident when a guy who was driving very fast (120+) suddenly changed lane without giving indicator and almost rammed his car into my car.

well say that to my gf. i am sure i wont be able to borrow her car after that.

Some Women drive better than Men.. There are Girls Who Drive Scorpio,Safari and they are full of Confidence. :) Don't Generalize.

I agree......
Having seen a lot of female drivers here,I myself vote for the fact that they are the worst drivers when compared to male drivers.

firstly they have very slow reflexes, slow decission making skills, poor avoidance skills,frightened while driving on highways and two lane speed ways,...... numerous reasons why I have said that.
Lol..... in fact I have two female drivers in my house itself...... and one of them is freaken scared of changing lanes (even in city roads at 80kmph)and lets not even talk about their highway lane changing skills :P And they have been driving for over 10 yrs...yet....lol

P.S: Never get struck driving behind ,while a OLD woman herself is driving a car on a 2 lane speed way.You cant even over take her while she is doing 50kmph on a 90kmph.I had a miserable experience when the drive itself is 2 1/2 hrs on a 2 lane with 90kmph max limit.On that unfortunate day,my drive turned into a 4 hr drive........ :( :( :( :(

agreed. I never had any doubts.
what makes me laugh the most is that women always have the headlights turned on, I admit that the weather here in UK is mostly cloudy but even on a very bright day they have the headlights turned on.
I am looking forward to the women on this come out to defend their fellow beings.

When adjusting for accidents per x miles driven, women are indeed worse drivers. Previous studies just looked at grand total of accidents by men vs women, not taking into account that there are more male drivers and that men drive a lot more than women.

Also, I don't understand why everytime there's a study that shows men are better than women at something good, everyone has to be up in arms about it. But if it shows women are better than men, everyone says "yeah, its true". Even other men do that.

Also,

Young men = reckless drivers
Women = bad drivers

Note the difference.

:rofl::rofl: :blah:

I think some of you should go drive a real vehicle like a DAF/Kenworth look out the window at some of them women drivers and see how long before you almost have an accident!!!
The skirts look real short especially in the summer..:agree:

A vehicle like the Toyota Land Cruiser or Nissan Patrol just does not give the full view :azn: Too low..

Since I seem to spend at least driving abut 2000km per month I think most of the drivers I see have no idea about driving.

bad_women_drivers.jpg

Back
Top Bottom