What's new

Costly underwater pipeline back on India-Iran talks table

Only if India saw Pakistan with a bit more due respect........you could easily have the pipeline over land.

At sea, it would be an ambitious project, take longer time and then be as risky as it could be.
BP Gulf of Mexico disaster should give you a hint of what type of issues we are looking at here.....

the problem is ..its the other way around...and oh not to forget the "non-state actors of pakistan" factor..

we are talking about GAS here for heavens sake not oil.....and it's a pipeline not a well.. hope u understand the difference between these two

I hope Pakistan agrees to give us delivery on INDIA-PAKISTAN border..that will be cheap and best way to get the gas.

However since that is almost impossible now, this pipeline must be considered.

The average depth of the Arabian sea is about 2000 metres.

The maximum depth a submarine can go without getting crushed is about 300 metres.

Only if India saw Pakistan with a bit more due respect........you could easily have the pipeline over land.

At sea, it would be an ambitious project, take longer time and then be as risky as it could be.
BP Gulf of Mexico disaster should give you a hint of what type of issues we are looking at here.....

That was Oil , this is gas.

but what if subs fire depth charges to destroy the pipeline ????

just curious...

I hope Pakistan agrees to give us delivery on INDIA-PAKISTAN border..that will be cheap and best way to get the gas.

However since that is almost impossible now, this pipeline must be considered.

I still wouldnt go with the land route even if pakistan agrees to what u said.. it wouldnt be a safe bet during conflict times..and all the beneficiaries of that gas would suffer if pak shuts off the supply..and nobody would want to be on the mercy of their adversary for things as vital as fuel for the economy..

I still wouldnt go with the land route even if pakistan agrees to what u said.. it wouldnt be a safe bet during conflict times..and all the beneficiaries of that gas would suffer if pak shuts off the supply..and nobody would want to be on the mercy of their adversary for things as vital as fuel for the economy..

Yes you are right..we cant give our lifeline to them..

even depth charges will not effect against such under sea pipeline..

i am now fully assured about this project,,,:whistle::lazy::lazy:

Underwater pipeline or we can simply transport it by ships. As pakistan can not blame terrorist for any disturbance to it.

That was Oil , this is gas.

Sorry to rub it in your face, but Gulf of Mexico well is leaking both Oil and Gas.

Both are fluids and a rupture in pipe results in massive pressure drops and pollution.

Go read it up.

Sorry to rub it in your face, but Gulf of Mexico well is leaking both Oil and Gas.

Both are fluids and a rupture in pipe results in massive pressure drops and pollution.

Go read it up.

Dont worry we have the infrastructure and know-how to maintain and construct pipe lines without disasters like that. :cheers:

Pakistani submarines are in these waters all the time. If conflict arises these pipes are going to go, there is no way around this. :cheers:

If conflict arises! we didn't give chance to your navy in past, do you think we will give you in future?:angel:

Pakistani submarines are in these waters all the time. If conflict arises these pipes are going to go, there is no way around this. :cheers:

1. There are no submarines that can operate at that depth
2. Attacking those pipelines will mean attacking India and Iran at the same time. Dont think Pakistan would want to do that.
3. Unlike in case of Land Line, Pakistan will not have the option of staging an attack on the pipeline and then conviniently blaming it on non state actors.

just curious...................Is Iran going sit ideally and watch Pakistan blowing its pipeline???

Dont you think Pakistan will be stuck in between military powers?????

I am certain Pakistan will never make Iran angry:oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom