What's new

Danish Cooking School Tells Muslim Students To Eat Pork Or Dont Graduate

That used to happen when this rule was made in Islam.

It doesn't happen anymore but the rule has not been changed.

It's like Islam is a monolith totally impervious to changes and amendments.

But that doesn't change the fact that a wrong is wrong no matter where ever it is written !! Either you outright reject something else don't give illogical/flawed justification for rejection as such..

Islam does allow leniency in consuming alcohol and haram food depending on the situation - alcohol consumption, when part of medication, is allowed according to many Islamic scholars. Technically morphine or other prescription pain killers would be considered 'Haram' when used without medicinal reasons.

I would place the 'tasting of Pork and Wine as a requirement to graduate' in the 'exceptions' column, and argue that it is allowed since it is part of the requirements of the institution he joined and wants to graduate from. The students are not being asked to take up consumption of Pork and Wine on a daily basis, but to simply taste the food when they cook it to understand how the different flavors turn out - tasting the food a cook prepares is not really optional, at least for a good cook.

Going forward, once the student graduates, he can choose to never prepare a pork meal again (or serve wind with his meals), and therefore will never have to taste pork/wine.

It's no secret that many Hindus are vegetarians. Heck, many of the Jains (those belonging to Jainism) don't even eat onion and garlic, let alone non-Veg.
...yet, when they all join the Indian Army, they HAVE TO eat snakes as part of Jungle Survival course.
Sometimes you just HAVE TO do things.
If a chef doesn't eat the pork he himself cooked for his guests, how'd he ever come to know how good or bad the dish actually was? ;)
Operational Requirements! Meet them or leave the course, be it the Army or a culinary class.

Although i hate these Dane di2ks but you my friend do have a Valid point

yesterday i posted saying that muhammad borrowed practices from religions he came into contact with namely judaism and christianity. and pig thing is borrowed from judaism.

You clearly have no knowledge about the religion all 1,24,000 prophets are respected in islam and the reason why new prophets were sent was, people use to make changes in their books so their meanings were changed, to tell the right meanings to other generations more prophets were sent.

you can either eat it or not. if exceptions are made then exceptions can be negotiated. suppose i am muslim and tell myself' i will die of curiosity, if i dont eat it' then i can inoke the clause you mentioned and eat pork? oh well!

Only if you are dying with hunger.

Sorry i didn't mentioned in my previous post.

A culinary school in Denmark is forcing its Muslim students to taste pork and wine, both banned in Islam, or else they will not be able to graduate from the school.

İkram Korkmaz, the son of Turkish immigrants in Denmark, recently enrolled in the Copenhagen Hospitality College in Valby to fulfill his childhood dream of being a cook. Shortly after he began school, Korkmaz was asked to cook meals that include pork. Being very familiar with Danish culture, Korkmaz successfully cooked these meals, but this did not satisfy the college administration, which asked him to taste pork. When Korkmaz refused to taste pork on religious grounds, his instructors told him that he cannot graduate from the school unless he tastes pork and wine.

"I was very disturbed when my instructor asked me to taste pork and wine. When I visited the vice principal of the school to complain about the issue, he told me the same thing. As a last resort, I went to the school's principal, but he also told me that all the students in the school have to taste the food they cook," Korkmaz told Today's Zaman.

The Turkish man, who graduated from an imam-hatip high school in Turkey, also said the college administration had brought an imam to the school who told the Muslims that there is nothing wrong from the Islamic point of view in their tasting pork.

Korkmaz said when he tried to explain that Muslims are banned from eating pork, the school administrator reminded him of the statement of the imam who said Muslims can taste pork. "Perhaps some Muslim students believed what that imam said and tasted pork, but I will never do so," he said.

Korkmaz also said the school discriminates against Muslim students, asking them to become workers instead of cooks. He said two Iraqi Muslim students had to quit school due to pressure from the school administration. According to Soren Kühlwein Kristiansen, the school principal, there is nothing wrong in Muslims' eating pork. Speaking to Danish state TV DR, he said if the students in the college want to graduate from the school, they have to taste all the food they are asked to cook.

Kristiansen also said students who do not taste pork will not get an internship, making it impossible for them to graduate.

Nevertheless, there are many restaurants run by Muslims in Denmark, where more than 300,000 Muslims live. Korkmaz said he was accepted by the first restaurant he applied to as an intern.

Thanks to support from his wife, Britt Maria Christensen, Korkmaz filed a complaint against the Copenhagen Hospitality College with the Danish Ministry of Education. The ministry is to respond to Korkmaz's complaint within 14 days.

Danish Cooking School Tells Muslim Students To Eat Pork Or Dont Graduate

This does not make any sense to me, you cannot dictate what other person will eat or drink, that is ridiculous suggestion.

This does not make any sense to me, you cannot dictate what other person will eat or drink, that is ridiculous suggestion.

It's a school and there are defined rules to be followed.. If you didn't read the rule book before joining the school then you can not really blame the school administration for what's in store in the times to come..

Where do Pakistanis come in?

Why don't you go and eff off?
since pakistanis say that if any muslim is affected they will fight

You clearly have no knowledge about the religion all 1,24,000 prophets are respected in islam and the reason why new prophets were sent was, people use to make changes in their books so their meanings were changed, to tell the right meanings to other generations more prophets were sent.

Only if you are dying with hunger.

Sorry i didn't mentioned in my previous post
if you are dying of hunger come to my place, i will feed you well bhai ,,,:)

ABSURD! i took some culinary classes here in canada. no one wud dare to ask me to taste pork/wine. and if they did they would get into a lot of trouble. although i may be asked to handle (with gloves) pork/wine/etc. for the class i do not have to taste it. students are given consessions based on their religion and not being able to taste a certain food will not affect their grades.

i dont even get why some people are supporting these danish xenophobes...arent many indians vegetarians...wouldn't it bother u if people made devout hindu/sikh vegetarians taste meat.

ABSURD! i took some culinary classes here in canada. no one wud dare to ask me to taste pork/wine. and if they did they would get into a lot of trouble. although i may be asked to handle (with gloves) pork/wine/etc. for the class i do not have to taste it. students are given consessions based on their religion and not being able to taste a certain food will not affect their grades.

i dont even get why some people are supporting these danish xenophobes...arent many indians vegetarians...wouldn't it bother u if people made devout hindu/sikh vegetarians taste meat.
no it wouldnt. one has to follow rules , simple. if you dont like it dont join the course.. or i would join a vegetarian cooking course. i dlnt like to even handle meat .

Pork is forbidden in Islam for many reasons, a few of them are as follows:

1). pig eats its own feces.

2). pig eats the feces of other animals.

3). pig is a cannibal.

4). pig eats basically anything no matter how rotten or ******.

5). pig is never clean and carries a lot of diseases both internally and externally.

Actually, Humans share the most diseases with pigs than with any other animals. So they have diseases similar to humans, and hence can pass their ***** over to us..

Who dreams to become a cook? :cheesy:

And if the Imam said it was ok to taste pork, then it must be ok! Imams know their stuff, its their job.

It is clearly mentioned in the Quran that pork and wine is haram. And no "imam" can undo that. The
boy Korkmaz here was really bright though. He does know the simplest of the basics of ISLAM as
expected from any muslim. BTW you guys ridiculed a kashmiri Imam when he asked to declare
Ahmidis non-muslim but now you guys are ignorantly defending this so called Imam. Why the
hypocrisy Indians? This shows that you guys are venomously Islamophobic and will always be
there to screw muslims and praise all anti-islamic bigots.

No sympathy from my side being in the hospitality industry, if you're studying in a country where the cuisine involves different animals, condiments, or whatever, you cannot expect the country to adjust for you. Their country, their rules. Live by it or gtfo. That being said, there are tons of hospitality institutes in the M.E, the lad should have just gone there than whine.

What if Pig is from pig farm fed on proper hygienic diet?

They did not have any scientific pig farms for raising pigs for meat in 7th century :lol:.

He gave the reasons most probably from Quran which was written sometime in 7 or 8th century.

Its a culinary school so its obvious. If one cannot eat pork or beef then why join ? dragging Religion into everything is Not Good I think

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom