What's new

Debt Strangles Pakistan’s Naval Ambitions

talks for these are ongoing
800px-Type_056_corvette_in_ShangHai.jpg
Type-56-Chinese-corvette.jpg

Type 056 corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
source fatman
Another 4-6 F-22Ps are better.

Despite recent acquisitions, PN is in a bad shape. I have heard horrid inside stories regarding obsolete equipment being used extensively. Still navy chaps are spending money lavishly on not so important personal interests.

Sorry unable to edit my post I meant was $100m per year.

Despite recent acquisitions, PN is in a bad shape. I have heard horrid inside stories regarding obsolete equipment being used extensively. Still navy chaps are spending money lavishly on not so important personal interests.

Bro told me horrid stories of Army corruption down to even mess hawaldars.

Sorry unable to edit my post I meant was $100m per year.

Bro told me horrid stories of Army corruption down to even mess hawaldars.

Yes, the Army / Military in Pakistan had the highest level of corruption till the Musharraff's time, we used to refer to these guys as "the untouchables...the Brahman's of Pakistan if you will. PN still has lots of it.

Your current COAS.....well he's a different guy all together. Many corps commanders don't like him because he's a true soldier type, comes from the most decorated family in the military and can make real tough decisions, and supports Pakistan having an actual system. You need a few of these guys and your country and the military will go far.

Navy is not getting what it was promised by the Government. All of its major projects are currently stalled due to dire financial crunch!

The government pays everyone from an account, not from their pockets, unless you expected that. If you have some money laying around, may want to give it to your country as a loan.

The Navy has been neglected, the AF and the Army have taken priority so far. IMO, the PAF and the PN should now be the major focus for the next 5 years but the ongoing operation will keep the Army the main focus. But once Gawader becomes operational and the services begin, life for the PN should change. 3 years post Gawader becoming operational, the PN should get about 3-5 billion infusion for 2-3 years to expand her operations and buy new equipment as it'll need to protect the trade routes.

Plus once the growth starts, the Chinese will offer advanced equipment on favorable terms to PN as they want all cargo and trade through Gawader to be protected. Pakistan will be passing through about 300-400 million consumer's goods, oil, gas etc, inside China. That's almost a quarter of the Chinese population. So PN's growth is about to start in the next 3 years. Expect a mini regional fleet around 50-80 ships and about 30+ FAC's with about 3-4 Naval air squadrons in the next 5-10 years.

Last edited:
PN can acquire these to protect and prevent any disruption of our trade route (if there are any) in case of any future conflict.

History_Vikings_Viking_Ships_SF_HD_still_624x352.jpg

In case if they can not afford the above ship...they can opt for these instead....with ToT of course:

canoe4.jpg

PN can acquire these to protect and prevent any disruption of our trade route (if there are any) in case of any future conflict.

History_Vikings_Viking_Ships_SF_HD_still_624x352.jpg

In case if they can not afford the above ship...they can opt for these instead....with ToT of course:

canoe4.jpg

I think you are right. You do need a weapon system on these lethal boats though. Put some bay watch girls on it in bikini, they'll give the enemy a "befitting response" as your military offer states :rofl:

They should have now scrap up the old equipment. All of it and produce latest one locally.

Its PN mistake to not produce 6-8 F-22Ps in the first phase along with 10-12 FACs, Tugs, STUS, Logistical ships, 4-6 Tankers, Landing Crafts and other equipment.

Sorry Dude cant always blame debt or government. It is pn's own fault first not producing more of agosta 90's when they definitely had chance(S) yes (S) not a one chance but multiple. then again they ignored f22p after inducting 4. Something is better than nothing Type 054A is good in AA otherwise its as good as f22p. But I remember this news that jf17 with cm 400AKG I think this jf17's induction of CM 400AKG is good force multiplier. They still can buy stuff. its just that their own commission gets low its not like pn is angel there is corruption too they do get funds if not for frigates than atleast azmat type FACS.
But I am not worried at all if pn gets or not any more ships we are nuclear power, Not saying we will surely use it always but still its what keeps our enemies sleeping otherwise there had be by now at least two more indo paks or might even US intervention in our country.

Sorry Dude cant always blame debt or government. It is pn's own fault first not producing more of agosta 90's when they definitely had chance(S) yes (S) not a one chance but multiple. then again they ignored f22p after inducting 4. Something is better than nothing Type 054A is good in AA otherwise its as good as f22p. But I remember this news that jf17 with cm 400AKG I think this jf17's induction of CM 400AKG is good force multiplier. They still can buy stuff. its just that their own commission gets low its not like pn is angel there is corruption too they do get funds if not for frigates than atleast azmat type FACS.
But I am not worried at all if pn gets or not any more ships we are nuclear power, Not saying we will surely use it always but still its what keeps our enemies sleeping otherwise there had be by now at least two more indo paks or might even US intervention in our country.
Bro, producing something in one`s own country also requires funds which PN does not have.
P.S.I see no reason to blame PN.Even with this meagre budget,they have PN up and running with something

Dont buy Frigates, Buy Submarines. We have the best in Portugal, with some Type 214 you will keep the Indian Navy very far away in any war. Becouse if they try to blocade your ports, you sunk their aircraft carriers. Buy many SAM/AAA to defend your submarine base and prepare to defend youself by land, after you sunk a Carrier your Submarine Base will be a top priority land target.

Dont buy Frigates, Buy Submarines. We have the best in Portugal, with some Type 214 you will keep the Indian Navy very far away in any war. Becouse if they try to blocade your ports, you sunk their aircraft carriers. Buy many SAM/AAA to defend your submarine base and prepare to defend youself by land, after you sunk a Carrier your Submarine Base will be a top priority land target.

i would agree
depends upon your priorities

Back
Top Bottom