What's new

Creation of Bangladesh

Dream along.

It is not that I have not been to Bangladesh!

Razzakars might! And they are traitors to the Cause!

Bengalis did not win freedom with their sacrifices to throw it away!

There is an English saying - Once Bitten, twice shy!

Emotional they maybe, but intelligence they do not lack.

Are you a Bengali?

Bangaldesh will remain independent and will prosper!

They don't have to join any country.

It is interesting to think about the creation of a seprate muslim country, Bangladesh. I have an interesting question for you guys.

If our Quaid alive today, what would he think about Bangladesh?

If Quaid Azam w’ld be alive today what w’ld be his feelings?:tsk:
1aa8135db50ecea136a8e7fba2af5855.jpg

I am speaking about forming a confederation or a Union not saying that Bangladesh should join Pakistan.
European countries formed EU so they lost their independence?
Let me clear one thing. Bangladesh was separated b/c there was no democracy in Pakistan it was a internal conflict or “Kursi ka jhagra” nothing more than that now if we both countries form a union what is the harm in it? b/c both will have their separate administration and this is possible b/c we both share a common ideology.

if Bangladesh wants to join Pakistan, I am all for it. Their country, their choice.

But seriously I wonder who in Bangladesh wants to be ruled by the Pakistan army all over again? I dont see such a merger happenign unless Pakistan returns to a stabilised democracy.

if Bangladesh wants to join Pakistan, I am all for it. Their country, their choice.

But seriously I wonder who in Bangladesh wants to be ruled by the Pakistan army all over again? I dont see such a merger happenign unless Pakistan returns to a stabilised democracy.

Read Salman's point again. I think he is not talking about a merger of the two countries, rather a block along the lines of EU. Who knows maybe even SL, India may become part of this union.

I would think the primary driver would be economics for such a development.

Read Salman's point again. I think he is not talking about a merger of the two countries, rather a block along the lines of EU. Who knows maybe even SL, India may become part of this union.

I would think the primary driver would be economics for such a development.

Even, an economic block of two countries require political stability. reg SL, india joining it, anyone remember something called SAARC?

Even, an economic block of two countries require political stability. reg SL, india joining it, anyone remember something called SAARC?

Yes but when an entity is defunct and non-functional then maybe another grouping is the need........SAARC is held hostage to Pakistan-India issues....nothing really gets done even bi-laterally at SAARC.....soon enough it will die out. In such a vacuum, why not have a different setting or grouping where at least bilaterally or trilaterally things can get done?

Politcial stability is something that is not always there. However business goes on...currently Pakistani economy is kicking *** even in the face of such turmoil....the trade with BD is the highest that it has ever been....I am sure SL has been doing very well economically despite the long running civil war there so there are possibilities (BTW I am not proposing any Pakistani-BD grouping...simply suggesting that it is possible and cannot be ruled out).

If Quaid Azam w’ld be alive today what w’ld be his feelings?:tsk:
1aa8135db50ecea136a8e7fba2af5855.jpg
he would have said " nice ride !! "

instead of Pak-BD confederation , there should be an Pakistan-India-Bangladesh confederation, similar to EU structure ....

Dream along.

It is not that I have not been to Bangladesh!

Razzakars might! And they are traitors to the Cause!

Bengalis did not win freedom with their sacrifices to throw it away!

There is an English saying - Once Bitten, twice shy!

Emotional they maybe, but intelligence they do not lack.

Are you a Bengali?

Bangaldesh will remain independent and will prosper!

They don't have to join any country.

I have been to Bangladesh but I have only seen people there who treated me like a long-lost brother! Poor people were willing to keep me in their houses! The Bengalis do not hate Pakistanis! Don't spread your drunken bakwas here! We have enough idiots already!

What idiocy is this? Razakkars are traitors to the cause just because they are loyal to Pakistan? Then we should say the same about the Bahinis? Bahinis are traitors to the concept of Pakistani unity! I'll tell you straight, very few of the Bangalis actually wanted to break free and wanted east and west Pakistan to be seperated! So doesn't that prove that they were traitors ? If the Razakkars are seen as traitors today then the Bahinis were seen as no less by many people yesterday!!!

True Bangladesh is free to remain free! The Bengalis chose their destiny and we have no interest in Bangladesh and its constant flooding problems... Any people are free to decide their own destiny and I do not challenge that! They were treated badly because of a power-hungry corrupt fool and i do not deny that either but the thing is its the same drunken old Pakistanophobia that keeps striking Indians that annoys me...

Tell me something? You support Bangladeshes cause but you say that Kashmir is part of India and should remain so! Why is that? Why the double standards? You say that the Bengalis are free to decide their own future but Kashmiris are not and should remain a part of India? How are you doing better than we did? Atleast we admitted our mistakes and atleast we say that Bhuttos treatment of Bengalis was bad! Do you say the same for the Kashmiri people who are forced to remain in India and all the tortures and injustices of the world inflicted upon them!!! People from there tell me about how they are forced to beg by indian soldiers to spare their lives! They tell me how women were raped and tortured wailing and screaming....
For godsake think like a human and do something for peace!

I pity you Salim! May God show you the light!

Pakistan and Bangladesh are nothing but alienated brothers. We are both blessed by Allah Subahana wa´tala, and must work together.

We must learn from the past and then bury it. Both our countries have suffered the animosity of our neighbour, and the sooner we realize that there is strength in unity, the better it will be for us.

After 1971, India had the opportunity to create a friendly nation in its east. Unfortunately for them, their short sighted leaders have failed to win the affections of the people of B'desh.

We must take this opportunity to improve our relations with B'desh and supply them with weapons and train their soldiers in order to counter Indian aggression. This will create a strong link between Pakistan and B'desh, and in case of war, will give us a valuable ally.

Tell me something? You support Bangladeshes cause but you say that Kashmir is part of India and should remain so! Why is that? Why the double standards? You say that the Bengalis are free to decide their own future but Kashmiris are not and should remain a part of India? How are you doing better than we did? Atleast we admitted our mistakes and atleast we say that Bhuttos treatment of Bengalis was bad! Do you say the same for the Kashmiri people who are forced to remain in India and all the tortures and injustices of the world inflicted upon them!!! People from there tell me about how they are forced to beg by indian soldiers to spare their lives! They tell me how women were raped and tortured wailing and screaming....
For godsake think like a human and do something for peace!

Bangladesh is a reality. It exists. They don't require my support or rejection.

You admitted nothing. If you did, then there would be no Bangladesh. Read Musharraf to understand the West Punjabi arrogance that led to the Bengalis to have their own country. You stole their right to govern Pakistan which they won fair and square in a democratic process.

After the fact, you can say what you want including being long lost brothers. What about the Mukti Joddhas who are no longer on earth?

Kashmir has not rebelled notwithstanding pipedreams of some. That is the difference. Everytime it is the Kashmiris who have alerted the Army of Pakistani infiltrations which were precursors to the actual campaign by Pakistan.

As far as your pity is concerned, please save it for yourself. You require it in abundance and even then it will not be adequate!

Back
Top Bottom