What's new

CPEC - Gawadar Free Zone and World 3rd Biggest Airport Development - 2000 Acres !!!

Good times ahead. If we continue to work hard, elect honest leadership, punish the corrupts across the board, educate our children, with Allah's will we will be a strong country in a next decade or so.

these are all the thing you have not done so far then how can you continue to do so

this looks good....

but i attended a seminar in Islamabad last time i visited... one important concern was that the Gwadar economic zone is only open to Chinese. I hope Pakistani businesses are allowed to invest there as well.

In order for this whole scheme to work.....you need export oriented low end manufacturing to play a big part. Its the only way to acquire the forex required to improve the macro-economic situation and repay debts. Other nations should also be encouraged to invest in low cost manufacturing in the area....There is a lot of empty space around the port for factories.

Why do we need to build world's third largest airport in Gwadar ? Even the Jinnah International Airport in Karachi is not being used to it's full capacity. We are asking loans from Saudi Arabia, UAE, China and IMF since we are nearly bankrupt. Why spend so much money building such a huge airport in a isolated small town ? Looks like politicians and government officials will take their 90% cut from the project and then spend only 10% of the funding on building a small airport.

Why do we need to build world's third largest airport in Gwadar ? Even the Jinnah International Airport in Karachi is not being used to it's full capacity. We are asking loans from Saudi Arabia, UAE, China and IMF since we are nearly bankrupt. Why spend so much money building such a huge airport in a isolated small town ? Looks like politicians and government officials will take their 90% cut from the project and then spend only 10% of the funding on building a small airport.
Because gawadar is going to be biggest business & trade hub inshallah, therefore largest airport is must. I am more interested to know about the final Master plan of Gawadar. Several grand infrastructural development projects in Gwadar currently await inauguration. Their launch will take place once the final master plan rolls out, but yet PM has inaugurated the ground breaking of New Gawadar Air port so has the final master plan already been announced or am I missing something here ? I don't know

@Clutch do have some first hand info?

It's not a loan... It's China's own money through a grant. They have plans for Gwadar

Because gawadar is going to be biggest business & trade hub inshallah, therefore largest airport is must. I am more interested to know about the final Master plan of Gawadar. Several grand infrastructural development projects in Gwadar currently await inauguration. Their launch will take place once the final master plan rolls out, but yet PM has inaugurated the ground breaking of New Gawadar Air port so has the final master plan already been announced or am I missing something here ? I don't know

@Clutch do have some first hand info?

As far as I know the Gwadar Master plan was supposed to be announced early this year. But it never happened. Apparently PTI wants the plan scaled down a bit with more green areas. I am not sure what's causing delay in it's final disposition.

That is why the Chinese have moved on with their eastbay Express Way master plan and the free zone master plan.

Here is a map from Gwadar Development Authority GDA... I am not sure if this is the final plan or not:
http://www.gda.gov.pk/pages/masterplan.html

It's not a loan... It's China's own money through a grant. They have plans for Gwadar

Because gawadar is going to be biggest business & trade hub

Gwadar does not have fresh water resources to support a large population. We are not going to lease even one square millimeter of Pakistani territory to China if it is a debt trap. We do not need an airport in Gwadar that is larger than airports in Karachi or Lahore. Instead spend that money building hospitals, schools and a university.

Instead spend that money building hospitals, schools and a university

The money being spent is grant or loaned not owned, so you can't "instead spend on this and that" unless investor want to do it. I don't think investor will be interested in investing money on Public Hospital, Schools or Universities as there's no profit for him in it. You have to do that with your own resource - paying taxes is the first step in generating resources.

Gwadar does not have fresh water resources to support a large population. We are not going to lease even one square millimeter of Pakistani territory to China if it is a debt trap. We do not need an airport in Gwadar that is larger than airports in Karachi or Lahore. Instead spend that money building hospitals, schools and a university.
whole Pakistan is suffering from shortage of water due to decades old lack of interest to build dams & water reservoirs. the dept trap is just rumours, China can't offered the mess internationally to debt trap Pakistan because the whole BRI will be on risk.
Desalination plants are being built to supply fresh water to gawadar.
China has had 40 years of lease of Gawadar port which is more enough then just one square millimeter.

What are we pakistani doing? Are we investing billions of dollars to strength our economy? we have one of reliable friend China, we will have to put our trust on China along with good relations from other countries too.

Now on main point New Gawadar Air port. Look bro we don't have international air port at gawadar that can fulfill all the prerequisite for business from other countries, we just have old gawadar air port which only support the air route from Pakistan to musqat only.

Can't we Pakistani build hospitals, schools & universities by ourselves?

Back
Top Bottom