dsc02590a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OFB Wheeled 105mm SPGH

dsc02656i.jpg

dsc02658wz.jpg

dsc02659v.jpg

dsc02664wq.jpg

dsc02665ow.jpg

When asked abt its i came to know its targeted for BSF..

Field trials are done and its ready to be inducted in BSF..

This system was never targeted for Army..

Okay, there is one thing I've noticed about Indian made systems in general. When it comes to paint - most other armies go for the matte texture on trucks, jeeps etc. But IA seems to prefer the glossy finish.

Any reason for this?

BEML SPGH wheeled & tracked.. Arjun MBT chassis

dsc02632al.jpg

dsc02624i.jpg

Ashok Leyland tactical vehicle
colt-600x399.jpg

Ashok Leyland Fox

fox_0.jpg

Okay, there is one thing I've noticed about Indian made systems in general. When it comes to paint - most other armies go for the matte texture on trucks, jeeps etc. But IA seems to prefer the glossy finish.

Any reason for this?

That is only on the equipment used in the displays and parades. Its different with operational equipment. Seeing them, one may well ask when did this last get a coat of paint?

Ashoke Layland JV with KMW

dsc03211nh.jpg

dsc03212yn.jpg

Great, so the Donar is on offer for India as well! Just hoped that they would present it on one of Ashoke Laylands trucks. The best choice for IAs self-propelled howitzer requirement!

yes....

me in black shirt...

Kch Lete kyu nhi??? :what:

I must say swati.....you solved alot of doubts....thanx lot yaar....

This Girl's got some talent.. ;)

Swati a couple more things. Did you happen to see a picture or a model of Nirbhay missile ??? How it looks ??? Is the turboprop news true or there will be turbofan ???

Have you seen or heard anything about Long Range Cruise Missile (LRCM), the proposed long range supersonic cruise missile ??

Livefist: FIRST LOOK: India's Long-Range Cruise Missile Programme

No Idea Sirjii... :no:

Looks like Gerald Bull's legacy lives on.
GC-45 howitzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is

The Kalyani Group has also acquired the entire howitzer manufacturing plant of Austria-based NORICUM (formerly known as Voest Alpine), which had developed the GHN-45 155mm/45-cal howitzer and had subsequently exported the GHN-45 to Thailand

Ashok Leyland tactical vehicle
colt-600x399.jpg

It's a Ashok Leyland Panhard aka French PVP A4 AVL

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC00199.JPG

DSC00198.JPG

The above two illustrations show the Raytheon-built gunner’s sight being proposed by Larsen & Toubro for the T-72M1 MBT upgrade. This same sight is also on offer by L & T as a panoramic target acquisition system for the NAMICA troop commander’s vehicle. This sight will be mounted on a hydraulic mast on the NAMICA.

DSC00524.JPG

DSC00525.jpg

The above two photos show the Prahaar NLOS-BSM mounted on a TATRA vehicle. This poster was on display only on March 29, 2012 and was removed the very same day and was replaced by the poster (shown below), although the full-scale model of the Prahaar was shown mounted atop a TATA-built TEL. Sure beats me why someone would pull off such a caper.

DSC00526.JPG

Shown below is the DRDO developed and BEL-built VARUNA shipborne passive surveillance system.

DSC00667.jpg

Below is a scale-model of the BEL-upgraded ZSU-23-4 Schilka, seen carrying two Python-5 VSHORADS missiles.

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

The poster below shows the terminal radar sensor for the supersonic ALCM/ASCM (Nirbhay?) being developed by the DRDO’s ASL. Needless to say, this very sensor is also very likely to be on board the Prahaar NLOS-BSM.

DSC00836.jpg

The illustration below clearly demonstrates how legacy communications systems like AREN compare with the new-generation software-driven TCS that the Indian Army is in need of.

DSC00815.jpg

CASSIDIAN teamed up with ALPHA Technologies Pvt Ltd (which likes to describe itself as a BEL but in the private-sector, and has gainfully employed all the experienced scientists and engineers from BEL who have reached mandatory retirement age) is offering the MAWS and Ariel active towed-decoy for the Super Su-30MKI.

DSC00997.jpg

DSC01888.JPG

Mahindra Defence’s FICV project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom