What's new

Debt Crisis in India-Will Chinese Banks Bail Out More Indian Companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debt level of India over 90% in Jan, 2012, I estimate.

Now even People running massage parlour would make estimates on Debt/GDP ratio.

and also the India sovereign bond rating is BBB-, one notch ave BB- JUNK LEVEL (Junk level = Greece or Portugal ratings), take care India friends .

Moody's upgrades India's short-term foreign currency rating from speculative to investment grade - Economic Times

Noe don't say that you do not know the difference between Short term debt and long term debt.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

India sovereign bond rating is BBB-, one notch above BB- JUNK LEVEL (Junk level = Greece or Portugal ratings), take care India friends .

Junk Bonds: Everything You Need To Know

http://img4.bbs.**********/uploadfiles/images/2012/01/31/013115252870.JPG

Good job Haq....you have some good mouth...whenever you talk something bad about India it turns Gold....
Hope members do remember your fantastic threads stating that India's day of reckoning arrives based on the plunge in the Indian Share market ever since you made that thread Sensex is on the rise like my d**k...
also not to forget your Intelligent analysis on Inflation of India and i am sorry to hurt your back by sying that food inflation remains negative and the overall inflation is on the decline....
and finally not to throw your thread on Indian Rupee constantly losing against Dollar and the moment you posted the thread Indian Rupee is on the rise....
and now this great analysis on debt by yours is going to hurt back soon...:rofl:
by the way ask for increment from your master...I really appreciate your hard work in producing ONLY BAD NEWS about India..Man you really need some hike in your earnings for this great work...:rofl:

India sovereign bond rating is BBB-, one notch above BB JUNK LEVEL (Junk level = Greece or Portugal ratings), take care India friends .

[

Correct this part idiot, Greece has CCC rating.

Indian Rupees can't buy any imports. The Arabs won't sell oil for any currency other than US $.

The Americans can and do simply print more dollars to buy stuff, and the ECB prints Euros to deal with the European debt crisis.

Indian govt and Indian companies still need US dollars. And Indians can't just print them. They have to rely on the inflows of dollars and Euros.

That's where the problem is.

Unlike China, India does not have trillions of dollars in reserves from China-like huge trade surpluses.

Haq's Musings: Soaring Chinese Imports and Twin Deficits Worry India

RMB can pay for Argentine beef, Indonesian timber, Russian oil and Japanese machinery.

What can rupees pay for?

India has hugh trade defict and debt burden, it's time to take action! "Urgent"

S&P: India may face rating downgrade
India may face rating downgrade: S&P - Indian Express

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Junk Level is Junk Level = no big difference

Troll here is what S&P says about it's own ratings

What do the letter ratings mean?

The general meaning of our credit rating opinions is summarized below.
‘AAA’—Extremely strong capacity to meet financial commitments. Highest Rating.
‘AA’—Very strong capacity to meet financial commitments.
‘A’—Strong capacity to meet financial commitments, but somewhat susceptible to adverse economic conditions and changes in circumstances.
‘BBB’—Adequate capacity to meet financial commitments, but more subject to adverse economic conditions.
‘BBB-‘—Considered lowest investment grade by market participants.
‘BB+’—Considered highest speculative grade by market participants.
‘BB’—Less vulnerable in the near-term but faces major ongoing uncertainties to adverse business, financial and economic conditions.
‘B’—More vulnerable to adverse business, financial and economic conditions but currently has the capacity to meet financial commitments.
‘CCC’—Currently vulnerable and dependent on favorable business, financial and economic conditions to meet financial commitments.
‘CC’—Currently highly vulnerable.
‘C’—Currently highly vulnerable obligations and other defined circumstances.
‘D’—Payment default on financial commitments.

Note: Ratings from ‘AA’ to ‘CCC’ may be modified by the addition of a plus (+) or minus (-) sign to show relative standing within the major rating categories.

Specific ratings are also available from Standard & Poor’s Ratings Desk by emailing ratings_request@standardandpoors.com.
S&P | Ratings Credit Ratings Definitions & FAQs | Americas

The external debt is barely higher than the Forex reserve, so I see nothing to worry about in the short term. And it's not a bad thing that we aren't selling off Indian equity to foreign investors. We don't want Indian factories to be owned by the West.

What India needs to focus on is increasing its exports like China does so that it can get foreign currency without selling its industry. But this is a long term problem, not a short term problem.

Thanks for making me laugh, you great gentleman (sorry abdulman :lol: ) yeah, we are in debt crisis what will we do now?? :sick:

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

The external debt is barely higher than the Forex reserve, so I see nothing to worry about in the short term. And it's not a bad thing that we aren't selling off Indian equity to foreign investors. We don't want Indian factories to be owned by the West.

What India needs to focus on is increasing its exports like China does so that it can get foreign currency without selling its industry. But this is a long term problem, not a short term problem.

for that you need political will and a special degree on how to break each and every rule of wto (china has a masters degreee in that u know), plus the usual CCP (Copy cat(ing) personality) :lol:

By the way, Dagong gives India a BBB credit rating. And personally, I'd trust the Dagong credit rating far more than S&P or Moody's (S&P gives the US AA+ and Moody's even gives it Aaa, while Dagong gives it a much more reasonable A).

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

for that you need political will and a special degree on how to break each and every rule of wto (china has a masters degreee in that u know), plus the usual CCP (Copy cat(ing) personality) :lol:

I personally don't give a damn about the WTO. It's designed to help the Western countries sap up third world wealth. There's no need to copycat though. We are fully capable of making our own quality products to export (though it'll certainly take political will).

sissyboy crybaby-dragon has been spotted on this thread. Hope to see some whining about some kids calling him a s/@nt eyed freak before long.

on a serious note, its all about imports/exports we still are not of that mentality to spend everything till the last drop. But its a warning that we have to flex our muscles in the export industry and as the markets are running low, export business is not working correctly. Also, a huge amount of what we earn in exports is spent on oil , our biggest import, we are spending millions on it every month, thats one of the main reasons why govt is suddenly getting interested in solar power and nuclear power, oil industry is no longer stable or viable and renewable energy (particularly geothermal,solar and nuclear) are in abudance in India. Our congrssi govt's aim is to convert 22,000 mw till 2020 in solar, then there is also a lot of things going on in wind and nuclear sectors. Anywyas, these kind of "scary" pictures must worry pakistanis not us...

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

By the way, Dagong gives India a BBB credit rating. And personally, I'd trust the Dagong credit rating far more than S&P or Moody's (S&P gives the US AA+ and Moody's even gives it Aaa, while Dagong gives it a much more reasonable A).

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

I personally don't give a damn about the WTO. It's designed to help the Western countries sap up third world wealth. There's no need to copycat though. We are fully capable of making our own quality products to export (though it'll certainly take political

will).

what's the use if it takes years of r&d and gets delayed again and again?? See, I am all for producing "quality" products but things that are already available and things that already exists need not be reinventd.. its just a waste of time and time is money my friend... plus there is usual apathy of govt towards research funding, although thats a completely different topic

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

sissyboy crybaby-dragon has been spotted on this thread. Hope to see some whining about some kids calling him a s/@nt eyed freak before long.
they are paid to troll (50 cents per post, cheap labour has no boundaries eh?? :lol:)

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

India sovereign bond rating is BBB-, one notch above BB JUNK LEVEL .........very dangerous

Indian you must take action NOW!

Junk Bonds: Everything You Need To Know

http://img4.bbs.**********/uploadfiles/images/2012/01/31/013115252870.JPG

oooh, im scared... ahhhhh :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom