What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

It is now a good time to start a new Type 004 thread already.

Why ?? First of all we don't have any fat seen yet and even if, as long as it's the same class, there's no need for a separate one. We also don't start a thread for each Type 52D.

Deino

Wait, China is building two 003 carriers simultaneously? :o:

It is de facto the second ship of the Type 003, but for the sake of alphabetical order, it is assigned as the "Type 004".

Why ?? First of all we don't have any fat seen yet and even if, as long as it's the same class, there's no need for a separate one. We also don't start a thread for each Type 52D.

Deino

If the Type 003 is conventional powered, then the Type 004 also has to be the same, then the nuclear powered ones have to belong to the batch of the Type 005-006.

The modules of the island structure might be revealed in just few months away, so hopefully the mystery should be solved.

Last edited:
Now fzgfzy is not quite certain about the propulsion of the Type 003, although he personally leans toward the conventional powered, but the nuclear powered is also a possibility, he is not denying it.

And this is where the first module is located on the hull of the supercarrier, since JN uses the British method of construction, while DL uses the American one.

2.jpg

3.png

1.jpg

Last edited:
Now fzgfzy is not quite certain about the propulsion of the Type 003, although he personally leans toward the conventional powered, but the nuclear powered is also a possibility, he is not denying it.

And this is where the first module is located on the hull of the supercarrier, since JN uses the British method of construction, while DL uses the American one.

View attachment 488884

View attachment 488885

View attachment 488883

What is the different between british method (Jiangnan Shipyard) and american method (Dalian Shipyard)?

There is a good news and a bad one, the bad news is it is probably not nuclear power and the good news is two EMALS CV is under construction. :cheers:

PS:Since when does building two conventional EMALS CV becomes a bad news. :D:P

There is a good news and a bad one, the bad news is it is probably not nuclear power and the good news is two EMALS CV is under construction. :cheers:

To admit I'm sorry in case I've missed it, but how far is no. 4 confirmed at Dalian?

003 at Shanghai is now fixed but at Dalian???

Best,
Deino

To admit I'm sorry in case I've missed it, but how far is no. 4 confirmed at Dalian?

003 at Shanghai is now fixed but at Dalian???

Best,
Deino
Nothing solid except a few word from "big shrimps" like Slayerhuahua and others ,we still have to wait for pics.

To be fair, very few of us anticipated nuclear propulsion for 003. But then again, very few of us also anticipated EM catapults ...

To be fair, very few of us anticipated nuclear propulsion for 003. But then again, very few of us also anticipated EM catapults ...
… and many Chinese military observers had claimed the very first module won't be visible until next 6 to 12 months. I don't see any one who posted diligently making the random claims about the very first presence of the module of Type 003 gave any correct indication that the 1st module would show up in JNCX in THIS JULY.

Instead many said only by 2019 we may see the first module :p::p: it happened at both PDF & SDF. It's hard for some to admit the new reality that PLAAF is not keen into publicity nowadays. And JNCX is tough to peek for paparazzi :D Good news to know the dual build-up. I don't want to wait for another two decades just to see the many fleets of Chinese CVs in blue water. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom