What's new

Defective INSAS, Army wants new AK-47s

From what I know, INSAS was designed to cause damage to the target than killing it. The AK was designed for firepower, and the M-16s were designed for accuracy hence compromising firepower.

Actually I feel very wierd when people is this rifle better than other, is this plane better than other, is this tank better than other.

What I feel is everything is designed for a purpose and that it does well, everything else is fan boy story and apple to orange comparision.

From what I know, INSAS was designed to cause damage to the target than killing it. The AK was designed for firepower, and the M-16s were designed for accuracy hence compromising firepower.

Actually I feel very wierd when people is this rifle better than other, is this plane better than other, is this tank better than other.

What I feel is everything is designed for a purpose and that it does well, everything else is fan boy story and apple to orange comparision.

agreed and also it depends on what type of ammo you are using

Common bullet types

AP - Armor Piercing

BT - Boat Tail

CP - Cone Point

FMJ - Full Metal Jacketed

GLASER Safety Slug

JFP - Jacketed Flat Point

JHP - Jacketed HollowPoint

JSP - Jacketed SoftPoint

JRN - Jacketed Round Nose

Hydrashock - Commercial name of HP bullet with axially placed rod for improved expansion

L - Lead

LHP - Lead HollowPoint

LRN - Lead RoundNose

LSW - Lead SemiWadcutter

LWC - Lead WadCutter

* - SJ ESC isn't a common bullet type name. I used this acronym to designate special armor-piercing Semi-Jacketed Exposed Steel Core bullets, designed to deal with modern army-style bulletproof jackets, made of kevlar and titanium or composite armor plates. Those bullets has aluminium jacket with hardened steel core, exposed and pointed at the nose of the bullet.

THV - Tres Haute Vitesse

bullets3.gif

b1_1221.jpg

sorry off topic i bought a desert eagle yesterday and its an awesome gun man

why insas have no auto mode how you manage in CQC type situations?
why the hell a 5.56mm rifle holds only 20 bullets at max in its magazine ,even an AK47 holds more than that although using heavier bullets & with full auto .

if 5.56 mm bullet not effective for terrorist then why not use hollow point 5.56mm bullet ,it will do the job(for CQC) in one shot with wide exit wound .

i think INSAS is nice weapon just it needs some minor modifications & some cosmetic changes .I hate that orange paint job it looks too eye catchy ,not good in combat situations .........

Last edited:
Indian friends always said their gun is best now this is proof by your own army how bad it is so next time when friends you defend anything be sure it is worth becoz Arjun is another proofed failure and many more which i dont want to mention before you respected friends point friends on other be sure to seee indside you first if you put pakistan AK and arjun to any military analyst even from you russian friend will go for AK

Indian friends always said their gun is best now this is proof by your own army how bad it is so next time when friends you defend anything be sure it is worth becoz Arjun is another proofed failure and many more which i dont want to mention before you respected friends point friends on other be sure to seee indside you first if you put pakistan AK and arjun to any military analyst even from you russian friend will go for AK

yes yes AK, JF17 are all the best in the world

@ topic

i know this is an old article but has the overheating problem been solved? i think its the biggest setback

btw its proved and not "proofed"
Lo...l u might argue even ur version of english is better.

Btw do u actually read what people post or do you have a filter in ur brain that automatically shuts ur brain down from registering anything worthwhile while raking in anything and everything thats offers you a a slight chance of showing some juveline behavior and bursting out "ha ha ours is better"

From insas to Al-KH? seriously??

^^ oooo serious drool maal.....congos bro for owning the much fabled handgun of our times.

Insas is a good riffle which was designed as per Army's given specifications and earlier version has some issues which were fixed and current version is much better than earlier versions.

And why are you bringing Arjun and AK in Insas riffle's thread. And Russian friend will like AK , yes they like AK very much and they wana replance their T-90 series with AK ???
Come on yaar Elite member ban gaye lekin baate wahin ke wahin hain? Grow up.....:devil:

Heres my ideal small arms inventory for regular forces (not special forces):

Close quarters: MP7 (9mm)

Assault rifle: AK 12 with (rear peep sights)(7.62 soviet)
LMG: RPK 12 (7.62 soviet)

GPMG: FN MAG 50 (bipod/buttstock) (7.62 NATO)
Marksman: FN FAL modernized (7.62 NATO)

Sniper: Gepard Lynx (.50)
HMG: M2 (.50)

4 calibers, covers any scenario

All platforms are proven, and all have modern variants.

Guns that would be phased out:

INSAS
old AK variants
Old FN FAL variants
INSAS LMG

Back
Top Bottom