What's new

count down to zero

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countdown_to_Zero

just watched this documentary on a tv channel....its about the growing threat of a nuclear attack on major world cities..They show interviews of experts and previous world leaders such as Gorbachev of USSR,tony Blair of UK and such.
The last ten minutes are almost dedicated to Pakistan....
They say that its so easy to make a nuclear bomb that students can make it from off the shelf components abundantly available to public.....The only thing that stops it from happening is that fissile material is out of reach of public.
The day 25 kilos of enriched uranium falls into the wrong hand...they can go to the supermarket buy some parts and kaboom...they will make and detonate a nuke.
My question is...is it true?
is making a nuclear bomb really that easy?
if it is then why every country in the world hasnt got a stockpile...why countries test their weapons again and again...
If its difficult then why?

just watched this documentary on a tv channel....its about the growing threat of a nuclear attack on major world cities..They show interviews of experts and previous world leaders such as Gorbachev of USSR,tony Blair of UK and such.
The last ten minutes are almost dedicated to Pakistan....
They say that its so easy to make a nuclear bomb that students can make it from off the shelf components abundantly available to public.....The only thing that stops it from happening is that fissile material is out of reach of public.
The day 25 kilos of enriched uranium falls into the wrong hand...they can go to the supermarket buy some parts and kaboom...they will make and detonate a nuke.

if it is then why every country in the world hasnt got a stockpile...why countries test their weapons again and again...

No,it is untrue.Yes if you get a hold on 25 kilos of enriched uranium,you might be able to blast a little dirty bomb but the destruction that comes to the mind when we hear about nuclear bomb CAN NOT be caused by any stupid child having few kilos of uranium etc.

پاكى;2032333 said:
Can you tell more, which program and which TV channel?

or if you could provide link to that program?

its a documentary..synopsis available on imdb.com

No,it is untrue.Yes if you get a hold on 25 kilos of enriched uranium,you might be able to blast a little dirty bomb but the destruction that comes to the mind when we hear about nuclear bomb CAN NOT be caused by any stupid child having few kilos of uranium etc.

The enriched Uranium needed for Nukes shold be 90% pure at least and it shold have a critical mass for the detonation due to fission reaction......the enriched Uranium is itself a dirty bomb without blast. I mean it dont do blast until it has critical mass. However it gives life destruction through radiation without explosion. Its impossible for ordinary pplz to go and get enriched Uranium cuz the time they will reach it they will be dead. or anybody around it will die while trying to reach near it or touch it.Whoever is exposed to the heavy radiation will die cant survive...it has lots of precaution to handle and carry it....:what:

why these filt.hy western and esp americans are chasing pakistan, i mean has pakistan done anything bad to them that they are so anti pakistani, has pakistan done to their mothers or something??

I watched this documentary too,and I must say that it is one of the best...

I liked the part of Robert Oppenheimer,when he said with tears in his eyes:

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another."

Only if you guys watch the whole thing,then you will know how easy it is to make a nuke (after obtaining HEU) and shipping it to USA undetected...

Yes,making a nuclear bomb is easy,once you obtain the fissile material...

Every country does not have it because they don't have HEU or Pu in significant amounts...also,they need to have proper secure facilities,research labs and delivery systems.

Countries test nukes again and again to maximize yield and efficiency,test the delivery systems,reliable detonating mechanisms and multiple purposes (tactical,strategic)...

here it is on youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
why these filt.hy western and esp americans are chasing pakistan, i mean has pakistan done anything bad to them that they are so anti pakistani, has pakistan done to their mothers or something??

Dude calm down...

They have reasons for raising concerns against our nukes :

1. AQ Khan did proliferation and transfer of nuclear weapons tech at the largest scale ever...providing it to North Korea and Libya (which is true)
2. Pakistan is a victim of terrorism.Although our nukes haven't met a single accident and they are among the most secured in the world,still US and other countries raise concerns because our military installations (GHQ,Mehran Naval Base) get attacked once in a while.
3. Pakistan has the greatest rate of building nuclear weapons in the world in 2011.

However it gives life destruction through radiation without explosion. Its impossible for ordinary pplz to go and get enriched Uranium cuz the time they will reach it they will be dead. or anybody around it will die while trying to reach near it or touch it.Whoever is exposed to the heavy radiation will die cant survive...it has lots of precaution to handle and carry it....:what:

As the Documentary describes,if you place the cylinder of HEU in a lead pipe,not only it will be safe to carry it anywhere...but also it can be shipped to USA (or any other country) undetected...

It is easy,provided that you have a qualified team (mechanical engineers etc with equipment) and necessary components....it all costs about $ 6.8 million.

The HEU can be obtained from Former Soviet states for about $ 5 million...the other components for about $1.8 million.

They blame us that we believe in conspiracy theories besides the fact that we have un-ignorable questions and logic about the events but on other hand they want us to believe in Kindergarten version of their theories.

Back
Top Bottom