What's new

Couple in China 'sells' daughter for iPhone: Report

Punjabbi Munda

Reaction score
SHANGHAI: A young Chinese couple are facing criminal punishment for "selling" their daughter and using part of the proceeds to buy an Apple iPhone, state media said on Friday.

Shanghai prosecutors have brought a case against the couple for human trafficking after they illegally put their third child up for adoption through online postings and accepted money for the baby, the Liberation Daily reported.

Investigators found the mother, whose full name was not given, used the money to buy an iPhone, high-end sports shoes and other products, also online, it said.

Apple's products are wildly popular in China, where a teenager sold his kidney and used the funds to buy an iPhone and iPad in an incident widely reported last year.

But the couple told police that they wanted the girl to have a better upbringing than they could afford, since they already had two children.

"Giving away the child was not for obtaining benefits, but giving the child better guarantees," one said.

Shanghai police and prosecutors could not be immediately reached for comment.

Shanghai media reports did not give the amount the couple received, but their online postings referred to 30,000 yuan and 50,000 yuan ($4,900 and $8,200).

Apple last month launched the iPhone 5s, including a gold-coloured model, and the more budget-conscious iPhone 5c in China.
Couple in China 'sells' daughter for iPhone: Report - The Times of India
dafuq?:cheesy::undecided:

Repost man. When posting a troll thread make sure its not a repost, or all of us have to go through the same old sh!t again :D

I really "appreciate" your hardworking for digging such kinda news, I read it just a few hours ago on Chinese website. Your lightening storm speed to post it really shocks me. Keep on doing it, if this is your job.

My following statement are not against all Indian members, so, just chill.

Oh, that's really weird!Fvck off, you tresh, I am not a journalist, I have no responsibility to link or post ANY NEWS, I am not an Internet masturbation freak like you. I wonder when you got the right to teach me do something?

If I would love to, I can sit here digging negative news about India all day long while giving up my work, but does it help? I mean, I won't feel happy about your negative news. However, you are really addicted to it, feel sorry for you, really.

Don't let my respect for some Indians die, I warn you.

Back to topic, if it were really such an important issue to raise global attention, why don't you show some respect and sadness for the child sold? Why don't you come up with any good suggestions to tackle this problem?You are dying to see a good show, just like an entertainment, isn't it?

Fvck off, stop quoting me, retard.

Like they have spokespersons and cheer leaders from pakistan ;)

Nothing wrong being one for our all weather friend :)

You Indians can be busy 24/7 to dig and throw mud on China but alas the shyt comesback to stick on your own face

My following statement are not against all Indian members, so, just chill.

Oh, that's really weird!Fvck off, you tresh, I am not a journalist, I have no responsibility to link or post ANY NEWS, I am not an Internet masturbation freak like you. I wonder when you got the right to teach me do something?

If I would love to, I can sit here digging negative news about India all day long while giving up my work, but does it help? I mean, I won't feel happy about your negative news. However, you are really addicted to it, feel sorry for you, really.

Don't let my respect for some Indians die, I warn you.

Back to topic, if it were really such an important issue to raise global attention, why don't you show some respect and sadness for the child sold? Why don't you come up with any good suggestions to tackle this problem?You are dying to see a good show, just like an entertainment, isn't it?

Fvck off, stop quoting me, retard.

exactly....it is so easy to dig up similar news inside India :

Back
Top Bottom