What's new

Construction of Pak Navy's first MILGEM-class ship begins

bhai jaan its nothing to be sad . just few years ago i remember we will not have a single new frigate . all we use old junk from UK - USA - china . now we have huge new fleet of modern ships
since i grow up i see garcia class going back . old rusty mall comming from UK and CHINA and few new boats .
remember every weapon we induct it take permanent chunk of budget until its retired . for example f-22 increased hundreds of new crew members a tons of supply allot of fuel supply new choppers costs and maintenance and operating cost .its not just buy and keep them for free . our fans friends did not see bigger picture we are poor country and we have to manage it with available funds .

i did not remember there was another member here too he always want something big
50 frigates
20 destroyers
3 ACC
200 helicopters
100 ASW aircrafts
100 missile boats

he was famous few years ago i just forget his username . :lol:
His name was @Nishan .... i think :P

Brothers stay on topic please.

Pakistan's Jinnah class, the pumped up version of the Milgem, just short of the Istanbul class. I can't wait for this ship to be built and unveiled.
The first of many others.
And dont worry,better conditions as your ''iron brother''s.:azn::azn::azn:

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) you know things are changing in our favor.;););)

The first of many others.
And dont worry,better conditions as your ''iron brother''s.:azn::azn::azn:

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) you know things are changing in our favor.;););)
Indeed.

I hope something became of STM's offer to jointly develop miniature submarines (but it seems the model here is actually the xTS1700 concept). It could be an interesting shift long-term, especially for the 2030s.

D1Xec0IXcAAJkep.jpg

Let's see what the PAF decides with regards to FGFA/NGFA. In my opinion, I think it'll be a consortium, but not sure if we'll work with Turkey or China (or, if possible, both). If the PAF decides to work with Turkey, it would be a major pivot in the long-term.

Indeed.

I hope something became of STM's offer to jointly develop miniature submarines (but it seems the model here is actually the xTS1700 concept). It could be an interesting shift long-term, especially for the 2030s.

D1Xec0IXcAAJkep.jpg

Let's see what the PAF decides with regards to FGFA/NGFA. In my opinion, I think it'll be a consortium, but not sure if we'll work with Turkey or China (or, if possible, both). If the PAF decides to work with Turkey, it would be a major pivot in the long-term.
It really doesnt matter in the short-term but you will make the right decisions in the long-term,im sure of it.

Last edited:
For the J-Class' AAW, there are basically three options:

1. LY-80N -- likeliest.
2. CAMM-ER
3. Umkhonto EIR / Umkhonto ER (Marlin)

I'm not too worried about the LY-80N's weight, if the PN told AFSAT/Turkey that it was a contender, then the OEM likely did the tests beforehand to see if it's workable.

The Italian gov't only started funding the CAMM-ER again because it said Pakistan was interested, so I think it's available. It is a high-cost system, but Italy can offer a credit line/loan to back it.

The Umkhonto EIR / ER / Marlin can come with ToT.
The issue with LY-80N wont be that it CANNOT be operated. I think it will just waste extra space and IF we can get CAMM-ER that would be perfect. Plus my be it is my own wishes but i do think that PN may not go for Chinese tech on these ships. However i do understand when and why you say LY-80N is likeliest, that makes sense too. :)

The issue with LY-80N wont be that it CANNOT be operated. I think it will just waste extra space and IF we can get CAMM-ER that would be perfect. Plus my be it is my own wishes but i do think that PN may not go for Chinese tech on these ships. However i do understand when and why you say LY-80N is likeliest, that makes sense too. :)
LY80N has 70km range against CAMM-ER 45km range

delivered few years ago pakistan purchased from USA and DELIVERED TO TURKEY .

4 LM-2500 Gas turbine (2018) For 4 MilGem frigates from Turkey
AFAIK Pak frigates will not have Gas Turbine, they will use only diesels ,

Back
Top Bottom