What's new

Defexpo - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Snecma-DRDO deal only on papers.. One minor and one major issue.. Big Money that Snecma wants and major one being they want share in production also..

Not surprising when you are at the upper hand of the table, with us desperate on the other side.

GTRE is now targeting AURA and AMCA..AMCA engine to be developed with french help.

What about integrating it into Rafale or LCA MK2, anything on that?

MDL will produce 4 and GRSE will produce 3 and the work will start simultaneously.
All the designing work will be handled by GRSE(superior designing team). They have also achieved some significant breakthrough in Noise reduction working on Kamotra class Corvette..
WELL KOCKUM AB IS HELPING THEM, THE CREATOR OF GHOST TECHNOLOGY AND VISBY CORVETTE.

@ Swati Shukla
iS THE DESIGN FINALIZED YET ??? BECAUSE UNTIL THEN THE WORK WILL NOT START

By June, all 88(!) changes/improvements will be made and trials will start from that month only.
No Over weight issues with the tank.. Army impressed by the MkII..
APS to be provided by Israel. Gun Same as Arjun I. Yeap, Some changes in the Turret.
Movable Headlights(!).
Acc. to CVRDE it Will be the Best Tank in the world!!
I HOPE ITS NOT SELF PRAISE...

FMBT to be a completely Different tank and designing work has already started. It's weight to be 1/3rd of the Arjun(!).
First prototype by 2018, by 2020 development to be completed..
THATS JUST STUPIDITY....WHY NEW DESIGN ??? THEY WANNA MAKE LIGHT TANKS OR A MAIN BATTLE TANK ??? THIS MUCH REDUCTION MEANS THAT THE TANK STRUCTURE WON'T BE MUCH STRONG (UNLESS SOME GROUND BREAKING FINDING IN MATERIALS), I JUST HOPE THWY HAVE PLANS FOR A VERY VERY GOOD APC AND THEY DEVELOP A FAST MBT.

Arjun MkIII to be there also..
FMBT AND ARJUN MK3 ??? I THINK DEVELOPMENT OF ARJUN MK3 SHOULD BE LEFT TO PRIVATE SECTOR AND THE TWO CAN THEN COMPETE WITH THEIR RESPECTIVE PROTOTYPE IN THE END OR MAKE ARJUN MK3 THE FUTURE MAIN BATTLE TANK AND FMBT THE FUTURE LIGHT/INTERMEDIATE/MEDIUM BATTLE TANK WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT.

The Snecma-DRDO deal only on papers.. One minor and one major issue.. Big Money that Snecma wants and major one being they want share in production also..
81kn is the highest thrust that Kaveri has produced till date.. GTRE is now targeting AURA and AMCA..
AMCA engine to be developed with french help. Will have TVC. Using Kaveri for naval purposes on plan(!).
@ Swati Shukla
sO THE K10 KAVERI WHICH WE WILL MAKE WITH THE FRENCH HELP WILL BE THE NEXT GEN ENGINE SUITABLE FOR POWERING A 5TH GEN AIRCRAFT ?? THAT MEAN IR SIGNATURE WILL BE LESS ??

LCH to take another 2 years.. A more powerful engine planned to increase it's speed upto 281kmph and increase it's payload..
sO IT WILL GET HEAVIER ??? I THOUGHT THEY CONCENTRATED ALOT ON LIGHTNESS ? ALSO ARE THERE PLANS FOR fire control radar TO BE INSTALLED ON LCH ??

Trichy rifle is being inducted by para military forces. Performing well.
THATS GOOD NEWS

A new MCIAR{Multi Caliber Infantry Assault Rifle(most probably cause i forgot it's name, t was something like this)} rifle for F-INSAS under development. First prototype to be out in may.
Gonna be a big leap for indigenous rifle production. State of the Art. Highly Advanced. Army interested.
@ Swati Shukla
WHAT ABOUT THE REPORTS OF DESIGN GETTING APPROVAL AND PRODUCTION STARTING FROM FEB THIS YEAR ??? ALSO HOW DOES IT LOOK, IS IT JUST LIKE THE ONCE SHOWN IN POSTERS ???

OFB not producing Ammo of Tavor.
i HOPE ITS GONNA CHANGE IN THE FUTURE.

A mark 2 version of Pinaka under Development. Range to be increased upto 60kms..
TO BE TESTED THIS YEAR. THERE'S ALSO A AKASH MK2 WITH RANGE OF 40-45 KM

An UCAV under development who's name definitely wasn't AURA..
THATS BECAUSE THEY CHANGED THE NAME OF AURA TO Indian Unmanned Strike Air Vehicle (IUSAV). IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE DESIGN AND ITS DIFFERENT THEN IT MIGHT BE A DIFFERENT PROJECT BUT I THINK ITS THE SAME PROJECT WITH DIFFERENT NAME.

What about integrating it into Rafale or LCA MK2, anything on that?
I DON'T THINK THIS ENGINE IS COMING ANY TIME SOON. I THINK IT WILL TAKE ITS FIRST FLIGHT IN 5 YEARS AND BY 2020 THIS ENGINE WILL ENTER IN SERIVCE. BY THAT TIME 2-3 SQUADRON OF BOTH LCA MK2 AND RAFALE WILL ENTER THE SERVICE.
fRANCE HAVE ALREADY AGREED TO PUT K10 ON RAFALE, THE BALL IS NOW IN INDIAN COURT.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT LCA, IT WILL GET K10 WHEN ITS HALF LIFE UPGRADE WILL COME.

Not surprising when you are at the upper hand of the table, with us desperate on the other side.
YEAH IF THEY ARE DOING THIS DISCUSSION SEPARATELY AND NOT INCLUDING IT IN MMRCA. IN MMRCA, ASKING FOR ENGINE IS NOTHING....THEY CAN ASK FOR THIS IN OFFSET, SNECMA WILL HAVE TO FOLLOW THE OFFSET ANYWAYS IN MMRCA.

I DON'T THINK THIS ENGINE IS COMING ANY TIME SOON. I THINK IT WILL TAKE ITS FIRST FLIGHT IN 5 YEARS AND BY 2020 THIS ENGINE WILL ENTER IN SERIVCE. BY THAT TIME 2-3 SQUADRON OF BOTH LCA MK2 AND RAFALE WILL ENTER THE SERVICE.
fRANCE HAVE ALREADY AGREED TO PUT K10 ON RAFALE, THE BALL IS NOW IN INDIAN COURT.

Snecma said that the engine could be available in 3 years and even if testing would require 2 more years, it would be ready for additional LCA MK2, since only around 80 will come with GE 414 engine so far and with the induction around 2017. Also, by the fact that MMRCA is planned for 3 years after signing the contract, licence production could only start by 2016 the earliest. That's why I'm interested if the option to put it on our licence produced Rafales is real or not, because apart from the early reports no confirmation came afterwards.

Btw, any issues with your caps lock? :)

Snecma said that the engine could be available in 3 years and even if testing would require 2 more years, it would be ready for additional LCA MK2, since only around 80 will come with GE 414 engine so far and with the induction around 2017.
DON'T BE OVERCONFIDENT ABOUT THIS. YOU SAW THE DCNS-MDL FIASCO. MDL AND OTHER INDIAN COMPANIES ARE ABLE TO ABSOB THE TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER, THE CONDITION IS PRETTY BAD, ITS EVEN POSSIBLE THAT WE DON'T GO FOR FULL TOT THAT WE HAD ASKED FOR AS OUR COMPANIES AND SHIPYARDS ARE NOT FIT TO ABSORB THEM.
SNECMA SAID 3 YEARS BUT WE HAVE TO SEE HOW INDIAN COUNTERPART HANDLES THE NEW TECHNOLOGY. IF INDIA WOULD HAVE ASKED SNECMA TO MAKE THE ENGINE FOR THEM, THEN THIS TIMELINE WAS OK BUT GTRE INSISTS ON PARTICIPATING, ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN.
ALSO YOU ARE RIGHT, LATER LCA WILL DEFINITELY GET K10 WHILE THE OTHERS WILL GET K10 DURING THEIR MID-LIFE UPGRADE.

Also, by the fact that MMRCA is planned for 3 years after signing the contract, licence production could only start by 2016 the earliest. That's why I'm interested if the option to put it on our licence produced Rafales is real or not, because apart from the early reports no confirmation came afterwards.
fRENCH THEMSELVES CAME WITH THIS OFFER. THEY THOUGHT IT MIGHT GIVE THEM EXTRA POINTS TO WIN THE COMPETITION, SO THEY OFFERED TO PUT KAVERI IN INDIAN RAFALE WHEN IT WILL GET READY BUT OF COURSE IF THE INDIANS WANT IT.

Btw, any issues with your caps lock?
YEAH, SORRY ABOUT THAT. I WILL TRY TO REPAIR THE KEY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Guys you must go thru this page "Nikah with non-Muslim without conversion illegal: Deoband" if you missed the action It has got the record of the fastest closed thread in the History of PDF.
WHY WAS IT POSTED IN DEFENCE SECTION ANYWAYS....

@ Swati Shukla AND OTHERS WHO WENT TO SEE THE DEFEXPO

iS THERE ANY PICTURE OR MODEL OF ARJUN MK2, I MEAN HOW IT WILL LOOK WHEN ALL THE CHANGES WILL BE MADE TO IT ??/

HALBIT COCKPIT

halbitng2.jpg

halbitng3.jpg

------------------------------------------

Okie Big scoop from DEFEXPO, TATA has developed a new mounted artillery system with DENEL( no less) it's basically the DENEL T6 CONDOR gun that was originally developed for the IA before DENEL was banned, it is now mounted on the TATA 8X8 . also they are in the running to sell it to Indonesia with TATA supplyiing much of the electronics and targeting systems and the main Carrier vehicle before final integration in south Africa.

Also the BHIM will be back soon in the form of the Zuzana gun mounted on the ARJUN MK 2 turret i got this from a PRO of DRDO no less( it helps to be insanely nosy). Arty is looking good folks.
I have a video of the TATA gun will upload ASAP.

MORE INFO...

TE Displays and Demonstrates Latest Next-Gen Solutions at DEFEXPO

TE Connectivity (TE) features some of its latest next-gen solutions at the show:
High Speed Box-to-Box Solutions supporting next generation platforms, helicopters, UAVs, missiles and soldier systems. Avionic systems today typically run at speeds up to 1 gigabit. The next generation of interconnect products are demanding 1-10GB end-to-end solutions. TE achieves this performance level via connectors, cables and terminations matched for high speed performance.
HarnWare, re-engineered harness design software uses the latest Microsoft programming tools to offer improvements in performance and enhance the user interface.
Spin Lock variable-angle backshell, designed for durability and better shielding, can be full sealed.
Tinel-Lock screen termination system simplifies field and factory repairs by eliminating the need for cutting tools and allowing the ring to be removed with pliers.
High Temp Sealing Tape bi-layer, side-entry, heat-recoverable sealing product for wire harness bundles saves time and resources.
These cutting-edge products and solutions are on display in Hall 14, Booth 14.12.

MILITARY TECHNOLOGY: TE Displays and Demonstrates Latest Next-Gen Solutions at DEFEXPO

Camero's XAVER Family of STTW solutions on Display

Camero is displaying the XAVER Family of Sense-Through-The-Wall (STTW) solutions at DefExpo. The XAVER family delivers real-time situation awareness for observing multiple stationary and moving objects concealed behind walls or barriers.
Utilising advanced micropower radar technology, Camero offers a comprehensive solution for Through-Wall Imaging. Providing a revolutionary tactical advantage, the XAVER system delivers real-time knowledge of whether there are people present, how many, and where they are situated. The system features a first-of-its-kind capability to map the general shape of the room infrastructure behind the wall with high sensitivity for simultaneous detection of non moving live objects, allowing effective preparation, enhancing mission success, and delivering a life-saving operational advantage.
Camero's XAVER line of products has been successfully deployed by elite customers around the world, used for both military and Homeland Security applications. The Xaver Family provides soldiers and law enforcement teams with unprecedented Situation Awareness, saving lives by delivering significant improvements in information gathering, anti-terror activities, hostage rescue, anti-narcotics operations, and many other urban operations and missions.

MILITARY TECHNOLOGY: Camero's XAVER Family of STTW solutions on Display

IS THIS ELECTRONIC WARFARE SYSTEM, THE CONTRACT FOR WHICH TATA POWER SED WON ???

537918_10150781344410775_506990774_12050196_1461219284_n.jpg

@angeldemon_007 bro pls go easy on the caps lock. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom