What's new

Defexpo - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
IS THIS ELECTRONIC WARFARE SYSTEM, THE CONTRACT FOR WHICH TATA POWER SED WON ???

537918_10150781344410775_506990774_12050196_1461219284_n.jpg

It could be but of course from the outside it is pretty hard to tell, it could be a C&C vehicle, signal station, mobile EW system, tactical communication station etc

India's missile manufacturer Bharat Dynamics Ltd brochure video

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprising when you are at the upper hand of the table, with us desperate on the other side.

What about integrating it into Rafale or LCA MK2, anything on that?

Don't know about Rafael or Mk2 but they said they are targeting AURA and AMCA.. The Project has picked up pace in last 4-5 years and now they have achieved a certain degree of maturity. They know their Engine well and now focusing on increasing it's Thrust. Their are 9 prototypes of the engine(K1-K9) all undergoing different tests.
Lack of test facilities and infrastructure.
But a new Testing facility for Kaveri coming up soon which will give a boost to the development..

WELL KOCKUM AB IS HELPING THEM, THE CREATOR OF GHOST TECHNOLOGY AND VISBY CORVETTE.

@ Swati Shukla
iS THE DESIGN FINALIZED YET ??? BECAUSE UNTIL THEN THE WORK WILL NOT START

No, i mean to say the work on design to start soon..
And yeah, he was saying that the last 3/4 ships of 17A will have full Composite hull to further reduce it's weight and RCS..
HOPE ITS NOT SELF PRAISE...
Hope So.. But the men seem to be very frank and confident.

@ Swati Shukla
sO THE K10 KAVERI WHICH WE WILL MAKE WITH THE FRENCH HELP WILL BE THE NEXT GEN ENGINE SUITABLE FOR POWERING A 5TH GEN AIRCRAFT ?? THAT MEAN IR SIGNATURE WILL BE LESS ??
Yeap.. Don't know about IR signature... But the main hurdle is that they want share in production also which GOI and DRDO are very much against.

sO IT WILL GET HEAVIER ??? I THOUGHT THEY CONCENTRATED ALOT ON LIGHTNESS ? ALSO ARE THERE PLANS FOR fire control radar TO BE INSTALLED ON LCH ??

idk about weight.. He said there are plans for a more powerful engine..
He said the EW suite is not indian right now but HAL has made a new Unit esp. for designing the EW suite which will work with DRDO. Don't know abt the Radar. May be after the engine upgrade.. who knows?

Tejas-N will have A more powerful GE engine than F414 something like IN### i guess.. because it will need
more power to take off from a small landing/takeoff strip.
Front landing gear completely redesigned because it will have to bear the most pressure while landing. The cockpit too redesigned so that the pilot can see clearly the landing strip while landing.

@ Swati Shukla
WHAT ABOUT THE REPORTS OF DESIGN GETTING APPROVAL AND PRODUCTION STARTING FROM FEB THIS YEAR ??? ALSO HOW DOES IT LOOK, IS IT JUST LIKE THE ONCE SHOWN IN POSTERS ???
He said that it's under development and till now no picture is out in the public. He said all the problems of Insas were rectified and some structural problems were because of low quality material used by OFB and it's contractors..
He said no new research was allowed by Govt. on Insas after it was handed over to OFB other than rectifying the errors like Mk2,3 versions which has some deeper meaning. It would have made the rifle ultra modern till now..

THATS BECAUSE THEY CHANGED THE NAME OF AURA TO Indian Unmanned Strike Air Vehicle (IUSAV). IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE DESIGN AND ITS DIFFERENT THEN IT MIGHT BE A DIFFERENT PROJECT BUT I THINK ITS THE SAME PROJECT WITH DIFFERENT NAME.
Yes Sir, i guess this was the name that he used...

@ Swati Shukla AND OTHERS WHO WENT TO SEE THE DEFEXPO
iS THERE ANY PICTURE OR MODEL OF ARJUN MK2, I MEAN HOW IT WILL LOOK WHEN ALL THE CHANGES WILL BE MADE TO IT ??/

No there wasn't any pic other than the video..
The Arjun with all the improvements will come out in June for trials which will look a little different..

@Swati Shukla, if there is anymore tid-bits/anecdotes you got from the Expo please free to share.

@swati what is the update with the amca? has the design been finalized? we saw some cad pics last year. seems like they r working on it. so it should be ready soon. whats the update.

@swati what is the update with the amca? has the design been finalized? we saw some cad pics last year. seems like they r working on it. so it should be ready soon. whats the update.

No sir, The design is not freezed yet And will Undergo a lot of changes. The designing is going on and they are using powerful supercomputers for it..

And you said the F-INSAS rifle will be shown in May? Will the public see it???

No, no.. It's first prototype will be out for testing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom