Masjid..

331706354_744023410427467_2075654362769817031_n.jpg

Tower ,

331640016_2048920851981022_818552931011885060_n.jpg

331621386_3066606253646564_7261217673784526033_n.jpg

Tree plantation drive held in Gwadar​

By Yasir Habib Khan | Gwadar Pro Mar 13, 2023

Tree plantation drive held in Gwadar

Tree plantation drive held in Gwadar on Mar. 12 [Photo/China Overseas Port Holding Company]
GWADAR, Mar. 13 (Gwadar Pro) - Chinese companies in Gwadar organized a tree cultivation event on March 12 to mark China's National Tree Planting Day.
Chairman of China Overseas Port Holding Company Yu Bo, accompanied by senior officials of Chinese companies, planted sapling on the land of China-Pakistan Vocational and Technical Institute.
On the occasion, Brigadier 440 Special Security Division Brigadier Ameer Ali Umrani, faculty members of the University of Gwadar and officers of Gwadar Port Authority took part in the plantation drive.
Several hundred small trees were planted to exhibit resolve and commitment toward betterment of afforestation, green density and natural ecology of Gwadar.
Since the inception of CPEC, Chinese companies in Gwadar have launched large-scale tree plantation campaign. A green Gwadar is being built along with economic development. Plants of both ecological and economic value are being bred in the port area.

On this year's Arbor Day, Chinese employees in Gwadar Port, led by Chairman COPHC Yu Bo carried out tree planting activities at Vocational Institute. COPHC regards improving local ecological environment has invested a lot of manpower and material resources.
🇨🇳
🇵🇰

333958347_2169355453272909_2790657694677108131_n.jpg

335535938_1349964635936870_5485550312994057534_n.jpg

334389786_602982754629696_3161707763048544274_n.jpg

334089888_1235014927103154_7306314092487217410_n.jpg

Two Wheat vessels namely V Rich & Veruda berthed at Gwadar port of 50,000 tons each.
Gwadar Port will handle & process 4,50,000 metric tons’ import of Russian wheat under an agreement inked between Trading Corporation of Pakistan and Gwadar International Terminal Limited.

336150253_886763429097945_4775706428552682991_n.jpg

336238954_1925258557844018_9098462624959095758_n.jpg

336722196_1217119979192699_4960023258551460936_n.jpg

Gwadar 100 MW: Tariff agreed by Pak-Iran govts​

By Yasir Habib Khan | Gwadar Pro Mar 20, 2023

After the supply of 100 MW to Gwadar and Gwadar Port, tariff agreement has been inked between the government of Pakistan and Government of Iran. Tariff varies within the range of Rs 8.4 to 12.4 per unit.
Initially there was a negotiation on fixing the tariff range between Cents 9.9 to 15.3 per unit and making it applicable with immediate effect on both the new Polan-Gabd electricity transmission line and the existing Jakigur-Mand interconnection line (the tariff agreement for which expires on 31 December 2024).
However, the two sides managed to agree on a new pricing formula. The Iranian side agreed to keep the tariffs unchanged for the existing Jakigur-Mand interconnection line till December 2024 and agreed to bring the new tariffs for the Polan-Gabd electricity transmission line down to the range of Cents 8.4 to 12.4 per unit, which is in Pakistan’s favour.
Analysts argue that the settlement of tariffs is a positive development that will make possible operationalization of the 220-kV Polan-Gabd transmission line.
In addition, the additional 100-MW electricity to be supplied to the region via the line will account for addressing the electricity issues of Gwadar for the next 5-10 years. It will also allow for development of port, industry and city in the region.
Last month, Iran had urged Islamabad to revise rates of existing supply of 76-MW to Pakistan and also fix rate of additional supply of 100-MW at par with revised rates. However, Pakistan did not accept Iran’s demand.
Pakistan and Iran have completed transmission lines within their respective areas. Pakistan has completed 29-kilometer transmission line within its territory.
On March 15, 2023, during a press conference, Minister for Power Dastgir did not disclose the rates at which electricity would be imported from Iran, saying that this will be disclosed later on.
The Power Division, sources said, has to seek Federal Cabinet’s approval of Memorandum of Understanding signed between Pakistan and Iran. Presently, Pakistan is importing 104-MW of electricity to Balochistan’s bordering areas. With addition of 100-MW, total import of electricity will reach 204-MW.
Iran, sources said, has also sought update on an earlier understanding with Pakistan according to which Iran will supply 5,000-MW of electricity to Pakistan.

BRI fruits: Gwadar Garment Factory empowers local women​

By Yasir Habib Khan | Gwadar Pro Mar 20, 2023

Gwadar, March 20. (Gwadar Pro)- “If I had not been earning money reasonably and respectfully in Gwadar Garment Factory located in Gwadar Port, neither I would have managed to send my kids in schools nor I would have contributed in home budget to overcome mounting challenges of daily price hike,” said Balqis Iqbal, a senior worker in Gwadar Garment Factory.
BRI fruits: Gwadar Garment Factory empowers local women

“Such awesome financial autonomy has boosted my family status as now I am not billed as a burden, rather a self-supporting producer who can share the burden of family expenses. The honor I feel in the eyes of my husband and my family members is a cause of unending pleasure to me and let me say that all credit goes to Gwadar Women Garment Factory that is first of its kind in Gwadar,” she told Gwadar Pro.
Gwadar Women Factory also known as Gwadar Women’s Development Employment Center is in operation since 2020 in collaboration with Chinese Consulate Karachi and managed by of Gwadar Women Development Organization of China Overseas Port Holding Company.
“It came into being under deep insightfulness of China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) to instill a significant impact on the gender equality and women empowerment in receiving countries. “Such initiative like Gwadar Garment Factory for women is in line with China’s obligations to promote women mainstreaming and women empowerment within the BRI framework under international law,” Chinese official at Gwadar port said.
Equipped with relevant sewing apparatus, airy and lighted ambience, management room and store, Gwadar Women Garment Factory has become a talk of town as it is not only a new window of opportunity to train unskilled women but also letting semi-skilled female tailers to hone their stitching acumen as per modern demands.
Gwadar Garment Factory is also being supervised by local woman Zaitoon Abdullah, who is also a social worker in Gwadar. In exclusive interview to Gwadar Pro, she said that Gwadar Garment Factory is a true success story for creating spiral ripples in women empowerment.
All women working here are given pick and drop services free of cost and that is why their families are quite satisfied for their commutation. “As we have complete confidence in Chinese and Gwadar Port Operator, so sense always prevails that our women are safe in their workplace,” Rahim Baloch, a social worker in Gwadar said.
Gwadar Garment Factory Assistant Manager Zaitoon Abdullah noted that Gwadar Manufacturing jobs like tailoring is a rewarding career choice for creative women professionals in Gwadar who like working with fabrics. With their skills and knowledge to create garments that meet clients’ expectations, all women working in Gwadar Garment Factory have a bright professional path on various upscale garment industry in Pakistan, she added.
She said that over the last two years Gwadar Garment Factory has become at least so efficient that it has been stitching almost all uniforms of workers of Chinese companies in Gwadar Port. “Our women tailers are also stitching Pakistan traditional male clothes as souvenirs for Chinese high-ups facilitating them to wear them on Pakistan special days,” she added. As these women are so talented, so constant energy is being devoted to making embroidery work to scale up revenue, she added.
“Women in Gwadar are very talented, but previously, they did not have any platform to show their skills. There are several vocational training institutes to teach basic stitching skills to women, but the center is the first of the kind to provide an opportunity to skilled women to generate income in an organized way,” she said.
Most of the women at the center are not much educated, while having big dreams to do something for themselves and their families, so they joined the center and work hard to see their dreams coming true, she said.
COPHC chairman Yu Bo said the Gwadar Garment Factory is also a starting point to help women to be financially independent, giving them an opportunity to play their pivotal role to improve their standards of living and fight against poverty.

Rise of “Girls Education” for poor in Gwadar​

By Yasir Habib Khan | Gwadar Pro Mar 24, 2023

Rise of “Girls Education” for poor in Gwadar

GWADAR, March 24 (Gwadar Pro) - Currently, around 550 girls are enrolled in the China-Pakistan Gwadar Faqeer Middle School. Moreover, a recently established digital lab with 30 new computers, in collaboration with a Chinese company, is fully functional in the school, providing computer literacy among the girls.
Around the world, 129 million girls are out of school, including 32 million of primary school age, 30 million of lower-secondary school age, and 67 million of upper-secondary school age, says a 2022 UN report. In Gwadar, the Middle School Faqeer colony has risen as an illustrious promoter of girls education that meets UN global goals and BRI’s spirit.
“My journey of study in the middle school has been empowering me to do something substantial for my hometown Gwadar as well as my country,” Faiza, an 8th grade student of the Faqeer middle school told Gwadar pro.
"Coming from a marginalised community, my parents could never afford to send me to top quality schools. However, Girls Middle School Faqeer Colony Gwadar, which is one of the best schools in Gwadar, made it possible for me to continue my studies. I wish that the school could be upgraded to include 10th grade so that I can further my education," she said.

Educationist Tahir Manzoor stated that investing in girls' education can transform communities, countries and the whole world. "Girls' education strengthens economies and reduces inequality. It contributes to more stable and resilient societies that give all individuals, including girls, the opportunity to fulfill their potential."
Rise of “Girls Education” for poor in Gwadar

Headmistress Parveen Nawaz of China-Pakistan Government Middle School Faqeer Colony praised the Chinese philanthropy in introducing girls' education for the impoverished people of Gwadar. "Although it is a public school, it has surpassed other private schools in terms of qualitative facilities and educational standards. Even education in private schools in Gwadar is expensive, but in this school, education is free," she said. She added that with airy rooms, a comfortable ambience, discipline and teachers' devotion, the school is producing good results.
Ms Maria, who teaches at the school and has recently been admitted to a Ph.D. programme in Chemistry in China, revealed that China's contribution to school development has helped bridge the gap between China and the local community. People of Gwadar had wished for the best education, and China fulfilled that wish, she said.
Zahid Baloch, a local social worker in the education field, said that this is a good start to winning the hearts of people amid a deliberate campaign by doomsayers to poison the minds of the people of Gwadar against China.
Mr Naseem, a teacher at the middle school, noted that China has sown the seed for high-quality girls' education through the school platform. "Our school creates a culture of pride and success. It creates a mindset that allows for innovation and experimentation. It has a powerful effect on girls and their learning," he mentioned.
Covering an area of 1,600 square metres, China-Pakistan Government Middle School Faqeer Colony is equipped with two teaching buildings and supporting facilities. On September 1, 2016, former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif visited Gwadar, and inaugurated the school with the then Chinese Ambassador Sun Weidong. This was the second early harvest project completed under CPEC.

@FuturePAF You may be interested in this:

Export of copper & gold from Gwadar Port on the cards​

By Yasir Habib Khan | Gwadar Pro Apr 1, 2023

GWADAR, April 1 (Gwadar Pro) - As Gwadar Port emerges as a smart logistics hub, extensive deliberations are underway to weigh viable transportation options for copper and gold from Reko Diq, a small city in Balochistan, to Gwadar Port. Once finalized, Gwadar Port will handle and oversee shipments of copper and gold consignments to targeted destinations in Europe, Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East.
Intensive negotiations took place when officials from the Barrick Gold Mining Company, involved in the $7 billion Reko Diq copper-gold project in Balochistan, held separate one-on-one meetings with Gwadar Port Authority Chairman Passand Khan Buledi and China Overseas Port Holding Company (COPHC) Chairman Yu Bo.
GPA official told Gwadar Pro that meetings mulled over theoretical and practical frameworks to utilize Gwadar Port for exporting copper and gold from Reko Diq. This small town is located in the Chagai District of Balochistan, Pakistan, in a desert area just 70 kilometres northwest of Naukundi and near Pakistan's border with Iran and Afghanistan.
According to GPA officials, the meetings also discussed plans to lay a pipeline from Reko Diq to Gwadar Port to develop a pipeline route. They brainstormed the possibility of establishing infrastructure in either Gwadar Free Zone North or in a proposed industrial park being planned under the Gwadar Smart Port City Master Plan.
Furthermore, an offer was floated that Chinese companies proficient in copper and gold logistics could potentially collaborate with Barrick Gold Mining Company through sub-contracting, joint ventures, or other forms of partnerships.
The high-ups of the mining company held a series of meetings with officials from the Gwadar Port Authority and China Overseas Ports Holding Company from January 8 to 10, 2022, in order to formulate a roadmap for utilising Gwadar Port as a transportation centre. According to the enterprise's vision, the extracted mineral will be transported to Gwadar Port for export from Chaghi via road.
According to officials at Barrick Gold Company, $7 billion will be invested in the mine which has the world's largest undeveloped copper-gold deposits, over the next ten years. The company will invest $4 billion in the first four years and $3 billion in the following six years
“An agreement was reached earlier this year between the Government of Pakistan, the Provincial Government of Balochistan, and Barrick Gold, which provides for the reconstitution and restart of the project that has been on hold since 2011," a company official said. He added that the company will not just operate the mine, but will also own 50 percent of it, while 25 percent will belong to the Balochistan government, and the remaining 25 percent will belong to Pakistani state-owned enterprises (SOEs).

@FuturePAF You may be interested in this:

Export of copper & gold from Gwadar Port on the cards​

By Yasir Habib Khan | Gwadar Pro Apr 1, 2023

GWADAR, April 1 (Gwadar Pro) - As Gwadar Port emerges as a smart logistics hub, extensive deliberations are underway to weigh viable transportation options for copper and gold from Reko Diq, a small city in Balochistan, to Gwadar Port. Once finalized, Gwadar Port will handle and oversee shipments of copper and gold consignments to targeted destinations in Europe, Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East.
Intensive negotiations took place when officials from the Barrick Gold Mining Company, involved in the $7 billion Reko Diq copper-gold project in Balochistan, held separate one-on-one meetings with Gwadar Port Authority Chairman Passand Khan Buledi and China Overseas Port Holding Company (COPHC) Chairman Yu Bo.
GPA official told Gwadar Pro that meetings mulled over theoretical and practical frameworks to utilize Gwadar Port for exporting copper and gold from Reko Diq. This small town is located in the Chagai District of Balochistan, Pakistan, in a desert area just 70 kilometres northwest of Naukundi and near Pakistan's border with Iran and Afghanistan.
According to GPA officials, the meetings also discussed plans to lay a pipeline from Reko Diq to Gwadar Port to develop a pipeline route. They brainstormed the possibility of establishing infrastructure in either Gwadar Free Zone North or in a proposed industrial park being planned under the Gwadar Smart Port City Master Plan.
Furthermore, an offer was floated that Chinese companies proficient in copper and gold logistics could potentially collaborate with Barrick Gold Mining Company through sub-contracting, joint ventures, or other forms of partnerships.
The high-ups of the mining company held a series of meetings with officials from the Gwadar Port Authority and China Overseas Ports Holding Company from January 8 to 10, 2022, in order to formulate a roadmap for utilising Gwadar Port as a transportation centre. According to the enterprise's vision, the extracted mineral will be transported to Gwadar Port for export from Chaghi via road.
According to officials at Barrick Gold Company, $7 billion will be invested in the mine which has the world's largest undeveloped copper-gold deposits, over the next ten years. The company will invest $4 billion in the first four years and $3 billion in the following six years
“An agreement was reached earlier this year between the Government of Pakistan, the Provincial Government of Balochistan, and Barrick Gold, which provides for the reconstitution and restart of the project that has been on hold since 2011," a company official said. He added that the company will not just operate the mine, but will also own 50 percent of it, while 25 percent will belong to the Balochistan government, and the remaining 25 percent will belong to Pakistani state-owned enterprises (SOEs).

A rail link between the mine and gwadar will make it more viable for a rail link between Karachi and Gwadar. With that kind of infrastructure in place, the entire coast will be set to host SEZs to draw investment in the most cost effective manner.

The money from the two rail links should also incentivize development and security along the Iranian border in particular and western and coastal Baluchistan in general.

Couple this with the news the afghans are finally getting more serious about mining projects and this could mean the potential rail links through Afghanistan to Central Asia may only be a few years away, giving Pakistan back geo-strategic importance in global affairs, which hopefully it will leverage better to help it industrialize.

Gwadar and Reko-Diq is the loss leader (and way to help Baluchistan catch up to national infrastructure levels) and refocus Pakistan on shifting to economics.

This also has to be used as an opportunity to learn all the industrial methods to carry out mining and processing ourselves. As well as invest the money into building up the means to connect Gwadar and western Baluchistan to the national grid via high power transmission lines. Western/central Baluchistan is the best suited area for solar power and its high plateau topography should make it deal for different kinds of agriculture if the invest in electricity is also linked to building small and medium sized dams all over Baluchistan.

Another key potential benefit of the Reko-Diq to Gwadar route is that it can also lay some of the supporting infrastructure for a renewed effort to built the TAP pipeline. An oil and gas pipeline network from Turkmenistan to refineries in gwadar via Western Afghanistan could be extended to the Makran coast and Karachi to support SEZs there. With the TAP pipeline terminating in gwadar, Saudi/GCC (and once sanctions are lifted, Iranian) oil and gas can be processed in gwadar as a new major petrochemical global hub, outside of the Persian gulf. For China it would be good business and good logistics. For Pakistan, the transit trade revenue could be reinvested into a nascent petrochemical industry and feed our agricultural, industrial, pharmaceutical, and other industries.

P.s. Pakistan’s national share of the gold has to also be partially put into the central bank, year after year (at least 25% of the 25% that is the national share). It will help stabilize the currency and make investment more attractive in Pakistan.

Last edited:

University of Gwadar and PCTVI announced free courses for local students​

April 8, 2023

GWADAR – The Pak-China Technical & Vocational Institute (PCTVI) and the University of Gwadar have announced three-month certificate courses for the young aspirants of Gwadar to equip them for jobs in the modern labour market. The courses are available free of cost for all interested candidates.

The training courses will be conducted with the collaboration of the National Vocation and Technical Training Commission (NAVTTC) under the Prime Minister’s Youth Skill Development Program.

The University of Gwadar in collaboration with NAVTTC has announced a three-month “Amazon Virtual Assistant” program for local students. To bridge gender-gap, the course is available for both male and female students. ‘Virtual Assistant’ is an important course through which successful candidates acquire online jobs. Amazon Virtual Assistant can offer his/her services to different companies that sell their products on the platform.

PCTVI Gwadar in collaboration with NAVTTC has offered two types of courses including ‘Overhead Crane Operator in Shipping Industry’ and ‘General in the Shipping Industry’. The duration of the course is six months while candidates ages between 18 and 40 can apply to avail of this golden opportunity. Interested candidates can register online or hand deliver their documents to PCTVI Gwadar.

The state-of-the-art PCTVI has been built with the Chinese Government’s grant under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) in the port city of Gwadar. The people of Gwadar are the main stakeholder of the Port City of Gwadar. Their participation in the operation and management of the deep-sea port, participation in industrial and commercial businesses, and in urbanization processes is key to all long-term developmental initiatives. This PCTVI is designed to shape and enhance the skills of the active population of Gwadar to participate in the growth of the port city.

Hongkong based company interested in investing in Gwadar​

By Tahir Ali | Gwadar Pro Apr 14, 2023

Hongkong based company interested in investing in Gwadar

Silicon Valley Construction Management Holding Limited‘s delegation in a meeting with GDA officials. [Photo/GDA]

GWADAR, Apr.14, (Gwadar Pro)- Silicon Valley Construction Management Holding Limited, a Hong Kong based private company has shown interest to invest in power generation, tourism, and other sectors in Gwadar, the crown jewel of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
According to an official statement, a delegation of Silicon Valley Construction Management Holding Limited visited Gwadar Development Authority (GDA) on Thursday and held meetings with different Pakistani officials. The delegation was led by Soo Bee Geok, the Chief Executive Officer of the company, and was accompanied by Lal Dino Mari Baloch and other officials.
In the presence of Chairman GDA Passand Khan Buledi, Director Finance Tariq Aziz Lasi, and urban development specialist Tariq Rind briefed the delegation on Gwadar Smart Port City’s master plan and different development projects. The delegation was briefed on infrastructure upgradation, heritage buildings, upgradation of social/health facilities, sports facilities, water supply, and drainage systems.
“With the establishment of the Central Business District and Special Economic District, Gwadar will become an attraction point for local and foreign investors,” the delegation was told as per the official statement, adding there would be a complete tax holiday for the investors. “GDA is ready to provide the investors with a friendly, safe, and secure environment,” Mr. Buledi told the delegation.
The delegation showed its interest to make investments in the latest power generation projects, tourism, and other sectors, reads the official statement.
Last month, a delegation from Silicon Valley Construction Management Holding Limited visited Azad Jammu and Kashmir, and showed interest to invest in Information Technology, hydropower generation, tourism, banking, and other sectors in AJK.

Do we have pictures of Gwadar port and Karachi port night pictures?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom