What's new

Dawn News : How to conduct a safety drill

If i were the police chief, i would have engaged my guys in CQB using Airsoft guns on weekly or monthly basis, in 2003,2004 era. You can clearly see that even the police commandos were not clearing the room properly. Dry drills should be a must for police forces and CQB on monthly basis should be a must too.
@Irfan Baloch What do you think?
Airsoft guns are far from realistic. Using paint marking rounds is much better.

The drill has to be intensive, from first aid to disaster management. Also the school infrastructure must be supportive of it. There should be enough emergency exits. It's necessary to understand that different child will react to different situations differently. So it needs to be made a part of muscle memory. Also routine mock drills are a welcome move. Apart from that scouts and guides/ NCC like body must be encouraged in schools.

An important question is how will the differently-abled children cope with this drill ? Certainly they will be dependent on fellow classmates. So it will be necessary to teach teamwork first.

Airsoft guns are far from realistic. Using paint marking rounds is much better.
I know you are talking about bang and recoil but basics can be learned in a way safer environment with Airsoft guns. At least you can train your guys without hurting 'em and also they would be able to put their max in the training. Will save you a lot. Real action markers are another option.

Situation and times are not to our ideal liking and its not Switzerland
Attacks by TTP on soft targets is a reality
I don't think any situation should mask our sanity. This all out committing to a single task is what has brought us to where we stand today. Focus is one thing and ignoring critical requirements (during planning and execution) is an altogether another thing which we some how have mastered to the limits.

There are departments that exist solely for the purpose of child care and Psy. counselling. While the sec. forces conduct drills the psychologists and therapists should get on with their part of the fight.

While the military engaged USSR in the west, police department and other internal sec. establishments got busy watching news rather than being vigilant about the spill out that was resulting from the war out there. On a smaller social scale the whole city watches a road being built and only later on the sanitation department realizes that the drainage pipe for the colony needs to pass under this road and the digging of the newly carpeted road begins. Gross in-competencies at every level! Let this drill thing not do us more harm than the intended good.

Regards

I know you are talking about bang and recoil but basics can be learned in a way safer environment with Airsoft guns. At least you can train your guys without hurting 'em and also they would be able to put their max in the training. Will save you a lot. Real action markers are another option.
Basics can't be taught without the real thing, and I'm not talking about recoil or the sound.
Even the higher quality airsoft guns are fragile.
Remember, skills not learned under stress cannot be repeated under stress.

Back
Top Bottom