What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

I never said the RDY emission was undetectable. I said that the radar don't change of frequency, wave form, power...and so one before, during and after a MICA (EM or IR) fire. It's why the opponent never imagine it is fired until the missile is near.

Like I said earlier I don't think you understand the concept. Low Probability of Intercept Radars, Radars that are designed to be hard to detect since it avoids triggering RWRs (Radar Warning Receivers) by frequency hopping (i.e. by random change of frequency), narrow beam width etc. So when you say "RDY radar don't change of frequency" I conclude that you don't understand how radars work. Further RDY is not an LPI Radar, so it is not capable of discreet emissions.

low probability of intercept (LPI) radar that uses frequency hopping techniques changes the transmitting frequency in time over a wide bandwidth in order to prevent an intercept receiver from intercepting the waveform.

Source

It was far far away it's NEZ. A 5G moving target would have avoid it !

Not 60 km, some were fired from 30km distance.

LOL.
You already purchased P8I, helo, next will be drones. More than enough to please Donald the fool.

Our QRSAM based on Astra will be ready for operational deployment after 4-5 years And we urgently need one QR system to fulfill this role. Since US pissed off with S400, this purchase may work both of us good at this point of time. Mostly all other sites will then be protected by QRSAM with mass production just like Akash

thanks Picdelamirandoil

Rafale's agility is largely irrelevant in combat since that agility disappears when hanging external fuel tanks, missiles and bombs on the wing. In other words a combat configured Rafale is 'G' limited except when configured for intercept / a2a combat with one supersonic tank and wingtip / fuselage a2a missiles.

So Rafale's alleged superior agility advantage is only available for one mission type.
This is true for all 4/4.5 Gen fighter less true for aircraft with fuselage mounted stealth weapons pods and CFTs.

Like I said earlier I don't think you understand the concept. Low Probability of Intercept Radars, Radars that are designed to be hard to detect since it avoids triggering RWRs (Radar Warning Receivers) by frequency hopping (i.e. by random change of frequency), narrow beam width etc. So when you say "RDY radar don't change of frequency" I conclude that you don't understand how radars work. Further RDY is not an LPI Radar, so it is not capable of discreet emissions.

Source
Are you sick ?
I never said the RDY emission was not detectable (x2) and I never said it is a LPI radar.
I just said the opponent didn't see any change in the RDY emission that can give him any alert that a missile has been fired. So take your medicine, dring a glass of cold water and keep cool.

Not 60 km, some were fired from 30km distance.
NEZ of AMRAAM C5 is sait to be 20 to 25km. not more.

Rafale's agility is largely irrelevant in combat since that agility disappears when hanging external fuel tanks, missiles and bombs on the wing. In other words a combat configured Rafale is 'G' limited except when configured for intercept / a2a combat with one supersonic tank and wingtip / fuselage a2a missiles.

So Rafale's alleged superior agility advantage is only available for one mission type.
This is true for all 4/4.5 Gen fighter less true for aircraft with fuselage mounted stealth weapons pods and CFTs.
Not fully true (not to write "false")
Rafale is 9G able with a full AA load and 3 x 1200l external tanks. You may add in a foresable futur 2 conformal external tanks (already tested).

My dear, what is the max G of a fully internally loaded F35? We already know that in a clean config it's 7.5G max.

Are you sick ?
I never said the RDY emission was not detectable (x2) and I never said it is a LPI radar.
I just said the opponent didn't see any change in the RDY emission that can give him any alert that a missile has been fired. So take your medicine, dring a glass of cold water and keep cool.

Your claim that the RDY emissions are constant even when tracking a fast moving target tells me you haven't a clue how a pulse doppler radar works.

To launch a missile you first need to:

1. find the target
2. interrogate the target (Friend or Foe)
3. Track the target
4. Lock the target

To track/lock and sustain the track lock the radar PRFs (Pulse repetition Frequency increases - RWR's are programmed to detect an increase in PRFs.

It is a simple principle, similar to echolocation used by animals such as bats.
When a bat is using echolocation to navigate around static objects it emits fewer ultrasonic sound waves i.e. lower PRFs. But when chasing a prey it it needs faster updates hence higher PRFs.

My dear, what is the max G of a fully internally loaded F35? We already know that in a clean config it's 7.5G max.

Which F-35? F-35 A is 9G

F35B is 7.5 G, a trade off for vertical landing. Can the Rafale land vertically?

https://www.airforce.gov.au/technology/f-35a-specifications

I thought you were obsessed with the Rafale but now I suspect its the F35.

You may add in a foresable futur 2 conformal external tanks (already tested).

What are the results of this test? Was it sucessful? Please can you share a source.
Merci

Which F-35? F-35 A is 9G
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: LOL. Maybe with block 21..... in 2065

What are the results of this test? Was it sucessful? Please can you share a source.
Merci
It was air tested,in 2001 if I remember well. French air force don't need it so far.
upload_2020-2-20_15-12-42.jpeg

upload_2020-2-20_15-12-59.jpeg

To track/lock and sustain the track lock the radar PRFs (Pulse repetition Frequency increases - RWR's are programmed to detect an increase in PRFs.
RDY, as RBE2 now don't change PRF.

Maybe it's impossible for US radars, not for french one.

quit trolling please, I told you before..the Rafale will be a minor foot note in history.Unless one crashes on the head of a major celebrity ....like Modi :rofl:
F35 tried and succed with a Japan pilot :butcher:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: LOL. Maybe with block 21..... in 2065

It was air tested,in 2001 if I remember well. French air force don't need it so far.
View attachment 607353
View attachment 607354

I was hoping to see some data on the results and conclusions of the test. I have seen images of the Rafale with CFTs before.

RDY, as RBE2 now don't change PRF.

Maybe it's impossible for US radars, not for french one.

F35 tried and succed with a Japan pilot :butcher:

Like I said before French Magical Radars made by Dwarven blacksmiths and don't conform to laws of physics.

Quit trolling many Rafales have crashed killing many pilots - it is not funny.
Including one that crashed in Pakistan waters due to defects in the logic of the fuel flow software.

https://www.dawn.com/news/586935/french-aircraft-crashes-into-pak-waters

Last edited:
@BON PLAN

Dassault in talks to buy out Reliance stake in DRAL

Move comes 2 years ahead of the planned roll out of Falcon 2000 executive jet from JV's Nagpur facility as part of Rafale deal offsets

February 19, 2020 By Vishal Thapar Video / Photo(s): By Dassault Aviation

Dassault's Make in India video released at DefExpo20
The French aircraft manufacturer Dassault is learnt to be in talks to buy out the stake of its partner Reliance in their joint venture Dassault Reliance Aerospace Limited (DRAL).

The Reliance-appointed CEO of DRAL Sampathkumaran ST has reportedly resigned recently. Reliance Infrastructure is the majority shareholder in the 51:49 JV.

This development has taken place two years ahead of the planned roll out of the fully assembled Dassault Falcon 2000 executive jet from the DRAL manufacturing facility at the Mihan SEZ in Nagpur as part of the scaling up of the discharge of offsets in the 7.87 Billion Euro Rafale fighter deal.

The Reliance-appointed CEO of DRAL Sampathkumaran ST has reportedly resigned recently. Reliance Infrastructure is the majority shareholder in the 51:49 JV

"Dassault is seeking a 100 per cent ownership of DRAL, as is permissible under Indian regulations. The French side is already handling all the manufacturing activity at DRAL," an informed source confirmed to this reporter.

Announced shortly after the signing of the Indo-French Government-to-Government deal for 36 Rafale fighters in 2016, the JV was intended to be "a key player in the execution of offset obligations" under the contract. The French side is to discharge 50 per cent offsets - or counter-trade obligations - by sourcing Defence and Aerospace equipment or components worth 3.9 Billion Euros from India.

"Dassault is seeking a 100 per cent ownership of DRAL, as is permissible under Indian regulations. The French side is already handling all the manufacturing activity at DRAL," an informed source confirmed to this reporter

"The Joint Venture also represents a unequalled Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) by Dassault Aviation of over 100 Million Euros, the largest such Defence FDI in one location in India," Dassault had declared in a statement.

DRAL.jpg

The French aircraft manufacturer seeks 100 per cent control of DRAL before rolling out 2 Falcon 2000 jets a month
DRAL commenced manufacture of aero structures for the Falcon 2000 in 2018. "These first steps are expected to achieve in the coming years the possible setting up of final assembly of Rafale and Falcon Aircraft," Dassault had stated.

Sourcing by foreign OEMs of civil aerospace components manufactured in India are permissible for discharge of offsets in defence deals.

DRAL commenced manufacture of aero structures for the Falcon 2000 in 2018. "These first steps are expected to achieve in the coming years the possible setting up of final assembly of Rafale and Falcon Aircraft," Dassault had stated

In February 2019, the first cockpit front section of the Falcon 2000 produced by DRAL was delivered to the assembly line in France as part of the global supply chain for the manufacture of the bestselling executive jet.

"In parallel, larger infrastructures are being developed and will soon be completed allowing the ramp-up of DRAL capabilities toward the taking-off of an entire Falcon 2000 fully manufactured and assembled in India," Dassault had then declared in a statement.

A Falcon 2000 rollout will make this the first private sector assembly line for commercial jets in India.

http://www.sps-aviation.com/news/?i...lt-in-talks-to-buy-out-Reliance-stake-in-DRAL

This is so hilariously wrong. :lol:
Meteor has veen developed for taking out highly manuevarable fighter jets at ranges that were never dreamt of.
Meteors has a NEZ 3 times larger than a AIM 120C5.
Plus Meteor is also much faster (more KE) and has bettter manuevarability than AMRAAMs.

As for your claim on EW, RAW has transfered it's ELINT/ESM aircraft Global 5000s to IAF after February 2019 (far more advanced than PAF's DA-20).

Indian commentators were saying the same thing about Su-30. Their taunting and condescending tone was very much in my memory. Not anymore.

As far as Meteor or any missile. American weaponry has time and again proven to be superior. You should also go for American technology.

As far as Meteor or any missile. American weaponry has time and again proven to be superior. You should also go for American technology.
LOL.
Just remember the brand new AIM9X that failed over Syria to shoot a old Su22...
Or the low pk of AMRAAM.

US AAM are cheaper than european counterparts, but are not as efficient as the US marketing wants it to do.

LOL.
Just remember the brand new AIM9X that failed over Syria to shoot a old Su22...
Or the low pk of AMRAAM.

US AAM are cheaper than european counterparts, but are not as efficient as the US marketing wants it to do.

what is the combat record of European AAMs? Why did the MICA fail on Feb 27?

Last edited:
what is the combat record of European AAMs? Why did the MICA fail on Feb 27?
No MICA was fired 27th february.

Remember that the sole F16 shooted down in air to air combat was a Turkish one destroyed by a french Magic 2 fired from a greek Mirage 2000.... :yahoo:

First four Rafale jets to arrive by May end: Rajnath Singh

The first four Rafale fighter jets are arriving in India by the last week of May, following which an aircraft will arrive every 45 days, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh disclosed at the Economic Times Global Business Summit, saying that the 36 on order are enough to take care of adversaries as of now.

Speaking at the annual summit, the minister shared the government’s plans for the defence sector and said that the plan is for the sector to grow to $ 26 billion by 2025,

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom