What's new

DAC meet: 5 major defence procurement deals likely to be cleared by Manohar Parrikar

Not too sure about that. Yes the NUH is different from the NMRH but from what I understand the NUH is to replace all the Chetaks in IN service and the contenders are the likes of:

I know the EC725 is on offer to the IN as per their requirement for a 12 ton NMRH but I don't think it is at all part of this specific procurement.

A boost to local industry.

I may be wrong .. it seems bit confusion

From Saurabh Joshi's Stratpost Airbus Helicopters pitches ‘Make in India’ chopper JV | StratPost

Farid says his company anticipates a requirement for more than 250 helicopters with both, the Indian Navy’s requirement for 123 Naval Multi Role Helicopters (NMRH) as well as a future Indian Army requirement for over 150 Tactical Transport Helicopter under the Long Term Integrated Perspective Plan. According to him, both these requirements could be met by Airbus Helicopters’ EC725.

The EC725 is a medium lift helicopter in the 11-ton class, which recently underwent Field Evaluation Trials (FET) for the Indian Coast Guard tender for 14 shore-based helicopters.

The NMRH requirement envisages Anti Submarine Warfare (ASW), Anti Surface Warfare (ASuW), Search and Rescue (SAR) and ELINT roles, as well as, special operations, while the army’s Tactical Transport Helicopter requirement would mostly be for transport in battlefield conditions with a larger cabin that could accommodate 25-28 troops.

or may be the Cheetak Replacement advanced with 11 ton Naval Helicopter, Bit confusion are the Oldest Frigates can accommodate such heavy helo's on it's back side

What is the benefit of off-set ? You have seen what it did to Rafael deal. They will just make the deal more expensive to cover the 30 percent off-set
Rafael hasn't been in the Make in India foray, Most of Python and Derby along with Spyder were bought off the shelf from Rafael Advanced Defense Systems. Elbit on the other hand will see a lot of Co-dev and JV's under Make in India.

It is raining DAC clearances these days, too bad this isn't even remotely translating into actual contract signatures. The DAC is a crucial clearance but it is not the final stage, the final clearance comes from the CCS and how many times have they met in the past year? How many deals have they actually signed off on? This is the new bottleneck- DAC clearances are becoming irrelevant. It used to be the case that once a deal had a DAC clearance it would receive CCS clearance and thus be signed within a few weeks/months- now who knows?

The Ch-47F and AH-64E were cleared by the DAC months ago but are STILL yet to be signed and now the IAF has to beg Boeing to extend the price validity for the THIRTEENTH time.

Very, very disappointing- yet more talk/hype and little tangible benefits from the NDA.

Not too sure about that. Yes the NUH is different from the NMRH but from what I understand the NUH is to replace all the Chetaks in IN service and the contenders are the likes of:

AS-555_Fennec.jpg

N49_047_Calum_Gibson_IMG_8261.jpg

I know the EC725 is on offer to the IN as per their requirement for a 12 ton NMRH but I don't think it is at all part of this specific procurement.

A boost to local industry.

Agreed NDA has been dissapointing in the defense front

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom