What's new

Countries Hit By U.S. Tomahawk Cruise Missiles Since Desert Storm

LeGenD

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
20170407_Tomahawks.jpg

According to website GlobalSecurity.org, the U.S. fired over 1,100 Tomahawks between the Gulf War in 1991 and the intervention in Afghanistan in 2001. It has been used extensively in every major American conflict over the past 25 years including in Bosnia (Deliberate Force), Libya (Odyssey Dawn) and the initial strikes on the so-called Islamic State's de facto capital of Raqqa in 2014. Since 1991, Iraq has borne the brunt of America's Tomahawk onslaught, targeted by at least 1,618 cruise missiles. Operation Allied Force in 1999 saw a further 218 strike Serbia and Montenegro while at least 112 Tomahawks hit targets in Libya in 2011.

Full read: https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...-since-desert-storm-infographic/#10e065cc3f11

20170407_Tomahawks.jpg

According to website GlobalSecurity.org, the U.S. fired over 1,100 Tomahawks between the Gulf War in 1991 and the intervention in Afghanistan in 2001. It has been used extensively in every major American conflict over the past 25 years including in Bosnia (Deliberate Force), Libya (Odyssey Dawn) and the initial strikes on the so-called Islamic State's de facto capital of Raqqa in 2014. Since 1991, Iraq has borne the brunt of America's Tomahawk onslaught, targeted by at least 1,618 cruise missiles. Operation Allied Force in 1999 saw a further 218 strike Serbia and Montenegro while at least 112 Tomahawks hit targets in Libya in 2011.

Full read: https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...-since-desert-storm-infographic/#10e065cc3f11
where does our Babur stands in comparision to tomhawk and has Babur missile been used in 'war on terror' or any other event?

we make babur with help from American Tomahawk .. some of them crash landed in Baluchistan and hence we used it to design our own CM .
Yes.. I will give you a burnt crashed Mercedes. Try making a new one out of that.

Give it to the right people and they might be able to do it.
"Right and might " are the keywords here.
It's not that easy as many portray it to be.
Finding some burnt up circuit boards and mangled pieces of metal and then building a fully functional cruise missile out of that isn't even possible.

we make babur with help from American Tomahawk .. some of them crash landed in Baluchistan and hence we used it to design our own CM .
Well, it gave some idea... rest engineers and scientists figured it through iterative design. I would say it was help from "heaven" because some them fell down in Baluchistan pretty intact.. and then it was the wonder of teams to defuse their warhead without damaging them and get maximum out of them..

where does our Babur stands in comparision to tomhawk and has Babur missile been used in 'war on terror' or any other event?
Why in the world would we use an expensive missile on huts and caves? We're not Americans, you know, we have a brain.

Well, it gave some idea... rest engineers and scientists figured it through iterative design. I would say it was help from "heaven" because some them fell down in Baluchistan pretty intact.. and then it was the wonder of teams to defuse their warhead without damaging them and get maximum out of them..
Yes and I ask this from two separate people whom are connected to babur missile program .. one person if things changed would have been my boss in defense minitery .

Seriously! you should avoid such statements bro.Even if what you say is truth you shouldn't be accepting it.We all know that modi is financing terror in our country but is he accepting?
avoid such amateur statement and we are credible to make our own weapons.

Seriously! you should avoid such statements bro.Even if what you say is truth you shouldn't be accepting it.We all know that modi is financing terror in our country but is he accepting?
avoid such amateur statement and we are credible to make our own weapons.
It's a well known fact among our forces so relax it's not classified.

Yes and I ask this from two separate people whom are connected to babur missile program .. one person if things changed would have been my boss in defense minitery .
Now let me get into conspiracy theorist mode ... and say that perhaps some elements in US department of defence wanted to help Pakistan so they made those missiles fell down in such ways.. otherwise Pakistan had no way to stop them at least that time (which is true) also they did explode while normally when weapons go off-track..the self destruct system gets activated. But even that system did not work and Paksitani engineers removed warheads without casualty as there was no warhead....BTW..there was no war head on them :) .... conspiracy mode end

Babur series of cruise missiles are roughly based on the design, and characteristics, of Tomahawk cruise missile baseline III, but relatively inferior in certain aspects.

BGM-109_Blk_III-1C.jpg

Rough comparison of characteristics from NIAS:-

Cruise-missiles.png

USN have shifted to Tomahawk cruise missile baseline IV after 2000; this variant have no peer in the world.

---

Babur series of cruise missiles are fairly advanced (maneuverability; INS/TERCOM; DSMAC; GPS), and represent our best shot against Russian S-400 systems (expected to be inducted by India in 2020). Indians are spooked.

---

No! Pakistani armed forces have not utilized cruise missiles for strikes at potential targets in any military operation yet.

Why in the world would we use an expensive missile on huts and caves? We're not Americans, you know, we have a brain.
They do not have a brain?

Bro, it is simple; we do not have the resources to mass-produce these weapons like US, so we will choose our targets much more selectively.

Back
Top Bottom