What's new

Cronyism or protectionism? India halts import of electronic items

We do both, our markets are full of Chinese AND locally made stuff AND global stuff (US, EU, Japanese, Korean). Always has been, since Pakistan times. We never ever closed our markets like in India, license raj was an Indian thing.

I myself grew up with 32" CRT Sony Trinitron TV's and 700/800 litre Kelvinator/Ariston fridges, Nakamichi/SANSUI esoteric audio and Bang & Olufsen speakers, something most Indians have never even heard of. To this day, the most common fridge size in India is 250 litres (Godrej). Laughable considering how self-proclaimed "wealthy" Indians are.

We make electronic products in Bangladesh from a basic level, unlike in India - where companies import sub-assemblies from China and slap them together. India lacks design expertise for electronic products and is more dependent on Chinese imports than Bangladesh will ever be.

Compressors, brushless/coreless and Squirrel-cage induction motors (as are all high value items for appliances) are all made in house at appliance producers in Bangladesh. None of it is imported from China. Some high tech items used in assembling appliances in East Asia are imported however, (like OLED/AMOLED screens for cellphones, tablets and TV's, batteries) but Bangladesh is making efforts to make them within our borders. It is a question of volume and sunk costs for machinery.

Walton has invested in making 4K OLED TV screens in-house, but the other producers are yet to catch up. Walton introduced 8K TV's in Bangladesh three years ago (custom 85" and 93" sizes), while only Samsung/LG in India did. No Indian TV brand in sight doing these things.

It is hard for Indians to believe these things because Modi fed them the propaganda about Bangladesh being a nothing place and its citizens being ghuspetias in India. For that one factor alone, Indian products deserve boycotts in Bangladesh.

I feel like I am wasting my breath here - something about casting pearls before the undeserving....

Rate of indigenization for Karbonn, Micromax mobiles (homegrown Indian brands) is somewhere around 10% or less - even the friggin' bar code labels are reportedly imported from China. Indian industrialists do not care about providing jobs to locals - all these PLI BS and garbage notwithstanding.

No one buys homegrown electronic or appliance brands in India anymore maybe except Godrej. IFB (formerly a halfway reputed brand) is hanging on by a thread - in a large town like Kolkata they have five outlets altogether. Their appliances have more than 70% Chinese components (motors, compressors, electronics, you name it). I have seen this in their showroom myself. Sad - very sad.

Slapping things together with no local value-addition and hoping things will sell.

For the last two decades modi-land's doors were flung open and because Indians got a taste of the world's products - all of a sudden they think India has turned into America or Canada. But the shallow millimeter thick dhokeybaaji about "acchey-din" and bharat becoming a "force to contend with" only goes so far.

Meanwhile the rate of street-defecation and cow-pee consumption continues unabated. And Bhagwan's Dalit subjects can't pray to him in Bhagwan's houses....
IFB is very very popular in India. You are just creating imaginative stories. Most of IFB products are sold online. We Indians have moved on from Brick & Mortar to Online, you are still stuck in 20th century.

IFB is very very popular in India. You are just creating imaginative stories. Most of IFB products are sold online. We Indians have moved on from Brick & Mortar to Online, you are still stuck in 20th century.

Yeah still stuck in Kanjoosi slow-lane.

Sitting in down-in-the-dumps India, seems like whole world is going to the dogs. :lol:

We probably did way more than the projected figures. Pakistan was around $5.7 Billion. Not bad for Bangladesh being an economy one-eighth the size of India, eh Rajesh?

CAGR is also faster than India.

Look at ARPU too which is 150% that of India. We started late - but are gaining ground fast. Your national kanjoosi cheap-a$$ habits are well known. Bangladeshis don't buy 10 Rupees "Kesh Taila" garbage online, they buy big ticket items.

Here is India,

eCommerce - India​

• India
HIGHLIGHTS
  • Revenue in the eCommerce market is projected to reach US$63bn in 2023.
  • Revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2023-2027) of 14.11%, resulting in a projected market volume of US$107bn by 2027.
  • With a projected market volume of US$1,319bn in 2023, most revenue is generated in China.
  • In the eCommerce market, the number of users is expected to amount to 1,090.0m users by 2027.
  • User penetration will be 57.6% in 2023 and is expected to hit 73.7% by 2027.
  • The average revenue per user (ARPU) is expected to amount to US$76.74.

And here is Bangladesh,

eCommerce - Bangladesh​

• Bangladesh
HIGHLIGHTS
  • Revenue in the eCommerce market is projected to reach US$8bn in 2023.
  • Revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2023-2027) of 15.78%, resulting in a projected market volume of US$14bn by 2027.
  • With a projected market volume of US$1,319bn in 2023, most revenue is generated in China.
  • In the eCommerce market, the number of users is expected to amount to 86.1m users by 2027.
  • User penetration will be 37.9% in 2023 and is expected to hit 47.9% by 2027.
  • The average revenue per user (ARPU) is expected to amount to US$116.40.

We do both, our markets are full of Chinese AND locally made stuff AND global stuff (US, EU, Japanese, Korean). Always has been, since Pakistan times. We never ever closed our markets like in India, license raj was an Indian thing.

I myself grew up with 32" CRT Sony Trinitron TV's and 700/800 litre Kelvinator/Ariston fridges, Nakamichi/SANSUI esoteric audio and Bang & Olufsen speakers, something most Indians have never even heard of. To this day, the most common fridge size in India is 250 litres (Godrej). Laughable considering how self-proclaimed "wealthy" Indians are.

We make electronic products in Bangladesh from a basic level, unlike in India - where companies import sub-assemblies from China and slap them together. India lacks design expertise for electronic products and is more dependent on Chinese imports than Bangladesh will ever be.

Compressors, brushless/coreless and Squirrel-cage induction motors (as are all high value items for appliances) are all made in house at appliance producers in Bangladesh. None of it is imported from China. Some high tech items used in assembling appliances in East Asia are imported however, (like OLED/AMOLED screens for cellphones, tablets and TV's, batteries) but Bangladesh is making efforts to make them within our borders. It is a question of volume and sunk costs for machinery.

Walton has invested in making 4K OLED TV screens in-house, but the other producers are yet to catch up. Walton introduced 8K TV's in Bangladesh three years ago (custom 85" and 93" sizes), while only Samsung/LG in India did. No Indian TV brand in sight doing these things.

It is hard for Indians to believe these things because Modi fed them the propaganda about Bangladesh being a nothing place and its citizens being ghuspetias in India. For that one factor alone, Indian products deserve boycotts in Bangladesh.

I feel like I am wasting my breath here - something about casting pearls before the undeserving....

Rate of indigenization for Karbonn, Micromax mobiles (homegrown Indian brands) is somewhere around 10% or less - even the friggin' bar code labels are reportedly imported from China. Indian industrialists do not care about providing jobs to locals - all these PLI BS and garbage notwithstanding.

No one buys homegrown electronic or appliance brands in India anymore maybe except Godrej. IFB (formerly a halfway reputed brand) is hanging on by a thread - in a large town like Kolkata they have five outlets altogether. Their appliances have more than 70% Chinese components (motors, compressors, electronics, you name it). I have seen this in their showroom myself. Sad - very sad.

Slapping things together with no local value-addition and hoping things will sell.

For the last two decades modi-land's doors were flung open and because Indians got a taste of the world's products - all of a sudden they think India has turned into America or Canada. But the shallow millimeter thick dhokeybaaji about "acchey-din" and bharat becoming a "force to contend with" only goes so far.

Meanwhile the rate of street-defecation and cow-pee consumption continues unabated. And Bhagwan's Dalit subjects can't pray to him in Bhagwan's houses....
your modi hatred is getting the better of you.

‘Baalton’ le lo

IMG_6221.jpeg

Sentiment in this thread

Why worry? You cannot afford these. Selling is only relevant when a population can afford something.

Avg. laptop (like that Jiobook shown) sells for around Rs. 16,000. Bangladeshi basic laptops start at around Tk. 25000 and they're far better spec'd than that Jiobook garbage.

The images I put up is just to show how vibrant Bangladesh market is unlike the beggar market in Modi-land, where tariff has to be 0% so pujaris can afford it.

Let's put 300% to 800% tariff on your cars in Indian market and see how many Indians can afford cars.

It'll be a "paidaley chaley jao" story. :lol:

Same with laptops as @Homo Sapiens and @Species bhai have already shown you.

And yet your bhikharee-level GDP per capita nominal is below ours. End of story and chest-beating.

India's per capita laptop sales is around half of that of Bangladesh.

Bangladesh
"In relation to total population figures, per person revenues of US$8.36 are generated in 2023."

India
"In relation to total population figures, per person revenues of US$4.20 are generated in 2023."

I went through their finances, let's forget for a second this company is yet to release its 2022 finances, their AGM report is just one-page bullshit, with no quarterly financial reports, and inconsistencies in their cash flow statement. How do you even allow such companies in your country? Guess no regulatory framework to reign in on them, is there?

No Indian company should compare itself to Walton, rather no Indian company would be allowed to run like Walton.

I'm not sure if you even tried to google them. A one-second search returned this,

Both quarterly and annual data are available on Walton Hi-Tech Industries, Walton's home appliances arm.

Their 2022 revenue is even 4 times bigger than that of Godrej Appliances, India's largest home appliance brand.

Stii unable to understand - why lungi dance is happening if india banning the import.

Dimwits will not understand that India has far more to lose in the exchange. India exports $50 Billion yearly to Bangladesh and we export $2 Billion. This imbalance can only exist so long when we tighten the screws on Indian imports and medical travel to India.

Fasten your seat belts - this fakery of stopping Bangladeshi imports using flimsy pretexts of dumping will result in heavy tariffs on Indian imports to Bangladesh or as many of us Bangladeshis prefer, complete boycott of Indian products.

Once that happens, Indians will be running to the WTO crying unfair. Begging and crying is the standard Sanghi approach when the going gets tough. :lol:

1692494250742.png

I'm not sure if you even tried to google them. A one-second search returned this,

Both quarterly and annual data are available on Walton Hi-Tech Industries, Walton's home appliances arm.

Their 2022 revenue is even 4 times bigger than that of Godrej Appliances, India's largest home appliance brand.

Bhai @Species, these one-dimensional veggie dimwits and WhatsApp propaganda morons are unable to comprehend basic facts about trade.

I got tired of preaching to these idiots - they don't have the brain cells to get it....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom