What's new

Cricket Stadiums and pitches

Not true. Have you seen Abu Dhabi and Dubai stadium? The place is as hot and humid as Karachi but look at the lush green outfield. Our grass variety has a problem. Even in LAhor and Islamabad its not as lush green as it should be.

The grass is imported and probably fake in UAE. I remember when Pakistani team was playing there they were complaining. There was a match between Australia and Afridi injured himself while trying to slide in the boundary.

The grass is imported and probably fake in UAE. I remember when Pakistani team was playing there they were complaining. There was a match between Australia and Afridi injured himself while trying to slide in the boundary.

Ok so look at Australia. Very hot and humid there too but the grass is absolutely lush green. Even here in Canada the color of grass is a bright and deep green. I dont know but something needs to be done with grass in our grounds.

many years ago when i was uner 10 years, my father took me to the one and only cricket match i have seen in a stadium.
it was ind vs pak in delhi. i complained so much that we came back midway. i think india won that match and some guy took all the wickets in 1 innings.. i hate cricket.

I hope they develop Abbottabad Cricket stadium.

The scenery is stunning.

And a stadium in AJK would be perfect too.

Im not telling to build international standard stadiums right away, but to develop talents to be fully ready for Intl cricket, we need to develop in our domestic cricket.

And these areas doesnt even have any decent stadiums so it would be perfect. When cricket returns to Pakistan, these can be upgraded to Intl quality :D

I hope they develop Abbottabad Cricket stadium.

The scenery is stunning.

And a stadium in AJK would be perfect too.

Im not telling to build international standard stadiums right away, but to develop talents to be fully ready for Intl cricket, we need to develop in our domestic cricket.

And these areas doesnt even have any decent stadiums so it would be perfect. When cricket returns to Pakistan, these can be upgraded to Intl quality :D

Any news about PSL buddy?? Its already April!

Any news about PSL buddy?? Its already April!

Yeah, They postponed it to later this year(October-November perhaps).

Many problem occured when almost all cricket boards from other countries decided to NOT issue NOCs to their players for PSL because of security fears.

God knows when or if they will be able to arrange PSL.

HPCA Stadium, Dharamsala, India. A cricket ground where a bowler can accurately be described as running in from the Himalayas end is clearly an unusual addition to the international circuit. The Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association advertise their new stadium as "the most attractive ground in India", and that is not an idle boast. At an elevation of 4,110 feet, it is the highest international ground in the world, and it is overlooked by the Dhauladhar range of the Himalayas that includes snow-capped peaks three times higher. The air is crisp, Vultures and Eagles soar nearby

HPCA-Dharamshala-cricket-ground-in-Himachal-Pradesh-.jpg

HPCA-Stadium-Dharamsala.jpg

Dharamshala-Cricket-Stadium.jpg

6812047753_3e2081c14f_b-618x414.jpg

Dharamshala-Snow-Fall.jpg

Dharamshala%20stadium_fan_PTI_0_0_0.jpg

dharamshala-cricket-stadium.jpg

7003344208_200de805c0_z.jpg

It is all a matter of perspective, writes Mike Selvey. Sit in the Lord’s pavilion and look out and see nothing too special. But go to the Nursery end and look towards the pavilion and you see something special. Sit with your back to the river at Worcester and it is a mundane view: from the other side it is magnificent.
Park yourself in one part of the ground in Queenstown, where England will play next month, and the view is unremarkable: from the other end, with the Remarkables as a backdrop, it is just that. From some angles, Newlands in Cape Town is hideous, with its towering stands and brewery close by. But then there is the famous view with Table Mountain. Perspective, you see.
Here’s a selection of the most beautiful grounds our writers have visited, starting with Dharamsala, where Andy Wilson will be covering the first international cricket match to be held in the mountain outpost.

Please go to the below link to see beautiful cricket grounds...

The most beautiful cricket grounds in the world

Lahore stadium is provided on my first post. Its called 'Ghaddafi Stadium' When there is no international cricket, then why would people bother renovating it? I think the best of the lot is either Lahore or Abbotabad.
India's grass colour seems green, maybe because your country itself is quite tropical. You have done a fine job for your stadium overall anyways. obviously for us, you can't expect cities like Karachi and Multan to be lush. Temperatures there can reach high 40s in Karachi, and 50 degrees Celsius in Multan...
and they have done a fine job to isolate us too!!!!
So how u aspect us to flourish??

Lahore stadium is provided on my first post. Its called 'Ghaddafi Stadium' When there is no international cricket, then why would people bother renovating it? I think the best of the lot is either Lahore or Abbotabad.
India's grass colour seems green, maybe because your country itself is quite tropical. You have done a fine job for your stadium overall anyways. obviously for us, you can't expect cities like Karachi and Multan to be lush. Temperatures there can reach high 40s in Karachi, and 50 degrees Celsius in Multan...

Dharamsala, Abbottabad grounds = Beautiful Scenery

Pakistan cricket board has to star upgrading their stadiums from the scratch not build from the base but build it in way that it will stay that way hyderabad stadium 2nd big stadium in sindh never look after same as faislabad, abbotbad etc they always playing 3 to 4 matches in series in karachi and lahore it must stop play matches frequently at other stadiums

Back
Top Bottom