What's new

Dear Indians | We are NOT west Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I have NEVER heard an Indian commentator/opinionator/speaker pitch forward unification with Pakistan. It is pretty clear to see that in the decades post-Partition India and Pakistan have evolved their own distinctive cultures, albeit with some lingering similarities but that could also be said of US culture holding certain European traits. the fact there are thousands/tens of thousands of radial citizens in Pakistan ready to kill an Indian at anyone time does seem to make unification look even more remote. Additonally the social/cultural/religious differences between the two seem to be pretty irreconcilable ie India is a secular democracy with rights for all protected under constitioun whereas Pakistan is by definition a Islamic state which has a checkered history with democracy/military rule.

In regards to Pakistan NOT being West Germany:

@Aeronot, thanks for letting me know.

Let's be reasonable.

Would East Germany work for you?

EzioAltaïr;4151902 said:
He's obviously met a lot of Jains. Their philosophy goes beyond not eating animals. It extends to not hurting animals in anyway whatsoever, so eggs, which are future animals are non-veg for them. Don't know about milk, but I have heard that onions, mushrooms, and a lot of vegetables are also not permitted to them for some reason.

My comment was only Wrt Milk......

Pakistan should remove Urdu as its national language, since it is based on the pre-Islamic Khadi Boli dialect of the UP area. Punjabi and Sindhi should also be removed, since they are based on Sanskrit, just like Bengali and Assamese.

Perhaps Pashto should be made the national language of Pakistan.

What a silly suggestion! It should be Persian!

Not eating eggs and meat is popular among indians but some i met said anything coming from animals is not allowed including milk.

Only about meat. Egg is considered a non-vegetarian food. food trends depends upto the school of Hinduism a person believe in bu there is no dispute about consumption of milk.

Hello:

I have had enough with listening to the crap of my Indian neighbors who still are hungover by the 1947 partition. Every Indian that i came across over the years in real life or through social media had views that the partition was unjust & hence should be reversed.
These conspiracy theories have been used to justify atrocities within your own country by claiming, for example, that attacks on Shia’s or suicide bombing in mosques, could have been carried out only by 'kafir Indian's because no Muslim would kill another Muslim.

Precisely to allay such imaginary fears and put them to rest forever, Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee visited Minar-e- Pakistan, and the Mausoleum of Allama Iqbal in 1999 (February 20-21, 1999). By visiting the Minar-e-Pakistan, considered a symbol of Pakistani identity, Prime Minister Vajpayee implicitly assured Pakistanis that India considered Pakistan as a separate state. In June, 2005, the BJP President Lal Krishna Advani visited Jinnah’s Mausoleum in Karachi and declared Pakistan as an ‘unalterable reality of history’.

The Prime minister speaks for most Indians. You have quoted the anti Pakistan zealots who are a miniscule entity. Therefore you are way off the mark.

Every sane person in his right mind & full working brain capacity will know how likely that is. Besides Hinduism itself is a dying religion , more and more people are leaving it or are just simply non practicing Hindus. Far right Hinduism will evaporate with time , no matter how radical they are - they won't try their crazy Akhand Bharat ideas.

Though I am not here to fight and completely against these silly religious debates but since you have told a lot about Hinduism, I'll tell you something, your knowledge on Hinduism is very low. Your misconception about Indians are very high.Indian youths don't have time to think about all the stuffs you have mentioned. They are busy with their own and their country's growth. I think our elders have paid a huge price for this partition and we can't even think of uniting with a nation for whom they paid this price and gave their life. No Indian think of unification, I think what you are saying either it's untrue or in case it's true, those people just didn't want to be to harsh on face to say, ' we will never unite with you. Just wondering how you faced so many people supporting it since in my life I haven't met such a single Indian. Hinduism is a very rational religion or philosophy whatever you may say and it allows you to adopt your lifestyle with time. It doesn't hold you in 7th century even if you are in 21st century. Example of one thing which failed to adapt with time is Dinosaur. And regarding evaporation of Hinduism with time, let me make things very clear even if Hinduism evaporates, no sane Hindu or person I should say will convert to Islam. Get this clear in your mind and don't start this kind of unnecessary hatred threads any more. It's good for none. There are many other good things to share I believe.Don't make people say harsh words from the very core which you'll not like.I hope you understood this and will never start such a cheap uncivilized thread.

N.B - Regarding the food habits you have mentioned I think I should correct it completely.

Beef Eating - Though the majority will refrain from eating but many Hindus do eat beef. You can take me as an example. I love it !! And I am not a non believer as well. I am a Hindu and proud to be one.Now regarding not eating beef, would like to mention few things. Hinduism doesn't forbid eating beef but people don't eat by choice. It's no where mentioned anywhere in our religion that you shouldn't eat beef instead there are scientific reasons due to which people avoid that. I don't want to explain those to you now. Our religion doesn't impose anything on us but allows us to live a comfortable life.

Not drinking cow milk - On this I am bound to say that you are completely in Lala land. I have never heard or met any Indian or if you want me to say any Hindu who doesn't drink milk. It's a staple for us. You should know. If someone is not taking because of medical reasons or by sheer personal choice I won't be able to comment on that.

Not having onions - It's one of the principle ingredients of our cooking. I am not sure whom you are referring. Have never heard anyone not eating onions as it's forbidden.So it's a wrong statement. Even Veggies do take onions. You might be referring to some Jains but I too have a number of Jain friends and never heard that they don't have onions. Guess you might be speaking of some fringe groups, have no idea who they are.

Drinking cow urine - On this I should say, are you crazy, who drinks cow urine. Can anyone drink that. Have never heard this thing. It might be considered as Holy in Hinduism but drinking!! Don't know from where you hear these stories. Either you are misquoting something or you might be referring to some 200-300 years old religious practice, which I am unaware. I think you claim to know more on Hinduism than Hindus!! It might be your delicacy not ours.

So in future, do gather some knowledge before posting anything. Your starting post is completely incorrect, inappropriate and inaccurate and I am completely pissed of seeing the hatred you are spreading through your post. It's just spitting venom against a certain religion instigating people to start a religious brawl and you call yourself educated.

I didn't understand this. People living in East of Indus(sindhis and Punjabis) are similar to Indians while those west of Indus (Pashtuns and Baloch) aren't.

We may not have a large Pashtun & Baloch population compared to pakistan, but there certainly are sizable communities. The bold part doesn't make any sense. When you say "Indians", that includes Punjabis, Kashmiris, Tamils, Mizos etc. Sindhis are probably culturally similar to Rajasthanis and parts of Gujarat. And pakistani Punjabis are probably a little similar to Indian Punjabis/Haryanvis. But over decades, the cultures have shifted creating their own unique distinctions.

Why are hindus still foaming at the mouth in this thread? We as Pakistanis want nothing to do with you. So get lost and get over it.

@Aeronaut, a lot has already been said in the earlier pages - I just wanted to add a small tit bit here - India is the world's largest milk producer and fifth in egg production - now where does all this milk and eggs that's produced go?

Last edited by a moderator:
EzioAltaïr;4151920 said:
Jainism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There we go, I found what I was looking for. :D

Veganism is only restricted to some of the Strict Jains like Swetambars.. I have lived with Jainis and have not seen any one in their families to be a vegan. Milk products like Paneer, Khoya etc are important part of vegetarian dishes/sweets in India.

Indians are the only ones crying on this thread.

Pakistanis want nothing to do with you.

If you want to be enemies, then fine.

If you want to live as peaceful neighbors, that is also fine.

Why are hindus still foaming at the mouth in this thread? We as Pakistanis want nothing to do with you. So get lost and get over it.

Out of 10 thousand posts you must have said that 5000 times. You are becoming stale and senile. If you have nothing to contribute then why don't you get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom