What's new

Countries that have shown interest in BAFs' modernization program

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
This is old news but something new to me. I did not know that many countries have expressed interest in Bangladesh's long term armed forces' modernization program such as USA, France, Italy, Turkey, Serbia, Czech Republic, Belarus( know about Belarus) and South Korea excluding our major suppliers Russia and China.

France is sending a delegation to Dhaka in the last week of May to discuss Bangladesh’s ‘military modernisation plan,’ a French diplomat told New Age.
The Czech Republic, Italy, Serbia, South Korea and Turkey also contacted Bangladesh authorities for formal negotiations on separate arms purchase deals.
The United States also gave broad hints on April 24 that the secretary of state, Hillary Rodham Clinton, might express intent for ‘cooperation’ of the country in Bangladesh’s ‘military modernisation plan’ in her formal and informal discussion with Bangladesh authorities during her two-day visit to Dhaka, beginning on May 5.

source: Minsk for ?military technical cooperation? with Dhaka

Rafale?

or Upgraded m2k?

M2k sale was stopped long time ago..Rafale for BAF,I don't think so.too costly for them..they'll prefer more Mig-29s instead..upgraded SU-30 too is quite costly,but will give them quite an edge..but I don't think thats coming too..

Well,don't expect any confirmation for Jet orders unil 2015 since were still saving up and hopefully increasing the Budget Gradually to help maintain them. Also I know we have equipment from at least every country on that list(U.S:training,defender boats,cutter-France:Helis-Turkey:Training,Cobras and i heard we got Zipin-Serbia:Noras-Italy:Ottomats-South Korea:A lot of things)But do we have anything from the Czech republicans part from those ww2 era Rifles?

Anyone know if we are getting any Actual CAS aircraft or Actual Attack Helis(Not Armed MI-171SH)??

Anyone know if we are getting any Actual CAS aircraft or Actual Attack Helis(Not Armed MI-171SH)??

The first thing we need are air-superiority fighters. Or multi-role fighters.

If you are gonna use CAS aircraft with no air-superiority being achieved, those fancy planes are toast.

Though, we do have or HAD one CAS plane - the A-5.

There were also rumors of BAF being interested in Mi-35's.

The first thing we need are air-superiority fighters. Or multi-role fighters.

If you are gonna use CAS aircraft with no air-superiority being achieved, those fancy planes are toast.

Though, we do have or HAD one CAS plane - the A-5.

There were also rumors of BAF being interested in Mi-35's.

Air Superiority against whom ?

India - Not a fat chance !

Myanmar - Your current fleet along with perhaps another squadron would most probably suffice !

At any rate most countries out there, even those with 20 times BAF's Budget, go for Multi-Role Platforms because purely Air Superiority fighters is something of a US, Russia & maybe....just maybe China thing with the US being well ahead of the other two. The rest just stick with a healthy mix of Multi Role Platforms in a one size fit all configuration due to resource constraints !

So going for a tested platform which you've got ample experience on (both in the air & on ground, interms of logistics & what not) is the best bet - Go for the Mig 29s !

Air supremacy is need but Bangladesh has a small air space but i'm sure Air Denial with the use of long range Radars and that five tier air defence system would be a lot easier.

Also About MI-35,i've heard were were interested too but they were dropped for some reason from the $800 million dollar deal from China. But im sure we can try to get something better than a Hind in the future.

Air supremacy is need but Bangladesh has a small air space but i'm sure Air Denial with the use of long range Radars and that five tier air defence system would be a lot easier.

Also About MI-35,i've heard were were interested too but they were dropped for some reason from the $800 million dollar deal from China. But im sure we can try to get something better than a Hind in the future.
1. how much small air space ? smaller than Israel ?
2. instead of Mi35 (around $30 million), Turkish T-129 is much better choice ($22 million)

We need to wait a while for the Indian stooges to go. Then only can our planners work out our defense requirements adequately.

1. how much small air space ? smaller than Israel ?
2. instead of Mi35 (around $30 million), Turkish T-129 is much better choice ($22 million)

Israel do have the Iron Dome and they get grants and bigger donations from the USA but we have to buy it ourselves. Despite their treatment of palestinians, they sure have some nice military tech.

Turkish T-129 looks like a beast. However,what about the WZ-10, it's a bit faster and has a lot more range and compaitable with some of our current anti tank missiles like the HJ-8.Not sure of the price and if the chinese would sell it to us?

Israel do have the Iron Dome and they get grants and bigger donations from the USA but we have to buy it ourselves. Despite their treatment of palestinians, they sure have some nice military tech.

Turkish T-129 looks like a beast. However,what about the WZ-10, it's a bit faster and has a lot more range and compaitable with some of our current anti tank missiles like the HJ-8.Not sure of the price and if the chinese would sell it to us?

1. i was talking about air space in reply to your post, many BDian said we have very small airspace, that is not totally correct, israel is about 22,000km2 on the hand BD is 1,47,570km2. IF Israel can have around 1,000 of aircrafts in total, surely Bangladesh can. You can say bd does not have money or does not face threat like israel face but small airspace is totally lame excuse.
2. WZ-10 price is around $35-$40million, beside it is only for China , not for export.

Back
Top Bottom