What's new

Defense Minister Liang: China still 20 to 30 years behind in terms of weaponry

When we talk about weaponry. I think China is 20-30 years behind. And this gap is growing. But when we want to measure when will China will catch US in term of technology. This date is not in the horizon yet.

^ Total rubbish. Which will enter service first? F-35 or J-20?

I believe in technology china will not try to play catch up with US in every fields that it is strong in but will undertake generation leap in less ventured technologies and concentrate their resources in a few strategic areas - The recent push for green energy adoption can attest to that mindset.

When in the future US economy needs extra push China will find herself in a better position to cooperate with US in their other technological areas, and negotiate on more advantageous terms.

Just like in defense china seeks to develop game changer platforms rather than compete head on with the US in every field.

It's different for each aspect.

For example, China may be only 5 years behind the US in laser weapons development

However, China may be 30 years behind the US in naval ships

It really depends on what field.

SSN and SSBN: ~20 years roughly
Marine gas turbine: ~15 years (give or take)
System intergration and network centric warfare: 30 years (Requires a complete overhaul of doctrine from the strategic to individual level)

it remind me of one of the - best south park series - when American come to attack china and then Chinese go.

o u almighty Americans we are small people with small ..D....K..- how dare can we achive big things like you ameircan with humangus .......

we are nowhere close to you big ......people.

american rednecks look at them - and forget what they came to do- instead saying - its ok,,,,, we are going now we are busy people with lot of stuff to do with our big ......

-xx--x-x-x-x-x

what china have done today is make american simply realise that we are not too far behind you. if you can do it we can bloody well do it too.

and they have forced American offensive stance to come defensive.

good going china rest of the world need to learn a lil from them.

India has learnt from china. we have convinced west that India has lesser nuclear weapons than Pakistan but in reality our nuclear program has produced much more number of nukes.

India has learnt from china. we have convinced west that India has lesser nuclear weapons than Pakistan but in reality our nuclear program has produced much more number of nukes.

thank you for telling me you indian success in fooling west but i dont think you guys succeed.

If this is the case, then all the world government would know. The reality is that any slight achieve would be broadcasted from all the major indian media. And the foreign spies can gather the accurate information from the original source. Unfortunately, the Indian beauracracy, which leaded the news, exaggerate the news to the higher ups. As a result, western gov most likely know more about the capabilities of the Indian forces than the Indian president himself.

^ Total rubbish. Which will enter service first? F-35 or J-20?

You know what I say is true. You talk totally like an Indian when it comes to bragging about China. Very unChinese like.

It really depends on what field.

SSN and SSBN: ~20 years roughly
Marine gas turbine: ~15 years (give or take)
System intergration and network centric warfare: 30 years (Requires a complete overhaul of doctrine from the strategic to individual level)

SSBN is proabably 40 years.

I would put C4I and network centric warfare about 20 or 15 years behind US. PLA has numerous digital regiments in service and China has unveiled multiple variants of the "digital" soldier program that have recently completed development. C4I integration for land, naval, and air systems are all nearing late development stage, especially with COMPASS navigation system and satellites.

well china is clearly not as rich as the USA and thus must pick areas where it can realistically compete and focus on those(and definitely on areas of weakness for america), once the economy is as large as the us they then can complete against america in every field though starting from a lower base it still must focus on some area and less so on others

thank you for reminding me of the racist nature of the US. AmeriKKKa's right wing losers have been given a resounding slap, and they're still crying and rubbing their face. This is not simply an achievement for China, this is an achievement for all developing countries, who say to the western imperialists and their bought and paid for traitors: no more.

First of all, that episode talk about the japanese. Second of all, South Park makes fun of EVERYBODY. Jews, Japanese, Chinese, Rednecks, Whites, Blackes, Bush, Obama, Canadiens, Latinos, Mormons, and everybody that walks the face of the earth. The makers of the show are left wing. You really hate Ameriikkka, dont you. Lol.....

SSBN is proabably 40 years.

I would put C4I and network centric warfare about 20 or 15 years behind US. PLA has numerous digital regiments in service and China has unveiled multiple variants of the "digital" soldier program that have recently completed development. C4I integration for land, naval, and air systems are all nearing late development stage, especially with COMPASS navigation system and satellites.
The major problems with Chinese SSN and SSBN are nuclear reactor and propulsion system, with weaponary and sensor being lesser concern. Once those are overcome, the gap can be quickly narrowed down to ~5 years. The biggest disastisfaction with the current 093 line is that it is too slow.

As far as NCW goes, they are doing bits and pieces of it. However, none of which suggested they successfully intergrated them. They are in the transition zone atm, and quick far behind United States.

Back
Top Bottom