What's new

Covid-19 in India - Second Wave - World Extends Help and Support - Updates and Discussion

You have to understand RSS mindset. They want it all and they want it without questions asked. They believe they are privileged because they have made a pact with Western powers to contain China. Hence the arrogant attitude. Let's face it. Western powers have propped up India and instilled such misconceptions into Indian minds. Even as we speak Western powers are scrambling after seeing that Modi i.e. their henchman is unable to divert the crisis and manage like a proper leader. The Western powers have to step in and deliver aid, materials and assistance to save their inept Modi baby.
This article riled me up, I know they are suffering but the cheek to make such demands is reprehensible. UK government has a duty to UK citizens not Indian citizens they have given what they could now move on.

I don't think western governments would only act like this because of Modi, if this situation happened in Pakistan as well the response would be the same, however the response from Pakistani doctors or diaspora in the UK would not be like the article suggests.

This article riled me up, I know they are suffering but the cheek to make such demands is reprehensible. UK government has a duty to UK citizens not Indian citizens they have given what they could now move on.

I don't think western governments would only act like this because of Modi, if this situation happened in Pakistan as well the response would be the same, however the response from Pakistani doctors or diaspora in the UK would not be like the article suggests.

Well, we wouldn't be demanding as brazenly as the Indians are. That is for sure. That is because we don't feel entitled. We don't believe the Western nations owe us anything. With India it is different.

"A Friend in Need is A Friend indeed" in full DISPLAY :victory1:

1619512837414.png

I fail to understand the narrative here, Doctors from India and other countries are here not out of the kindness of their hearts but to earn good money, they are quick to question UK government why don't they use this occasion and this energy to question Modi.
1- Why are there no nightingale hospitals in India?
2- Why was Kumbh Mela allowed to go ahead?
3- Why did the political rallies not stopped?
4- Why was India sleeping while the rest of the world including UK was making contingency arrangements?

A body of 6,000 doctors in the UK of Indian origin has written to Boris Johnson requesting further medical equipment be sent to India as a "matter of urgency".

The British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (BAPIO) is now taking matters into its own hands as it believes the UK government's delivery of aid was "minuscule and a drop in the ocean".

It told the prime minister that "Britain should do more", as India faces a lack of medical supplies to keep coronavirus patients alive.
On Sunday, the UK sent more than 600 pieces of vital medical equipment which included ventilators and oxygen concentrator devices and the prime minister vowed he would do whatever he can to support India.

However, Dr. JS Bamrah from BAPIO told Sky News: "The UK governments have made what is a very slow start and their commitment is clearly not going to be enough.

"We need them to help more, urgently.
"There are nightingale hospitals empty and vacated now, there will be a lot of equipment lying around not being used.
"It would not be beyond the wit and strength of the government to partner with India and fly out nightingale hospitals."
With India struggling and minimal resources being sent, the group of doctors is assisting medics in India by offering triage of patients over video calls, as well as assessing COVID patient's CT scans and offering advice to intensive care doctors.

They're also in conversation with the NHS to acquire and ship any surplus medical equipment to India.

Dr Bamrah added: "There are a whole lot of Indian doctors here with strong ties to India, we feel helpless because we can't go there to help on wards, in ICUs on the streets.

"The situation is dire so it's why we are working with the Indian High Commission to fill the areas of most need. We have a moral obligation to help out where we can, that's what we're trained to do."

With India now on the travel red list and flights to the country out of the UK limited, many relatives in Britain are worried and scared about the situation.

Dr Samir Shah's father was admitted into an intensive care unit in Mumbai on Monday evening.

Speaking to Sky News from his home in Manchester, he said how worried he was about his father's health.

He said: "It's scary, it's frightening, it's grim what is happening there. I am helpless as a son and as a doctor.

"I'm sad, I'm disappointed that I can't be there with him at this time. I'm in contact, but he's dropping in and out of consciousness. It's one of the hardest difficulties I've had to deal with."

Mahendra Shah is 76 years old and as of Monday afternoon was on precious oxygen and medication to treat the virus, but his health deteriorated and he was moved to the intensive care unit where supplies are diminishing.

Dr Shah said: "It's heartbreaking and that's an understatement. I know he is strong, but I just wish I was there with him. This is a humanitarian crisis, the government here may have done a bit, but really it is a drop in the ocean and the ocean is vast.

"I'm seriously worried about lack of supplies, it's nothing like I've ever seen in my lifetime. It's like a war out there. There is fear amongst all my family in India."

Charities and the Indian community in the UK are also now rallying together to provide support to India.

On Monday the organisation Khalsa Aid, which has workers on the ground assisting people in the country, appealed to British citizens to provide oxygen concentrators which it says it will ship to India as soon as possible.

Ravi Singh, cihef executive, told Sky News: "We've seen in our own country how we've struggled.

"If it wasn't for the wonderful NHS we would have struggled even more.
"There is no such system in India.

"They've been overwhelmed, the system has collapsed and it's an absolute nightmare.

"We need to join hands. This isn't about politics it's about saving lives."

It must hurt to see Indian origin people exerting such influence for India. You can burn. I can send you burnol if you want.

It must hurt to see Indian origin people exerting such influence for India. You can burn. I can send you burnol if you want.

You are living in lala land. The corona pandemic and the 27th have exposed India and Modi very badly. Your masters have invested decades of resources in promoting you as the best thing on the planet. The cracks are very clearly visible. For a country that flatters itself for being a super power you are doing pretty terrible. You know it.

It makes me laugh, you don't know the ground realities normal UK citizens who would have sympathised with India in it's time of need are being alienated by these so called entitled doctors. Go on twitter and see the response. Then you can burn knowing how average Joe is responding.

It makes me laugh, you don't know the ground realities normal UK citizens who would have sympathised with India in it's time of need are being alienated by these so called entitled doctors. Go on twitter and see the response. Then you can burn knowing how average Joe is responding.

Have you seen how RSS minions are scolding the US and European nations for not helping Hindustan? Have a look at social media.

So you can't give actual numbers? Haha

Ask your fellow 100,000 Chinese refugees in India.... Hahahhaha. Sour grapes. Don't worry - keep applying. Who knows? Your luck might change.

They are refugees from China. Moaning about it based on Mao's Little Red Book and Communist propaganda leaflets isn't going to check facts on ground.

Did Germany ask USA to keep Jewish refugees? Of course not. Those fleeing persecution and genocide don't have a choice.

Lol. I guess that's some fortune cookie Communist wisdom which makes no sense in English.

I can understand the pride of some Indians, but now the more rude you are to the Chinese, the more embarrassing you are.

Feeling proud to be An Indian today all our friends coming out to help us also indian diaspora is helping big time ,a big thanks to all our friends we will be stronger when all this is over with

#modi hai to mumkin hai

helping India is wasted tbh. A condition of aid should be an enforcable pledge to move away from Hindu fascism tied to financial penalties.

I believed we should help the common Indians thats not our enemies but not the "Upper Ruling Class" of India
We Chinese ain't some narrow minded people like those ungrateful Indian trolls here:china:

US didn't accept Jews from Germany, Palestinians did. And no one told Germany to be thankful because they let in refugees. Like i said you are not doing any favor to China by hosting these refugees. So stop bragging.
They're actually hosting and organizing a "tibet government in exile" in India as an anti-China tools

Back
Top Bottom