What's new

Defence.pk pays tribute to Nelson Mandela.

I doubt he said anything about Jinnah....leaders like Jinnah, Nehru etc. were NOT globally acclaimed...

unfortunately the indians are taught distorted history, hence unaware of the stature.

thank God he wasnt Aryans or u wud be xplainin n givin me a long history of him here instead of dat one line answer:lol:

I already explained the history of the Indo-Iranian people & the Kurgan hypothesis to you so there is no need to do it again. :lol: Anyway, let's not derail this thread. I will respond to your other post in a while. :)

We send our deepest and most heartfelt condolences to Nelson Mandela’s friends, family, and the people of his nation. President Obama had this to say: “Today, the United States has lost a close friend, South Africa has lost an incomparable liberator, and the world has lost an inspiration for freedom, justice, and human dignity -- Nelson Mandela is no longer with us, he belongs to the ages. While we mourn his loss, we will forever honor Nelson Mandela's memory. He left behind a South Africa that is free and at peace with itself -- a close friend and partner of the United States. And his memory will be kept in the hearts of billions who have been lifted up by the power of his example.”

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command

very sad incident , but well human body is not to remain but his thought and actions are something to last for a long time.

on side note , It's funny that he was on the USA terror watch list until 2008 when George w. Bush pardoned him . it's really hilarious that a man like bush must pardon a man like Mandela .

another question , why you guys compare Mandela with Gandhi . he was not that peaceful at the time of the revolution after it for some reason I don't knew they followed a peaceful approach.

so I believe he was a great a man who had a vision that fought for it , but not necessarily a peaceful man .

We all realize that Mandela was a hero during the struggle against apartheid.

What makes him a real hero in my eyes, is what he did after he took power.

The way he brought together diverse groups, and tried to create harmony in a region that was subjected to prejudice and hate for a long time. This is leadership quality that very few leaders have possessed in the human history.

I truly admire him for he did for his country after he became the leader.

I wish Pakistan will some day be blessed with a leader like him.

A leader who will rid our country from the religious bigotry, prejudice towards minorities, and make us all good global citizens.

where Pakistan will contribute to regional as well as global peace with all of its capabilities and all of its resources.

peace on earth

nelson mendela who?:undecided:
Do you read newspapers?

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...N2fhs9TSZZ5l_YIWFdS_efQ&bvm=bv.57752919,d.bmk

We all realize that Mandela was a hero during the struggle against apartheid.

What makes him a real hero in my eyes, is what he did after he took power.

The way he brought together diverse groups, and tried to create harmony in a region that was subjected to prejudice and hate for a long time. This is leadership quality that very few leaders have possessed in the human history.

I truly admire him for he did for his country after he became the leader.

I wish Pakistan will some day be blessed with a leader like him.

A leader who will rid our country from the religious bigotry, prejudice towards minorities, and make us all good global citizens.

where Pakistan will contribute to regional as well as global peace with all of its capabilities and all of its resources.

peace on earth

I wish the same happens in India.

Sub-continent definitely needs better leaders.

Mandela Arrives In Tehran, Lays Wreath At Khomeini Shrine

AP , Associated Press
Jul. 21, 1992

NICOSIA, CYPRUS NICOSIA, Cyprus (AP) _ Nelson Mandela placed a wreath at Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini's shrine on Tuesday in acknowledgment of Iran's steadfast stand against apartheid, Tehran radio reported.

Iran, which often refers to itself as the defender of the world's oppressed people, has been among the most outspoken Middle Eastern countries in condemning apartheid. It has vowed not to establish ties with South Africa until apartheid has been completely dismantled.

''We are here to thank the Iranian government and nation for their support in the black people's struggle against apartheid,'' the radio quoted Mandela as saying after arriving in Tehran Tuesday. The report was monitored in Nicosia.

The Islamic Republic News Agency, also monitored in Cyprus, said that during his visit Mandela will confer with President Hashemi Rafsanjani, Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Velayati and Minister of Culture and Islamic Guidance Ali Larijani.

Mandela Arrives In Tehran, Lays Wreath At Khomeini Shrine

Great man! ... there will never be one like him and Gandhi

Of course, Gandhi is the father of your nation India. So you need to bring him up.

Mandela fought for the freedom of his people.

He went home now, best wishs, I think that Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Gandhi, three great men on nonviolence movement

Read up in history, Mandela was not non-violent.

To the last Gandhian.. RIP
what the heck is Gandhian?

Gandhian? Was Gandhian even a philosophical/political school of thoughts. Indians sure can find the most absurd way to claim credit on just about anything that is remotely linked to India.

RIP to great man.
Of course, Gandhi is the father of your nation India. So you need to bring him up.

Mandela fought for the freedom of his people.

Read up in history, Mandela was not non-violent.

what the heck is Gandhian?

I think they meant he was like the Gandhi of South Africa, that used non violent resistance tactics similar to MK Gandhi.

On topic: May his soul rest in peace. He truly was and still is an inspiration to those whom wanted to rid the world of imperialism and intolerance.

According to you, which country has the best team?

A friend of mine just emailed me about Mandela's death and is what I replied back to him.

----------------------------------------------
Hey, no, I have not heard the news about Mandela. Indeed: RIP! I too remember him from way back. Though I was a bit indifferent--because uninformed-- South Africa was on my radar a bit because it’s cricket team was banned to play international games because of the Apartheid. Then the TV in Pakistan started showing news related to Mandela’s release from jail. I felt an instant empathy and sympathy: Oh, poor guy, being jailed for so long. How cruel.
Needless to say, the ban against SA cricket was lifted and they are now #1 Test Cricket team in the world--in fact, they just thrashed Pakistani cricket team in UAE a few weeks ago.

May he rest in piece in his religion a great men who even forgave those who held him 27 years in jail.
Piece?
RIP to a great man!

Last edited:
I think they meant he was like the Gandhi of South Africa, that used non violent resistance tactics similar to MK Gandhi.

On topic: May his soul rest in peace. He truly was and still is an inspiration to those whom wanted to rid the world of imperialism and intolerance.

He was forgiving. But he picked up arms against the apartheid government.

Learn to use google. Chinese can bring their ignorance and arrogance in just about every thread.

Gandhi's Tolstoy Farm
the state response isn't any better.

China, in common with the rest of the world, is marking the death of Nelson Mandela.

But on waking to the news this morning, China's leaders faced a difficult task: how to refer to the man most closely associated with the struggle for freedom and democracy, without actually referring to either freedom or democracy - two things that make the Communist Party distinctly nervous here?

Also tricky - any mention of Nelson Mandela's time as the world's most famous political prisoner - China still has people locked-up for their political views, such as Nobel Peace prize winner Liu Xiaobo (who called for democracy). Which also meant that China's tribute to Nelson Mandela couldn't refer to his Nobel Prize either.

So by the end, President Xi Jinping's message of condolence was, compared to the other major world leaders, a little flat.

Mr Mandela, he said, was "a world renowned politician" who had led the South African people to victory in the "anti-apartheid struggle" after a "hard and extraordinary effort over a long period of time" (no reference to 27 years in prison).

Mandela's legacy? "The Chinese people will always remember his outstanding contributions to the China-South Africa relationship and the course of progress of mankind."

BBC News - How to praise Mandela?

Back
Top Bottom